Northwestern applicants...check your status page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
TheProwler said:
I'm thinking the same. :( mine says "forthcoming" which is obviously not "congratulations!"

Mine too. Went from thinking I had a good chance of getting in to hoping I just make the wait list. Here's hoping for the waitlist Prowler.

Members don't see this ad.

So I just checked the page again. Yesterday it said accepted, and now it says a final decision is forthcoming.

Um . . . what the heck?

NoSoupforYou13 said:
So I just checked the page again. Yesterday it said accepted, and now it says a final decision is forthcoming.

Um . . . what the heck?

I see that too! Their med school application software needs to be perfected. If I go to Northwestern I'll offer my software consulting services. For a fee. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Okay. So made a very nervous phone call to NW admissions office. They said that it was a technical glitch, and should be switched back later today.

Still . . .

NoSoupforYou13 said:

Um . . . what the heck?

I am praying that somehow my account just didnt get a congratulations and just skipped to the forthcoming.

Hahaha, you should call them and offer your services.

NoSoupforYou13 said:
Okay. So made a very nervous phone call to NW admissions office. They said that it was a technical glitch, and should be switched back later today.

Still . . .

yeah I just called to make sure myself!!! lol...scared the ish out of me...that school is my heart.

Poor Northwestern, they are going to get tons of phone calls today from nervous applicants. All because they had a technical glitch. With my expertise in building and maintaining software applications, I can fix this glitch such that it will never happen again.

From the other posts on this board, it *appears* that the glitch didn't give false information for the applicant.

would you guys mind letting us now when it switches back to the congrats message?

I just checked mine. It says Decicion Forthcoming. Not really sure what to make of this.

Im a URM myself how did u prepare for the MCAT?

FuchaDoc said:

You need to study with other URMs, and admit yourself to the URM School of Religious and Tempermental Thought, and sing one lullaby every night.

FuchaDoc said:

I enrolled in TPR and used the Science Workbook ad nauseum. For verbal reasoning I used primarily EK 101.

Anyone else have the same switch?

Members don't see this ad :)
same thing happened to me. i'm pretty sure they did it to everyone that was accepted...

oreo85 said:
same thing happened to me. i'm pretty sure they did it to everyone that was accepted...

hey guys - same thing happened to me and i just called. they said that dean brown is writting a letter to accepted students that will be posted later today or tomorrow. in the meantime however the 'decision is forthcoming' message is in the place of the 'congrats' message. i personally prefer the congrats message.... anyway, nothing to worry about - they aren't making any 'opps' corrections or anything like that to stress about!

The thing is I checked mine today for the first time so I don't know that mine is a switch.

Did they say when she decided to write this letter? It seems a couple of us had a decision is pending early yesterday and then by the afternoon it said a decision is forthcoming. When I called I asked if acceptances would be indicated by the congrats message only and she said probably not....not quite sure what that means. I think I am just going to wait for my letter (which she said have already been sent out)!

FuchaDoc said:
I went to the MCAT forum and asked some questions there, rather than in a random thread within the PreAllopathic forum... :idea:

I am (at least partially) kidding! :p Start studying early, take many practice tests and review them extensively. Try to relax for test day. Seriously, though, you'll get a lot more help in the MCAT forum than in a thread for Northwestern applicants. :thumbup:

:luck: Good luck!

So what about the people who have a decision is forthcoming but never had a congratulations message?!

wildcat05 said:
So what about the people who have a decision is forthcoming but never had a congratulations message?!
Or the people who are still pending?!? :confused:

YEAHHHHH!!!

I was "still under review" as of yesterday but today at around noon I got a message of acceptance and called the admissions office and it was true!!!! So those who are still pending, keep the faith, I don't think they put everyone in at the same time!!!

wildcat05 said:
they are holding onto a sliver of hope that they will be accepted. Or at least I am. :( I would love love love to go there.

TheProwler said:
they are holding onto a sliver of hope that they will be accepted. Or at least I am. :( I would love love love to go there.

Same here Prowler.....NU is above and beyond my top choice. I was hoping that the forthcoming was a waitlist message and pending wasnt good, but it looks like the pendings are the ones that just havent been updated yet.

pnasty said:
Same here Prowler.....NU is above and beyond my top choice. I was hoping that the forthcoming was a waitlist message and pending wasnt good, but it looks like the pendings are the ones that just havent been updated yet.

Hm, well sometime in the last hour I went from "pending" to "forthcoming..." I'm sure it can't be good, but I'm tired of trying to read into their secret messages... I'm going to stop checking and just wait for the mail.

pnasty said:
here's hoping I'll see you at the second look in April!

2010MD said:
Hm, well sometime in the last hour I went from "pending" to "forthcoming..." I'm sure it can't be good, but I'm tired of trying to read into their secret messages... I'm going to stop checking and just wait for the mail.

I second that motion.
I just called the admissions office and the lady told me that decisions have all been sent out today. She also said that at this time, the only applicants who can see their accept/reject/waitlist status online are the accepted applicants.
The only thing left for us "forthcoming" or "pending" people is to wait for those letters. Good luck you guys.

dr_ray said:
I second that motion.
I just called the admissions office and the lady told me that decisions have all been sent out today. She also said that at this time, the only applicants who can see their accept/reject/waitlist status online are the accepted applicants.
The only thing left for us "forthcoming" or "pending" people is to wait for those letters. Good luck you guys.

this would all be so much more simple and clear with good ol' fashion snail mail

dr_ray said:
I second that motion.

did they say why some people's status changed from accepted to forthcoming?

So. Called again. (Believe me, I know.)

My story: I had the congratulations page up yesterday. Switched to “forthcoming” today. When I spoke to NW in the morning, they said that it would switch back to congratulations in the afternoon. Mine page never switched back, so I called again. She said that the first congratulations page was correct, and there is something wrong with my page.

Take away message:
a) If it initially said congratulations, this is probably still the case, regardless of what it says now.

b) only trust things in writing. (Maybe next time I will use my digital camera and take a picture of the computer screen, just in case. :) haha)

NoSoupforYou13 said:
So. Called again. (Believe me, I know.)

My story: I had the congratulations page up yesterday. Switched to “forthcoming” today. When I spoke to NW in the morning, they said that it would switch back to congratulations in the afternoon. Mine page never switched back, so I called again. She said that the first congratulations page was correct, and there is something wrong with my page.

Take away message:
a) If it initially said congratulations, this is probably still the case, regardless of what it says now.

b) only trust things in writing. (Maybe next time I will use my digital camera and take a picture of the computer screen, just in case. :) haha)

mine hasn't changed back either!!!! - i like the congrats much better!!

NoSoupforYou13 said:
there is something wrong with my page.

i hope there is something wrong with my page as well :luck: :D

Still pending, never anything else. And I'm smack dab in the middle of the alphabet... let's hope that I get updated Monday (or get a letter tomorrow!)

Wow. I just wanted to say that I feel for you guys... and I hope everything turns out well in the end for all of you. I'd be flipping out if this status page switching stuff happened to me. (Fortunately, Feinberg didn't deign to interview me, so I'm pretty certain of my status. :rolleyes: )

:luck: :luck: :luck:

has anyone's page which was originally congrats to forthcoming changed back to congrats yet!?!

My sumerian type status page went from pending to forthcoming at some point late today. Can anyone give me the latest up to date analysis of what they think this means?

Cant wait for the answer to this one.

F NW if they dont want me, holla.

keg0001 said:
Still pending, never anything else.

Thats really weird because the admissions lady said all decisions had been made....so im not sure what is still pending.

bigdogg said:
My sumerian type status page went from pending to forthcoming at some point late today. Can anyone give me the latest up to date analysis of what they think this means?

Cant wait for the answer to this one.

F NW if they dont want me, holla.

im in the same boat since yesterday....im guessing it means wait list/rejection

cubs08 said:
has anyone's page which was originally congrats to forthcoming changed back to congrats yet!?!

Hey everyone, best of luck with all this status page madness. I was lucky enough to be accepted in November and my status page still says congrats... I haven't been checking it daily, so I do not know if it switched from congrats to forthcoming and back to congrats, but as of now it has the same congrats message that it did when I was accepted. Hope this helps.

Good luck everyone!

Looking forward to seeing you at Second Look and Orientation...

"A final decision is forthcoming" :(

Oh well. I would have very likely have chosen Michigan anyway, but I would have had fun in Chicago at the 2nd look weekend! :D

For any who are still waiting for an update :scared: , I called the office at the end of the day today and was told that all acceptances would be up on the web by tomorrow, and that the letters had been mailed today.

cubs08 said:

cubs,

mine hasnt changed back yet either. I am a little worried but i also called twice yesterday and she told me that if it originally said congrats then that is still the case and that it should be changed later that day. It didnt! so at this point, i am waiting for the mail. if that thing says anything less than congrats, then "Houston, NW will have a problem"

-pretty

prettymd05 said:
cubs,

mine hasnt changed back yet either. I am a little worried but i also called twice yesterday and she told me that if it originally said congrats then that is still the case and that it should be changed later that day. It didnt! so at this point, i am waiting for the mail. if that thing says anything less than congrats, then "Houston, NW will have a problem"

-pretty

i'll carry the torch and you carry the pitch fork pretty! mine still hasn't changed either - and i have friend who also got in on this cycle and his hasn't changed back either - so i'm still convincing myself that everything is ok (albeit shaking nervously in a corner until i get paper mail). all in all, i think we're ok pretty - anyone else in our pickle please feel free to chime in so we know we aren't the only ones!

Mee too! Congrats to forthcoming, and it still hasn't changed back. But I'm sure it will be fine.

Still pending...

keg said:
Still pending...

That's really weird...I think we are all just going to have to wait for the letter.

SailCrazy said:
For any who are still waiting for an update :scared: , I called the office at the end of the day today and was told that all acceptances would be up on the web by tomorrow, and that the letters had been mailed today.
I'm awfully skeptical of that. I would think that more than a half dozen or a dozen people would be posting that they were in if that was the case. I'm also just saying that to give myself some hope.

I was rejected in early November and mine says "Application Status for TimmyTheWonderD: Your Supplemental Application and application fee were received August 15, 2005. All letters of recommendation were received August 16, 2005. Your application is complete and still under review. This information is updated daily."

HA! :laugh:

Just to let you guys know that you're not alone--I also got the acceptance page on Thursday and now it's "forthcoming." I've been anxiously checking the status page to see if it's changed back, but no luck so far. Doesn't admissions realize what torture this is? Couldn't they send out an email to everyone who was accepted just to reassure us in light of this technical glitch? Here's hoping we get confirmation tomorrow.

Sooo, my page is saying that a message is 'forthcoming', up from 'pending'. Should I just forget everything?

I think an outright acceptance may be out of our forthcoming reach, but I am going to wait until I get my letter.