Not Accepted Yet (NAY) thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got another WL last Friday.

This brings the total to...

2 Rejections
3 Waitlists
1 Unknown (either WL or rejection)

I'm thinking it's about time to start looking for a job for after I graduate...

:(

Members don't see this ad.

Sigh. 4 interviews...

2 Waitlists
1 Hold for Decision
1 Unknown

Please, schools, won't just one of you accept me...?

Sigh. 4 interviews...

2 Waitlists
1 Hold for Decision
1 Unknown

Please, schools, won't just one of you accept me...?

Welcome to the club! :)

I bet we'll all get in though, it just takes time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh hai, long time qualifyer, first time poster to the NAY club.

4 interviews: 2 rejections, 1 WL, 1 pending decision.

But the pending was such a horrible fit I learned on interview day, I'll probably withdraw it very soon.

Started making re-application plans today. For my third cycle. Sigh...

No acceptance yet as well.
How are all of us decent stat(3.6+ 30 mcat+) people not getting acceptance anywhere? I had no idea it would be this difficult...

Got another WL last Friday.

This brings the total to...

2 Rejections
3 Waitlists
1 Unknown (either WL or rejection)

I'm thinking it's about time to start looking for a job for after I graduate...

:(

Yeah, I'm up to 3 WLs and 1 more interview to go. What's the current record for most waitlists w/o acceptance? EpicBearMan's at 5.

My next interview at MCW is for waitlist only, and UVm initially puts all OOS apps on the waitlist (atleast for a few days).

I'm going for 7 here guys. I can has world record?

Edit: I found out im on the top 3rd of my state school WL, where the entire top third historically gets in every year, so I'm feeling a bit better about the waitlist collection now.

Don't get ahead of yourself buddy! I'm on 5 WL and still waiting to hear from 3 schools.

This is the worst contest I have ever been in. :(

challenge-accepted.png

I found out im on the top 3rd of my state school WL, where the entire top third historically gets in every year, so I'm feeling a bit better about the waitlist collection now.

This is exactly the case with me. While the situation seems bad, I'm also in the top third of the waitlist at my state school.

For many years straight, the entire top third has been accepted at this particular school.

2 rejections, 1 waitlist, 1 pending decision.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any other NAYs on their second cycle? Or is everyone else on their first?

^^^^ first cycle

2 waitlists here

getting ready to go study for the MCAT again!@!@!!@:barf::barf:

2nd cycle through

1 waitlist
1 pending

Might as well join the club. 4 interviews, 2 post-interview waitlists, 2 waiting to hear back. So far no acceptances.

I'm still a part of this group, unfortunately. 8 interviews, four waitlists, waiting on four other decisions.

edit: Just checked my mail and I got my 5th waitlist, so I'm declaring my candidacy for President of Waitlists. This is the second WL from a top 5 school this week.

You know how at some schools, during interview day, the admissions staff gives you a little pep talk where they say something like 98% of applicants who interview at that school end up getting in somewhere. Yeah, I'm part of that 2%.

Last edited:
1 interview, 1 waitlist. Next year, I'm applying a tad more broadly.

BTW- Wermz, your avatar simultaneously cracks me up and leaves me fearing nightmares later. It's Four Loco for the eyes.

I'm preparing an epic game plan for this year if I end up having to apply again. Third time better be a charm if it has to happen...

I'm preparing an epic game plan for this year if I end up having to apply again. Third time better be a charm if it has to happen...

Public health school seems mighty attractive relative to going through this soul-crushing process another time.

Well, today was a crusher for me.

1 rejection 1 waitlist and still one more interview in 2 weeks.

I'm debating whether or not I even wanna do it again this next cycle. 2 years off is a long time to not be in school though
I don't wanna take the MCAT again :p but I'm willing to bet that's why I didn't get more interviews (that and applying late). Funny how everyone talks about breaking the 30 bar. I broke it and still ended up here. Lame.

Edit: just for giggles, AMCAS data said with my gpa and mcat, I had an 86% chance of getting in somewhere. I guess someone had to be apart of that 14% :p

I'm still a part of this group, unfortunately. 8 interviews, four waitlists, waiting on four other decisions.

edit: Just checked my mail and I got my 5th waitlist, so I'm declaring my candidacy for President of Waitlists. This is the second WL from a top 5 school this week.

You know how at some schools, during interview day, the admissions staff gives you a little pep talk where they say something like 98% of applicants who interview at that school end up getting in somewhere. Yeah, I'm part of that 2%.

16-challenger.jpg

The race for President of Waitlists is getting pretty intense! There are three of us tied at 5 now..

2 Rejections, 2 Waitlists

Its been a sucky week. Its a brutal process...

*phew* At least I was accepted to my backup plan. I still have my fingers crossed for making it off at least one of the wait lists I am currently on though.

7 here!! Perhaps I suck at interviews, my guess is that my lack of sucking up with letters of interest/update/thank yous had something to do with it. Accepted at other schools early on where I kissed ass with thank yous/updates. Summary: process is soooooooooo LAME and being persistent instead of being a good candidate will get you in. Bah Humbug!

my guess is that my lack of sucking up with letters of interest/update/thank yous had something to do with it.

funny thing - the schools i was accepted to were the ones i didn't write any thank you cards to

7 here!! Perhaps I suck at interviews, my guess is that my lack of sucking up with letters of interest/update/thank yous had something to do with it. Accepted at other schools early on where I kissed ass with thank yous/updates. Summary: process is soooooooooo LAME and being persistent instead of being a good candidate will get you in. Bah Humbug!

but you have been accepted!

edit: taken out b4 ban

but AriGoldGTFO.gif

Last edited:
^^ dude you should change that pic even though i completely agree with the message

funny thing - the schools i was accepted to were the ones i didn't write any thank you cards to

Whew, glad to know this. I haven't sent any since it's not in my personality to suck up hardcore.

Updates, LOIs I can see making a slight difference.

But if thank you notes were a dealbreaker, then I'd lose so much faith in academics.

1st Cycle- 0 interviews
2nd Cycle - 5 interviews: 1 rejection, 4 decisions pending, 0 acceptances.

I am hoping that there won't have to be a 3rd cycle, but I am starting to prepare myself for it though.

EpicBearMan, your stats are close to mine and I am seriously afraid of starting the application process this year. I checked out your mdapps profile and I have a 4.0 too with about the same extracurriculars, and I'm from missouri. Haven't taken the MCAT yet, but I expect to do pretty well in VR and alright in BS and PS.

You all have such good stats, I wish you the best of luck on getting in this cycle.

3 interviews: 2 decisions pending, 1 WL =/

best luck to everyone through this long process.. hopefully we'll all hear good news soon, and the NAYs will go extinct :p

EpicBearMan, your stats are close to mine and I am seriously afraid of starting the application process this year. I checked out your mdapps profile and I have a 4.0 too with about the same extracurriculars, and I'm from missouri. Haven't taken the MCAT yet, but I expect to do pretty well in VR and alright in BS and PS.

You all have such good stats, I wish you the best of luck on getting in this cycle.

If your ECs are kinda thin like mine, make sure that you apply as early as possible, and try to get some last minute non-medical community service in if you don't have it. I'd say apply to a broad range of schools too. I made the mistake of not completing applications at a handful of schools because I thought I didn't have enough of various things to fit their profile. It's impossible to predict what schools will be interested in you. For example, I was interviewed and WL at Pitt but rejected pre-interview at Saint Louis U. I would have predicted the exact opposite. Fill out all the apps you can afford as quickly as you can. Write the optional essays on those secondaries.

This is what I would say to myself a year ago if I had a time machine. Best of luck with the year you've got ahead of you!

God damn I am so freakin nervous. I'm sitting on a ton of waitlists at reach schools that have little waitlist movement. fml

time to join the club. i did 4 interviews. 2 waitlists (but one has very little movement.. might as well call it a rejection) and waiting to hear back from 2 in a month. sigh. this is my 1st cycle and i'm applying a year early, so i guess my situation's not that bad...

I'm now up to six waitlists :( :( :*(

Updated: 3 WL 1 pending...:(

Any of y'all starting to think about retaking the mcat? Uuugh

If your ECs are kinda thin like mine, make sure that you apply as early as possible, and try to get some last minute non-medical community service in if you don't have it. I'd say apply to a broad range of schools too. I made the mistake of not completing applications at a handful of schools because I thought I didn't have enough of various things to fit their profile. It's impossible to predict what schools will be interested in you. For example, I was interviewed and WL at Pitt but rejected pre-interview at Saint Louis U. I would have predicted the exact opposite. Fill out all the apps you can afford as quickly as you can. Write the optional essays on those secondaries.

This is what I would say to myself a year ago if I had a time machine. Best of luck with the year you've got ahead of you!

EpicBearMan, I have a friend who had the same GPA and a low 30's MCAT. He was waitlisted at Case and got off the waitlist with about 3 weeks left until the year started. Granted it was late, but I think Case has good movement on their waitlist. Good luck!

I'm sure at least one of the wait lists will come through for you. Probably your state school.

Good luck! :luck:

Thanks for the advice. I am getting in some last-minute volunteer activities and shadowing. Hopefully everything goes well... this is such a crazy process.

Hang in there guys, I was in your boat not long ago.

Applied to 7 schools, 3 interviews, 2 waitlists, accepted in May.

Now, I'm about to graduate after matching at my #2 choice in a very competitive residency.

You know what is a most fun fact? Some of us could very well pay and submit AMCAS for reapplication June 1 then come off a waitlist afterward, thereby wasting a cool thou or so.

Not that coming off a waitlist wouldn't be the greatest news ever, but still.

So even more positive thoughts for lightning fast post-15th movement for all of us!!!:xf:

The competition for the prestigious title of "President of Waitlists" is getting incredibly intense up in here! I'm starting to fall behind in the race.. :(

I propose that whomever gets the most waitlists before an acceptance proudly wears the title as a badge beneath their SDN username.