Noobies vs Boobies - The Ultimate WW battle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

How addicted to WW are you? My addiction is like:


  • Total voters
    36
  • Poll closed .

StartingoverVet

Flight Instructor for hire
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Experience vs Enthusiasm.
Knowledge vs Energy.
Innovation vs Tradition.
Old vs New.
Time-honored vs fresh.

It is a conflict that has been occurring since the earliest times when the old guy with the cane/club whacked the young neanderthal and told him to "get off my cave". Here is this WW incubator, we will perform a conclusive experiment to find out who is REALLY the best at surviving, strategizing, deflecting, and ultimately winning at WW. Will the results surprise you, or be just as you expected.

Some of you are wondering what this game is about. Good. I like unanswered questions.

In case it is not perfectly obvious, you are separated into 2 teams/groups. The noobies and the boobies. If you don't know why the boobies are called that - you just haven't been paying attention (not to mention including the word boob is bound to bring more attention to my creation).

You are trying to survive as always in a game of villagers vs wolves... BUT you also want to bring glory to your team. You will have to balance those goals.

Some variations on the traditional WW game must be made (not to mention just because it is an SOV game, that goes without saying).

You will elect 2 mayors. The noobs will elect a noob mayor. The boobies will elect a booby mayor. You may vote for yourself, or someone else, but only on your team. The mayors are more than just tie-breakers, but the particulars, as usual, are state secrets.

Once you elect your mayor we will turn to night. Many of you have roles that only work on certain nights. Please note this. Do NOT send me your actions on the wrong night. I am easily befuddled. Only the mod is allowed to make "errors", although if I make them, they are not errors, they are game enhancers.

For day 2, AND EVERY OTHER DAY BUT DAY 1, you will vote to lynch someone, but you MAY ONLY lynch a member of the other team. That's right. Your fellow team members can not lynch you. Does this mean you can trust them more? Not for me to say. Only 1 person will be lynched, the top vote-getter, so there may be some strategy involved in voting, or not. I have no idea how that will play out.

General WW wolves... I am adapting a new broader interpretation of what WW should be. Too many rules that make no sense to me.
** LIS rule and FH rule are suspended. I am tired of being class monitor. Laissez Faire.
** My "play nice" rule is suspened. I am tired of being class monitor. If you violate TOS, that is someone else's problem not mine.
** No complaining to me about other players. I don't give a hoot. I am tired of being class monitor.
** QUOTING OF PLAYERS RULE; You know, anything goes. If you can't figure out not to completely trust anything anyone says to you, even if it looks legitimate, you deserve to be tricked. The only exception: YOU MAY NOT ADD ANY PERSON TO AN EXISTING CONVERSATION. Especially not with the mod, but also any group messages. The only exception would be a wolf conversation.
** Editing of posts.... You know what, IDGAF. You may edit anything you said in the past. If people aren't paying attention, too bad. THE EXCEPTION: you may not edit a post that contains a lynch vote. Confusing the mod is punishable by death.
** When you are dead NO FREAKING STRATEGY. That is the only WW rule that I think should remain. Please, after you are dead restrict your talk to making fun of old men and the like. You are there for comic relief, not for contributing to the game. Dead must post in ****** as usual.
*** please bold your lynch/elect votes. And don't hide them in a middle of a long message. I strongly urge people to put lynch votes in a separate message so they stand out, and you don't have to worry about editing them.

That's it. Have fun. Try to win at all costs. Be mean. Lie. Cheat. Steal. Edit. Deceive. Post gifs. Make movies. Mock your teammates and opponent. Try to participate as best you can (use contingencies if you'd like, if not, not).

It is Day1: There are 40 players in the game. Elect 2 mayors.

The Roster

N00bies
Imbecility
1- @magbags
2- @sayabear3
3- @brightimpressio
4- @beatles1964
5- @98cats

Improbability
1- @tuckervet
2- @Romoret
3- @VetAshley2117
4- @epivetlove
5- @Hulk Smash


immaturity
1- @SummerTheLynx
2- @Mad Jack
3- @WildZoo
4- @touchpause13
5- @Gwenevre


impressionability
1- @Ashgirl
2- @lhmhtd
3- @UFprevet12
4- @WillowLeaf
5- @Cracker.Jack.

Boobies
insanity
1- @dyachei
2- @thedrjojo
3- @devyn
4- @DVMDream
5- @Escalla

inanity
1- @allieh8607
2- @nohika
3- @swingnsave
4- @Philliab
5- @ksmi117

infantility (Lemon Party II)
1- @shortnsweet
2- @Chillbo Baggins
3- @Flim Flam Man
4- @LetItSnow
5- @Frozenshades

incalculability
1- @hedgiehog
2- @Cyndia
3- @orca2011
4- @Lissarae06
5- @DocEspana
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I like these rules too.
** QUOTING OF PLAYERS RULE; You know, anything goes. If you can't figure out not to completely trust anything anyone says to you, even if it looks legitimate, you deserve to be tricked. The only exception: YOU MAY NOT ADD ANY PERSON TO AN EXISTING CONVERSATION. Especially not with the mod, but also any group messages. The only exception would be a wolf conversation.
We can make group PM conversations, right? We just can't add someone midway through a conversations, so we would have to make a new group PM if someone moves groups and we want to include them, right?
I was first. 😛
Mod doesn't count, you created the thread. I still got first non-mod post. 😛
 
😱

I'd like to see that pm 😉
You are the wolf of Wall Street. You must post wolf brags, silly gifs, and mKe fun of old men. You will write long posts, like every other post, and get escalla to trust you and betray her. You will also maintain that wz is not your wife when we know she is just trolling. You must confide in every player who asks.

There it is.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I like puppehs and candeh! (Read in British accent.... Don't know where that came from) so I also elect STL.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Elect Lissa

If we are really going to honor the old guard I don't see a JDH, Nutmeg, Sev, or Fonz hanging around. Might as well go with someone from my generation of player (IIRC as to who started around my time).
 
Random musing: Is STL really considered a noobie?

Oh and elect devyn
 
Random musing: Is STL really considered a noobie?

Oh and elect devyn
So, I was the last one to join before the wave of noobs. I was considered a noob still for the arroww game, and thus I felt I wouldn't overstep my bounds and sign up under noobs. Also, wanted to let chillbo and cyndia decide which way they were, and I don't really give them a choice if I sign up under boobies. And full disclosure, I may have also done it so I could be in the group I am in currently. But it's probably debatable...

And Gwen, woke up, gf wanted to stay in bed and sleep, didn't want me getting up, so had lots of free time 😛. I promise many more likes if elected mayor!
 
So, I was the last one to join before the wave of noobs. I was considered a noob still for the arroww game, and thus I felt I wouldn't overstep my bounds and sign up under noobs. Also, wanted to let chillbo and cyndia decide which way they were, and I don't really give them a choice if I sign up under boobies. And full disclosure, I may have also done it so I could be in the group I am in currently. But it's probably debatable...

Interesting...I think what we have here folks is a ringer. :eyebrow:
 
Interesting...I think what we have here folks is a ringer. :eyebrow:
Too bad. There was a nice mechanism for the boobs to vote to kick out a player from the boob side if things were unbalanced by too many boobs, or to draft a player from the noob side if too few boobs. But y'all so nicely matched up evenly.

Bloodthirsty mod is disappointed. I was looking forward to the hurt feelings.
 
Official SOV can't count Lynch Vote.
Sponsored by Ginkgo biloba

Boob Vote
LIS 3
(jojo, DVMD, Hedgie)
Swings 1 (swings)
Devyn 5 (Dev, dyachei, SnS, Phil, ksmi)
Lissa 1 (DocE)

Uncast votes: 10

Noob Vote
TP 1
(MJ)
Vetash 3 (Vetash, Hulk, UFO)
STL 5 (STL, AshG, Gwen, LHM, Epi)

Uncast votes: 11

The Devyn Honorary Lynch GIF:
2040.gif
 
Too bad. There was a nice mechanism for the boobs to vote to kick out a player from the boob side if things were unbalanced by too many boobs, or to draft a player from the noob side if too few boobs. But y'all so nicely matched up evenly.

Bloodthirsty mod is disappointed. I was looking forward to the hurt feelings.

I wasn't complaining SOV.....that was my attempt at humor this morning (running on way too few hours of sleep). Guess I better step it up this game. :dead:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm am the most extreme type of noob: my very first WW game! So I don't really know what I'm doing. However I haven't forgotten everyone (good and bad) from Resistance...
When I saw MadJack was in the noobs I thought I'd throw a nomination out for him simply because I assumed he'd have the most experience of all the noobs, but STL was pretty good in Resistance. I'll sit on it for awhile and ponder.