Nova Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I know it's not the most affordable option, but I rented a car. They have public transportation, taxis, and ride share apps there as well. I just didn't want to rely on another person/driver to get me to my interview, if that makes sense.
Thank you for the advice!! I really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Great!! Thank you so much! Is there a hotel you specifically would recommend that isn't too expensive? I am coming the day before and would like it to be somewhat close to campus. I see that they have a list but I figured you might know better! Thanks for the help :)
Hi, three are very close to the University Dr. Extended stay, Holiday inn and woodspring suites , all three rooms are really basic according to what I heard but for the purpose they are good, affordable and within a mile distance.

Hi, three are very close to the University Dr. Extended stay, Holiday inn and woodspring suites , all three rooms are really basic according to what I heard but for the purpose they are good, affordable and within a mile distance.
thank you so much!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
To those who have interviewed already:

When does the interview day end? I am trying to figure out scheduling/flights since I'll be flying all the way from the West Coast.

Thanks!

When does the interview day end? I am trying to figure out scheduling/flights since I'll be flying all the way from the West Coast.

Thanks!
Hi, starts at 11:30 AM. I finished at 1:30 PM but it could go all the way until 5:00 Pm.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, I just received an invitation to interview at NOVA. Does anyone have any advice before I interview? I scheduled my interview for 9/22

Reactions: 1 users
Hi all, I received an interview invitation today as well but the email says to pick the time slot at 11AM. However, it looks like all interview slots are at 11:30AM. Just wanted to check if those who already interviewed experienced the same thing when scheduling your slot? Thanks!

Hi all, I received an interview invitation today as well but the email says to pick the time slot at 11AM. However, it looks like all interview slots are at 11:30AM. Just wanted to check if those who already interviewed experienced the same thing when scheduling your slot? Thanks!
That's normal

Interview #3
School: NSU
Notification date: 09/08
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/13
Application complete date: 7/13
GPA (science, overall): 3.45, 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/none
Dates available: all of October and first week of November
Method of interview: in-person

Thanks!

I was the last to interview on my day and I got done at 4pm.

When did you submit your application?

Members don't see this ad :)
What was your interview experience like? As in the vibe and how you felt overall? Thanks!

I loved it. Everybody there was great and very nice. Pretty chill interview from my experience. Have fun, good luck!

Interview #1
Notification date: 09/08
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/30
Application complete date: 7/19
GPA (science, overall): 3.86
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/25/21/none
Dates available: earliest october 12th until 1st week of Nov

Interview #1
School: Nova Southeastern
Notification date: 9/8
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/20
Application complete date: 07/29
GPA (science, overall): 3.35, 3.28
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/20/18/None
Method of interview: In-Person

Interview #3
School: Nova
Notification date: 8/31
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/3
Application complete date: 7/9
GPA (science, overall): 3.79; 3.87
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/18/24/No
Dates available: 9/15 and 9/22

The day starts at 11:30 for everyone because you get the opportunity to see the facility/clinic, meet the student ambassadors and also meet the assistant dean. Then at 1:30 is when you will start individual interviews where they will be calling randomly by members of the committee. From there, the time you will finish all depends when they call you to interview.

Hi, I just received an invitation to interview at NOVA. Does anyone have any advice before I interview? I scheduled my interview for 9/22
Just relax and dont prepare answers. They want to get to know you and see if your personality is a good fit for the program. They have a very friendly and caring environment and want to keep it that way. You can tell as soon as you step on the campus.

What was your interview experience like? As in the vibe and how you felt overall? Thanks!
The overall experience is very friendly and welcoming. You get to see the clinics, sim lab and overall facility.

Interview #1
School: Nova Southeastern University
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/29
Application complete date: 8/4
GPA (science, overall): 3.10; 3.40
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/18/23/None
Dates available: Many dates in October and beginning of November (I chose October 22.)

Interview is super chill! Don’t stress. It’s not interrogation style but more conversational. Mine lasted I think 20 minutes. Easiest interview so far.

Reactions: 3 users
Just relax and dont prepare answers. They want to get to know you and see if your personality is a good fit for the program. They have a very friendly and caring environment and want to keep it that way. You can tell as soon as you step on the campus.
Good to know. Thank you!

Hello everyone! I was wondering if Nova had a closed file interview or open file interview! Also my interview is coming up.. and I see a lot of people saying that don't prepare for the interview, and I was wondering what type of questions are "conversational"! :) Thank you in advance!

Hello everyone! I was wondering if Nova had a closed file interview or open file interview! Also my interview is coming up.. and I see a lot of people saying that don't prepare for the interview, and I was wondering what type of questions are "conversational"! :) Thank you in advance!

Open file

Interview #2
Notification date: 9/14
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/26
Application complete date: 8/24
GPA (science, overall): 3.18 3.25
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/22/NO
Dates available: November and December weekdays

Interview #3
School: Nova Southeastern University
Notification date: 9/14
Residency: International- Canadian
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/10
Application complete date: 8/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.90; 3.40
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/26/23/19/None
Dates available: Many dates in November and December

Open File. And by conversational I mean not relating to dentistry. I got asked if I prefer Disney or Universal since I am from Orlando! lol

Interview #1
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/25
Application complete date: 7/28
GPA (science, overall): 3.3, 3.51
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/19/19/Yes- QR
Dates available: W,T,F starting Oct. 21

Did anyone receive instructions such as the building/schedule before their interview? I only received the email with how to register my license plate

Just finished my interview yesterday, it went well and was very relaxed! Mine lasted around 20 minutes and spent most of the time talking about my hobbies and interests. Definitely more conversational, so no need to stress too much. The most typical interview question they asked was why I came to Nova as a Canadian applicant. Everything else was chill and smooth sailing, so overall it was a great experience! Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 2 users
Just finished my interview yesterday, it went well and was very relaxed! Mine lasted around 20 minutes and spent most of the time talking about my hobbies and interests. Definitely more conversational, so no need to stress too much. The most typical interview question they asked was why I came to Nova as a Canadian applicant. Everything else was chill and smooth sailing, so overall it was a great experience! Good luck everyone :)
Thank you for sharing your experience! So glad everything went smooth for you. Would you say that the questions asked were follow ups of what you've answered? Like would you say you're able to gear your int in a certain direction at Nova? Bc I know for some other schools they have a set of questions so you aren't able to go into other aspects of your app and have to stay on track w their questions. Thank you!

Can someone who has already been interviewed tell me the names of the people conducting the interviews?

Hi everyone! Did anyone else receive a phone call to confirm their status? I submitted my supplemental on Friday and received the call today!

Hi everyone! Did anyone else receive a phone call to confirm their status? I submitted my supplemental on Friday and received the call today!
Yup! I also received a phone call from the office to confirm once my app was complete

Interview #2
Notification date: 9/30
AADSAS mail-out date: 9/3
Application complete date: 9/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.1, 3.3 (masters): 3.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/19/22/21/no
Dates available: Dec. 8
Method of interview: In-person

did anyone who interviewed receive the health professions fair email? i already interviewed there and received an email about a health care exploration fair. im worried this is a bad sign. did anyone else who interviewed also receive it?

did anyone who interviewed receive the health professions fair email? i already interviewed there and received an email about a health care exploration fair. im worried this is a bad sign. did anyone else who interviewed also receive it?
I'm interviewing next week and received that email as well

I interviewed already but haven’t received any emails from them

I'm interviewing in a couple of weeks and I got that email. It's just a marketing email that everyone who applied gets. It got directed to my spam folder lol. I wouldn't worry about it or overthink it! :)

Does anyone happen to know the name of the faculty members that'll be interviewing candidates?

Interview #1
Notification date: 09/22
AADSAS mail-out date: 8/5
Application complete date: 8/5
GPA: 3.2 (undergrad), 3.8 (masters)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/21/19/16 yes, reading
Dates available: all of December

Does anyone happen to know the name of the faculty members that'll be interviewing candidates?
honestly the faculty members changes every day but dr. galka (dean) will always be one of the interview ppl

hi! for those who have interviewed already, does the "number in group" that's in the confirmation email represent the order at which you will be interviewed? or does it just say 1 for everyone else as well? thanks in advance :)

hi! for those who have interviewed already, does the "number in group" that's in the confirmation email represent the order at which you will be interviewed? or does it just say 1 for everyone else as well? thanks in advance :)
Hey! No the number doesn't indicate the order in which you'll be interviewed. They actually don't let you know bc you'll just be called in by your interviewer.

Hey! No the number doesn't indicate the order in which you'll be interviewed. They actually don't let you know bc you'll just be called in by your interviewer.
thanks so much for your response - really appreciate it! :)

For those who interviewed: is your aadsas portal still invited for interview?