Northwestern applicants...check your status page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

titoincali

SDN Angel
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mine says I've been accepted!!

Members don't see this ad.

pending.....

Members don't see this ad :)
"Your Supplemental Application and application fee were received August 2, 2005.
All letters of recommendation were received August 31, 2005.

Your application is complete and still under review. This information is updated daily."

Updated daily...hmmm.

vn2004 said:
congrats, so is tito out of cali then?

Tito has no idea what do with her life. Every day I say I'm heading to a different school!

titoincali said:
Mine says I've been accepted!!

I'M INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!! OMG.... I AM SO EXCITED OMG I AM GOING TO FREAKIN NORTHWESTERN!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

pretty

prettymd05 said:
I'M INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!! OMG.... I AM SO EXCITED OMG I AM GOING TO FREAKIN NORTHWESTERN!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

pretty
might want to change your signature then

I really hope that not all status pages are updated at the same time....I interviewed the same day as Titoincali and my status page still says "A final decision is pending...."...oh my god..this worries me....NW is my #1 choice!!!

I would imagine that they are updated at the same time. They are only accepting maybe like 300 people total, and a bunch of those have already been sent out.

Pending at this point probably = waitlist/rejection.

I'm also still pending. Which is just wonderful. Congrats to those who got in.

Yay! Thanks for letting us know. I have been waiting anxiously and am glad we finally found out. Who's going to second look?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I just called the admissions office.....the lady on the phone told me that if they put info in the system yesterday, it updates today....they will put info in the system today and it will update tom....and that letters should be received by the end of next week.......sooooooooo it gives us "pending" people hope...but not much I'm guessing.

hahaha, I wonder if the people who have received a status change today have last names in the upper part of the alphabet! i'm getting into some major paranoia here, but why the heck shouldn't i have a little fun? my last name is toward the end of the alphabet, so maybe i have hope...how do you like this theory? :laugh:

OrganLibrarian said:
hahaha, I wonder if the people who have received a status change today have last names in the upper part of the alphabet! i'm getting into some major paranoia here, but why the heck shouldn't i have a little fun? my last name is toward the end of the alphabet, so maybe i have hope...how do you like this theory? :laugh:

My last name starts with "A" so maybe your theory is correct!

Mine starts with C so I hope this theory isn't correct....now multiple people are reporting acceptances...a waitlist/rejection from NW would really tear me up man...it really is the perfect place for ME...why do they have to hold us in suspense? Why can't they just update the status pages at the same time.

my last name starts with "w" and another friend who was accepted starts with "r"
good luck to everyone who is waiting!

OrganLibrarian said:

I actually had this exact same thought... I just thought it was too neurotic to post. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

SmoothNC said:
Mine starts with C so I hope this theory isn't correct....now multiple people are reporting acceptances...a waitlist/rejection from NW would really tear me up man...it really is the perfect place for ME...why do they have to hold us in suspense? Why can't they just update the status pages at the same time.

My last name starts with L...so I think its pretty random. good luck though!!!

wait....so there still is hope if our pages say pending today?

The admissions lady I spoke to sounded like she knew what she was talking about (status pages don't update till the next day after the info is put in)...she put me on hold to verify this. My reason for thinking that there is hope is that this is the first day of status page changes for the bulk of interviewees...there are sure to be more in the upcoming days. Just like last year, when different peoples pages said "a final decision is forthcoming" on different days.

SmoothNC said:
The admissions lady I spoke to sounded like she knew what she was talking about (status pages don't update till the next day after the info is put in)...she put me on hold to verify this. My reason for thinking that there is hope is that this is the first day of status page changes for the bulk of interviewees...there are sure to be more in the upcoming days. Just like last year, when different peoples pages said "a final decision is forthcoming" on different days.

I worked in IT at my school for a couple of months freshman year, and its pretty standard for pages to be batch updated....meaning that there is one time, usually very early in the morning, where the entire server is rebooted to display changes. It's pretty demanding on a server to update every time something is changed. I guess my question was just more about whether they had put all the acceptances in yesterday, and the rest of us will find out by mail. I think you answered my question though.

SmoothNC said:
I would be really upset to get a rejection from them. I'm still pending at the moment. :(

well....if my theory is correct, we'll see tom. if there are any status page changes. At this point, I am being madd pessimistic...but then I just think of the fact that they accept 40-50% of interviewees outright, and then more off the waitlist. I don't know....I'm waiting on NW and Jefferson right now, I hope one of these schools accepts me....I slammed both interviews but you just never know because of all the great applicants they interview!!

oooh! mine says "you've been complete since the beginning of time and will be interviewed soon after hell freezes over! congratulations!" actually, i would prefer that to the underlined "complete" and "still under review"...and of course the infamous "this info is updated every day." hmmm maybe they re-type the message first thing ever morning?! ahaha ;)

IM FREAKIN INNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

drinks on me

somewhere2010 said:
oooh! mine says "you've been complete since the beginning of time and will be interviewed soon after hell freezes over! congratulations!" actually, i would prefer that to the underlined "complete" and "still under review"...and of course the infamous "this info is updated every day." hmmm maybe they re-type the message first thing ever morning?! ahaha ;)
Mine too...do you think they'll ever get around to sending us rejection letters?

SuzieQ3417 said:
Mine too...do you think they'll ever get around to sending us rejection letters?

Sweet, I'm in too...does NW ever offer scholarships (and if so, when are financial aid packages offered?)

Can someone post the link? I deleted it.

I'm afraid I have some bad news. For the folks whose status page was "pending" earlier today....check it now...mine says "A final decision is forthcoming". I called the admissions office again, and they said that acceptances will be indicated via the status page. This probably means waitlist/rejection for all of us who were pending and now forthcoming....which is different than in past years. :(

SmoothNC said:
I'm afraid I have some bad news. For the folks whose status page was "pending" earlier today....check it now...mine says "A final decision is forthcoming". I called the admissions office again, and they said that acceptances will be indicated via the status page. This probably means waitlist/rejection for all of us who were pending and now forthcoming....which is different than in past years. :(

What if I'm STILL "pending??"

SanDiegoSOD, the status check link is https://medicalapp.northwestern.edu/

Sooo,
Does that mean that people who have "pending" at this point haven't gotten in? I'm holding on the the 'batch-updating' theory :laugh:. Please God, PLEEASE!!! :scared:

im thinkin that they must have typed all the acceptances in yesterday, and thats what they are showing today. The majority of applicants fall in the rejected or waitlisted category and so will be updated as the days go on, and because of the large volume these categories will take a long time. If you think about it, the rejection category includes everyone who hasn't interviewed as well. Time to look at plan B for me.

but mine still says pending. maybe pending/forthcoming means reject vs. waitlist. who knows? this is one mind game i really no longer feel like playing :-(

yeah mine says pending still, but also my panel interview was a disaster. really a disaster, not one of those "you just think it was bad but it was really fine" interviews.

annavs said:
but mine still says pending. maybe pending/forthcoming means reject vs. waitlist. who knows? this is one mind game i really no longer feel like playing :-(

I feel like there should be a key to decode these short little phrases:

Pending Vs. Forthcoming

What does the page of the applicants who didnt interview say?

pnasty said:
I feel like there should be a key to decode these short little phrases:

Pending Vs. Forthcoming

What does the page of the applicants who didnt interview say?
I never got an interview invite and it still says "under review" and "this information is updated daily"

Pending.

Oh, and I was so hopeful before I looked it up.
thx for letting us know anyway.
We'll keep our fingers crossed

What do you guys have on your status page to know you've been accepted?

Do you actually see something to the effect of "you have been accepted" or "congratulations"?

Or do you see "a decision is forthcoming" and interpret this as you've been accepted?

dr_ray said:
What do you guys have on your status page to know you've been accepted?

Do you actually see something to the effect of "you have been accepted" or "congratulations"?

Or do you see "a decision is forthcoming" and interpret this as you've been accepted?

Mine actually says "congratulations on your acceptance to Feinberg School of Medicine"

Man from looking at other NU threads it looks like a decision is forthcoming used to be good news....I wonder why they changed it to congrats you've been accepted. Well here's to more waiting to see if i got the rejection or waitlist letter.

I called the admissions office earlier and she said "it's her understanding" that all acceptances have already been listed on the web site. It took me a lot of questions to get that out, so it may have been a misunderstanding, but she sounded pretty confident about it.

pnasty said:
I called the admissions office earlier and she said "it's her understanding" that all acceptances have already been listed on the web site. It took me a lot of questions to get that out, so it may have been a misunderstanding, but she sounded pretty confident about it.
I'd been hoping that my "A final decision is pending on your application" which is still there as of tonight, is better than an update to "a decision is forthcoming" but perhaps that is just so much wishful thinking... :oops:

This wait is Killing me.
Why doesnt my page says accepted.
It would be soooo nice.
Enough ranting tonight.
Good nite everyone.
Remember, tomorrow is another day.

I just checked my status page.

I live in a beautiful world. My wife is beautiful. My son is a million bucks. And, simply put, I live in a beautiful world.

thegenius said:
I just checked my status page.

I live in a beautiful world. My wife is beautiful. My son is a million bucks. And, simply put, I live in a beautiful world.

that's awesome man, congrats. i keep thinkin how different my day would have been if i had gotten in...here's hoping that i get wait listed

OHare said:
I never got an interview invite and it still says "under review" and "this information is updated daily"

Same.

SmoothNC said:
I'm thinking the same. :( mine says "forthcoming" which is obviously not "congratulations!"