Not sure what to do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

betrayalist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. So I'm finishing my undergraduate career in the spring of 2015 as a biology major. My plan these years what to apply to medical school at around this time, but things have been looking grim. I have a GPA of about 2.8 and recently received an MCAT score of 23 (BS-10, V-4, PS-9). My extracurriculars include about 150 hours of research volunteering at my local hospital and membership in a few clubs. I have highly considered not to apply to any medical schools, but I am not sure what to do in the coming years. I have considered retaking the MCAT in the spring to apply to get in for 2016 or entering a 2-year post-baccalaurate program and then applying at the end of that. Any suggestions or recommendations would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

To be honest you have slim to no chance of getting in with your current app. Do you have any clinical volunteering? Non clinical volunteering? Shadowing? You should retake classes you got a c or lower in, as well as the mcat, and you might have a shot at DO next cycle. As of now you ECs are pretty weak, as are your stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.