Northern California Total Joint job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

callmeanesthesia

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Posting on behalf of my group. This isn’t my usual area of the forum so please redirect or let me know if there’s a better place to post this.

We are a multidisciplinary orthopedic and sports group. Our current total joint guy is leaving the group so we are looking for a replacement. We have a hefty internal and external referral pipeline, and you would be the only one in the group doing THA/TKA. Partnership after 1-2 years. Most of the surgeons take call with the local hospitals for extra income. The group has an affiliated ASC with experience doing outpatient total joints. We also have ancillaries including PT, MRI, and soon DME.

This is an old-school private practice group so the starting salary for the first year is low but guaranteed until you ramp up. After that, the only limit is how hard you want to work. Overhead is high, but mostly fixed, meaning once you hit a certain threshold, your income climbs rapidly. The group is egalitarian, so there are no Junior/Senior partners. Employee physicians are encouraged to attend the weekly partner meetings, and have a say in decisions. Basically you run your practice how you want, and the group provides admin support for that. W2 structure, with full benefits, 401(k) eligible after first year.

It’s in California, so state income tax is high, and it’s semi-rural. However, property is affordable. I own 3 acres and a 3500 sq ft house and I paid $600k for it in 2019. Now it would probably be about $750k. There are huge lakes, lots of fishing, and skiing. It gets really hot in the summer but not too cold in the winter.

PM me if you’re interested.

Members don't see this ad.