Nova class 2017 admissions forum

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know the average time it takes between your interview and your acceptance/rejection letter/phonecall? I interviewed on November 30th and freaking out a little bit.

I received my acceptance call 12 days after my interview. I wouldn't worry too much. It is all dependent on when the admissions committee meets. Good luck! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I received my acceptance call 12 days after my interview. I wouldn't worry too much. It is all dependent on when the admissions committee meets. Good luck! :)

Thank you! Hopefully I hear back this week :confused:

I think you fall into the December committee review. I had my interview on December 3. They review the applications for the whole month and I think the interviews from late November roll over into the December considerations. They had the committee review last friday to review the December interviews and this week is when they will supposedly be calling everyone based on the decisions from Friday. I've been here at work processing claims and staring at my cell phone since yesterday... lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when they're sending out acceptance letter? I'm anxious :xf:

Can I just say how extremely helpful and amazing Jeff is?! He is one of the admissions counselors from NSU and is so super nice and informative. He is definitely a reflection of the school itself and how great and supportive the faculty is. :thumbup:

Hey jigsh..did u apply for internaional pharm.D?
If yes, whats your status..? I applied too and got an interview call..?
From where did you complete your bachelor's?..
lemme know..:thumbup:

Yes I had applied for international pharm d.

I did not get an interview call. How did you get interview call, phone or email?

Did you get admission ? I have completed from belgaum, Karnataka ?

Thanks

Is anyone applying to Ponce site? If so, what are your stats :/ ?

Yes I had applied for international pharm d.

I did not get an interview call. How did you get interview call, phone or email?

Did you get admission ? I have completed from belgaum, Karnataka ?

Thanks[/

They emailed me the interview call letter. I haven't got acceptance yet, they have classified me as an alternate candidate as in the waiting list.

I am a little confused on where to report for my interview on Thursday and am hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. Do I report to building 19E (HDP Admissions)? If so, where exactly do I go from there (i.e. room/floor number)? I know some people complained about getting lost on interview day so I want to make sure I know exactly how to get around.

Thanks in advance!

Can I just say how extremely helpful and amazing Jeff is?! He is one of the admissions counselors from NSU and is so super nice and informative. He is definitely a reflection of the school itself and how great and supportive the faculty is. :thumbup:

Congrats! I passed the committee but the dean asked for my last semester grades. Since i dropped Micro in the beginning of the semester, Jeff asked me to retake the PCAT before he shows my file again to the dean. My exam is tomorrow. Lets hope for the best!

I am a little confused on where to report for my interview on Thursday and am hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. Do I report to building 19E (HDP Admissions)? If so, where exactly do I go from there (i.e. room/floor number)? I know some people complained about getting lost on interview day so I want to make sure I know exactly how to get around.

Thanks in advance!

Take university until you get to the street that says Nova Southestern. When you turn it, its the building to the left. The parking garage is next to it. WHen you get in the building, the area is to the right on the first floor. You cant miss it! Good Luck!

Take university until you get to the street that says Nova Southestern. When you turn it, its the building to the left. The parking garage is next to it. WHen you get in the building, the area is to the right on the first floor. You cant miss it! Good Luck!

Thank You! And best of luck to you on the PCAT!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Done! Now the waiting game begins. The interview was not stressful (now that it is over with I can say that…haha). The interviewers did not give me a hard time about my subpar grades, which I thought they would. They were actually very nice and pleasant to talk to. I think I did well and explained myself fully, but felt the interview was rather short. I was shocked when they asked me if I had any questions for them…I thought the interview was just getting started. Soooo, maybe it didn’t go that great :/

Good Luck!

Done! Now the waiting game begins. The interview was not stressful (now that it is over with I can say that…haha). The interviewers did not give me a hard time about my subpar grades, which I thought they would. They were actually very nice and pleasant to talk to. I think I did well and explained myself fully, but felt the interview was rather short. I was shocked when they asked me if I had any questions for them…I thought the interview was just getting started. Soooo, maybe it didn’t go that great :/

Good Luck!

I tanked the second PCAT... I only had 2 weeks to prep so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I'm waiting to hear from Jeff he hasn't replied to my calls or emails as of yet. I'm guessing because they have a lot of interviews this month.

You'll get your call at the end of the month, that's when the committee reviews all the interviews of the month and make their decisions. Best of luck!

Congrats! I passed the committee but the dean asked for my last semester grades. Since i dropped Micro in the beginning of the semester, Jeff asked me to retake the PCAT before he shows my file again to the dean. My exam is tomorrow. Lets hope for the best!

Good Luck!!!

Well, from my understanding the committee will be meeting tomorrow (25th) to finalize all the January interviews (although I know some people already got their acceptances...congrats!). For the rest of us, I hope it works out if NOVA is your 1st choice. Please keep posting and let us know (good or bad) what the outcome is and I will most certainly do the same.

GL!

I had my interview last week and got an acceptance call from Jeff the next morning!! Not a morning person, but best wake up call ever!!

I interviewed Jan 10th and still haven't heard anything. :/ not sure if that really means anything though. I guess I only need one school to say yes!

I have 3.8 gpa, have a bachelor's degree in Biomedical Sciences and minor in Biophysics. I did not do so well on the PCAT 58 ( fist time). Also, had volunteering and shadowing experiences. I don't know if it mattered but I'm also manage a restaurant.

Hey if you're accepted already is it fine to drop a non pre-req course???

Accepted! woot woot!

Interviewed 1/10
Accepted 1/31

I just received an interview invite for the Palm Beach campus on 2/21!

Congrats 2017pharm! If you don't mind could you share your stats with us? Also when did you e-submit pharmCAS and your supplemental, and what confirmation emails did you receive before the interview invite? Thanks!

hi there. I got accepted into west palm beach campus.
the interview was easy-going so dont be nervous.
if you are applying other schools as well, be prepared cuz' theyll ask if you still want NOVA.

GOOD LUCK:soexcited:

hi there. I got accepted into west palm beach campus.
the interview was easy-going so dont be nervous.
if you are applying other schools as well, be prepared cuz' theyll ask if you still want NOVA.

GOOD LUCK:soexcited:

when did you interview? I interviewed at west palm beach campus on 2/1 and still haven't heard anything....

Has anyone heard from the school lately?? Interviewed 2/1 and still waiting to hear from them..

^I've been wondering the same thing recently. I've put in my application in December took the PCAT January and the last thing that I've heard from them was that my PharmCAS was complete last month.

Congrats 2017pharm! If you don't mind could you share your stats with us? Also when did you e-submit pharmCAS and your supplemental, and what confirmation emails did you receive before the interview invite? Thanks!

My stats are 3.86 GPA and 81 PCAT. I'm finishing up my bachelor's in molecular biology. I applied 12/6/12, received supplemental link 12/7/12, received email for document's received conformation 12/11/12, interview invite 2/11/12, and interviewed yesterday 2/21/12. I hope this helps. Best of luck!

Has anyone heard from the school lately?? Interviewed 2/1 and still waiting to hear from them..

They told us yesterday during the interview that the admissions committee met last Friday, and they'll be meeting again next friday, so you should hear something soon.

They told us yesterday during the interview that the admissions committee met last Friday, and they'll be meeting again next friday, so you should hear something soon.

Oh ok. Thanks for the info!

I'm Interviewing on Frid March 15 9am for Palm Beach location. Anybody else interviewing that day?

Interviewed on 2/11 and got accepted on 2/26! Like someone said, Jeff called and gave me the best wake up call! :D

Got the email for my interview today. Will be interviewed on 3/15. Any advice from those who have already gone through the interview process?

has anyone that has been accepted received an acceptance email?

i only got a wake up call from jeff :)

Congrats on that wake up call. Which campus did you get into?

Didn't get a phone call but received an acceptance email this morning!!