SDN Fairgrounds - 10th Annual Noob WW Game

Started by WildZoo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Thank you all for playing, thank you to the manators for manatoring, thank you thank you THANK YOU to @kaydubs as always for being my partner in crime.

They wouldn't do that in a noob game indeed 😉
​
Crime, you say? Always.

Thanks to the players and manators!!

And many many thanks to @WildZoo. I love our collabs so much.

Til next time!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That’s true. Not gonna lie, I was trying to go for the exclusive win. Just one night and I may have made it
Having missed a 3p win by 1 person myself once, I can say confidently that you'll feel better if you blame @Zenge142.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have NO idea how I blocked 80% of the night kills. Half of that was luck. Half of it was my crazy “I won’t go with what village says just because village” strategy
Instincts off the chart!
Literally you targeted all 3 wolves and would have blocked 4 NKs if that night wasn’t a full stop.
I’m very very impressed and don’t want to be on your bad side!
 
First of all, great game guys. You played very well, you had great reads, and you won fair and square. Congratulations 🙂

Some of this will sound like sour grapes, so I wanted to lead with that because I'm not taking anything away from you. That said, I've had 72 hours with nothing to do but think about what might have been... so indulge me for a second :laugh:
Tbh you did a good job tho bc I was dead sure about beans and spurs but I was always on the fence about u
I still wish I had gotten a chance to plead my case (and, ahem, that a certain PM had not been posted...). I had a whole speech typed out (THIS POST IS PROOF THAT I DO THINGS LIKE THAT) where I would have immediately yeeted @beans2020 , supported my prior yeet and "suspicion" for vampy, and cast continuing suspcion on @_rae_ . May or may not of worked, and given the overwhelming strength of y'alls abilities you probably could have eventually figured us out, but I was definitely coming out guns blazing and wasn't going down without a fight 🙂

@spiane getting a deux ex machina dart, while I got a do-nothing, was unfortunate, but no doubt they used it to full effect--it was honestly brilliant to use it on me rather than @beans2020 , when beans was clearly toast already.
I don't belive this because it took us so long to have a successful scum yeet, yall had us going for a while

I’m js we got a bit screwed w super inactive villagers so it probably was near even ground.

Also the people rage quitting made things really difficult to investigate bc it felt like we weren’t allowed to ask any more questions.
Just, no. Y'all did not get screwed. I think we played a very good social game in causing misyeets for as long as we could, but eventually our inability to kill people at night caught up with us. Again, you guys deserve full credit for getting good reads on us early in the game and using your abilities to maximum effect. But it really stymied anything we could do mechanically.

There were an equal number of villagers and wolves killed at night in this game. That's wild. By random chance, in a game filled with multiple investigative roles, a blocker, a poisoner, etc, our one kill on N2 was a player with an ability that didn't interact with us at all. Out of 6 nights and 3 wolves, we had a combined total of TWO successful night actions, and one of them was @beans2020 with a hail mary night cancel ability which canceled our night kill (and did not succeed in turning the tide against her). We got poisoned, blocked, and outright killed at night, while as far as I can tell nothing negative happened to the players at night. With this being the case, it would have been very challenging to somehow pull out the win.

Of course we could have played a more convincing social game, but I feel like we did about as well as we could for as long as we could before we inevitably got caught in some inconsistencies. Other than that, I can MAYBE think of two places where we could have made different changes that could have changed the outcome of the game:

1) @beans2020 and I could have turned on @vampyrica after @fruitsalad more or less outed her. I think a big part of us looking sus was that we were sort of in lockstep in protecting her, and we could have blended in for longer if we weren't protecting her. That said, it would have been very unsatisfying in a n00b game to turn on your own teammate, esp when her vig shot was so potentially powerful, and it seemed like y'all were taking her 3P story pretty seriously.

2) We could have not used @beans2020 's night cancel ability. Maybe we get to kill fruits that night, though probably not given how the blocker seemed to have a good read on us. We also used it on a night where we didn't lose Vampy's vig shot. Ultimately we thought our best chance was to try and convince y'all that she was town, and I think it might have worked if we hadn't gotten caught in a lie.

Again--GOOD GAME! @katiemcat was a very persuasive leader. @_rae_ used her power unbelievably effectively. @spiane followed his gut and it paid off huge TWICE. @PrincessButterCup used her ability to help figure out our roles. @nicoledoesvetstuff dropped bombs that helped turn the tide against @beans2020 . And @CeeGee14 ALMOST WON THE GAME ON HER OWN!!!! It was a ton of fun, and I think it was well-played all around. You shouldn't come into a game like this and expect anything less than wild shenanigans :laugh: @kaydubs , @WildZoo , @Animal Midwife , and all the manators, thank y'all for putting together a very fun game, and I look forward to playing with you all again! 😀
 
First of all, great game guys. You played very well, you had great reads, and you won fair and square. Congratulations 🙂

Some of this will sound like sour grapes, so I wanted to lead with that because I'm not taking anything away from you. That said, I've had 72 hours with nothing to do but think about what might have been... so indulge me for a second :laugh:

I still wish I had gotten a chance to plead my case (and, ahem, that a certain PM had not been posted...). I had a whole speech typed out (THIS POST IS PROOF THAT I DO THINGS LIKE THAT) where I would have immediately yeeted @beans2020 , supported my prior yeet and "suspicion" for vampy, and cast continuing suspcion on @_rae_ . May or may not of worked, and given the overwhelming strength of y'alls abilities you probably could have eventually figured us out, but I was definitely coming out guns blazing and wasn't going down without a fight 🙂

@spiane getting a deux ex machina dart, while I got a do-nothing, was unfortunate, but no doubt they used it to full effect--it was honestly brilliant to use it on me rather than @beans2020 , when beans was clearly toast already.



Just, no. Y'all did not get screwed. I think we played a very good social game in causing misyeets for as long as we could, but eventually our inability to kill people at night caught up with us. Again, you guys deserve full credit for getting good reads on us early in the game and using your abilities to maximum effect. But it really stymied anything we could do mechanically.

There were an equal number of villagers and wolves killed at night in this game. That's wild. By random chance, in a game filled with multiple investigative roles, a blocker, a poisoner, etc, our one kill on N2 was a player with an ability that didn't interact with us at all. Out of 6 nights and 3 wolves, we had a combined total of TWO successful night actions, and one of them was @beans2020 with a hail mary night cancel ability which canceled our night kill (and did not succeed in turning the tide against her). We got poisoned, blocked, and outright killed at night, while as far as I can tell nothing negative happened to the players at night. With this being the case, it would have been very challenging to somehow pull out the win.

Of course we could have played a more convincing social game, but I feel like we did about as well as we could for as long as we could before we inevitably got caught in some inconsistencies. Other than that, I can MAYBE think of two places where we could have made different changes that could have changed the outcome of the game:

1) @beans2020 and I could have turned on @vampyrica after @fruitsalad more or less outed her. I think a big part of us looking sus was that we were sort of in lockstep in protecting her, and we could have blended in for longer if we weren't protecting her. That said, it would have been very unsatisfying in a n00b game to turn on your own teammate, esp when her vig shot was so potentially powerful, and it seemed like y'all were taking her 3P story pretty seriously.

2) We could have not used @beans2020 's night cancel ability. Maybe we get to kill fruits that night, though probably not given how the blocker seemed to have a good read on us. We also used it on a night where we didn't lose Vampy's vig shot. Ultimately we thought our best chance was to try and convince y'all that she was town, and I think it might have worked if we hadn't gotten caught in a lie.

Again--GOOD GAME! @katiemcat was a very persuasive leader. @_rae_ used her power unbelievably effectively. @spiane followed his gut and it paid off huge TWICE. @PrincessButterCup used her ability to help figure out our roles. @nicoledoesvetstuff dropped bombs that helped turn the tide against @beans2020 . And @CeeGee14 ALMOST WON THE GAME ON HER OWN!!!! It was a ton of fun, and I think it was well-played all around. You shouldn't come into a game like this and expect anything less than wild shenanigans :laugh: @kaydubs , @WildZoo , @Animal Midwife , and all the manators, thank y'all for putting together a very fun game, and I look forward to playing with you all again! 😀
And to be entirely fair to the wolves, mechanically I do acknowledge this game tended towards village-sided. There was a lot for y'all to combat. I will likely not ever have a parity seer in a game again (I hate seers anyway but there's a whole thing where I feel like they kind of need to exist in noob games because of fundamental gameplay things but I digress).

Village just also used said mechanics to maximum effect at every opportunity!

I think I'd add to your list that y'all declined to give out vampy's vig shot n1.
 
Village just also used said mechanics to maximum effect at every opportunity!
This is 100% true. Taking absolutely nothing away from y'alls win. If @_rae_ had targeted the wrong villagers on accident, it could have been disastrous.

This is not a commentary on the game design at all--the way it played out made it incredibly challenging, but I don't think the mods could have ever predicted you guys would have played your roles as effectively as you did 🙂
 
I thought of that--but it would've been canceled by @genny 's sacrifice, right?
i dont think this is fair, i wasnt online to make that decision so when asked i said i probably wont use it bc i wasnt online and it would look weird for someone to receive the shot. it would have been a confirmed villager N1 bc then my 3p story would have been confirmed from the get-go
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is 100% true. Taking absolutely nothing away from y'alls win. If @_rae_ had targeted the wrong villagers on accident, it could have been disastrous.

This is not a commentary on the game design at all--the way it played out made it incredibly challenging, but I don't think the mods could have ever predicted you guys would have played your roles as effectively as you did 🙂
Vamps probably should have handed out that N1 shot but I don’t think it would have made a real difference in the long run.
I have never seen village target so well as I did in this game.
Fruit ATTEMPTING to seer beans N1
Fruit successfully in seering Vampy N2
rae blocking vampy x2
Rae blocking beans
Rae attempted to block you N4
Spiane shooting you on the night you were being given a vig shot

It was quite impressive really. I really am impressed with you all and think you all did play a great social deduction game in spite of that mechanical stuff
 
i dont think this is fair, i wasnt online to make that decision so when asked i said i probably wont use it bc i wasnt online and it would look weird for someone to receive the shot. it would have been a confirmed villager N1 bc then my 3p story would have been confirmed from the get-go
Hind sight is 20/20. I misread the ability myself but we could have done something like “oh I gave it to the mayor seems like a good starting point.” Or something like that. We know for the future we probably should let it off if ever in that situation again 🙂