You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Nova Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread
Started by artist2022
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Calvin said next round of acceptances is February 16th or 17th.
I thought the students are given 30 days to accept from January 18th which was the last acceptance round? Should be exactly on February 17th but wouldn’t admissions need time to reconvene?Calvin said next round of acceptances is February 16th or 17th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pekkton817
New Member
Just got an email. Waitlisted! :/
toothqueen98
Full Member
Anyone interview predecember and receive a call today?
Anyone interview predecember and receive a call today?
^^
toothqueen98
Full Member
Girl!! you and me have been waiting for so long 😅😅
Girl!! you and me have been waiting for so long [emoji28][emoji28]
Bahahaha you’re not wrong [emoji24]
It should be like an update of what activities you’ve been upto of late. Any new shadowing or DA hours added. Some new extra curricular activities etc.Do we send updates to Calvin or Dr. Galka. & what exactly do we say in these follow up emails after sending a letter of intent?
all they are gonna say is, this has been added to your file or will be informed to the admissions committee.
Idk what their selection criteria is!! I guess they prefer IS students only.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone get accepted?
toothqueen98
Full Member
I don’t think soDid anyone get accepted?
Do I need to send my letter of intent to Calvin as well as Dr. Galka? Does Nova has a separate dental admission email?
One of my friends didn't get an email but their status changed on the portal from "invited to interview" to "waitlist" yesterday.
I sent it to both Dr. Galka and Calvin.Do I need to send my letter of intent to Calvin as well as Dr. Galka? Does Nova has a separate dental admission email?
Yeah they waitlisted few more yest. But so far no news of acceptances. I guess they’ll see how many commit to them on 1st march then send the next round of acceptances on March 3rdOne of my friends didn't get an email but their status changed on the portal from "invited to interview" to "waitlist" yesterday.
toothqueen98
Full Member
Anybody knows if the class currently full ?
toothqueen98
Full Member
Thank you! He told me the sameI talked to Calvin and he said acceptances might take place anytime after march 5th.
toothqueen98
Full Member
When is the due date for your deposit ?Giving up my seat this week. Good luck to all of you waiting from waitlist.
Clavin said 15th.When is the due date for your deposit ?
3/15 but AADSAS has sent notice to all schools if you are holding more than one seat to a school so everyone needs to make a decision by 3/15When is the due date for your deposit ?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does that mean that if you are already accepted into a school you have a lower chance of getting off the waitlist?3/15 but AADSAS has sent notice to all schools if you are holding more than one seat to a school so everyone needs to make a decision by 3/15
not sure if schools you are on waitlist have that information. I think if you are accepted to more then one school that those schools just get your name on a list that you have more than one offer.Does that mean that if you are already accepted into a school you have a lower chance of getting off the waitlist?
R u sure? Because when i emailed him, he replied saying the next round of acceptances will happen around March 16thI talked to Calvin and he said acceptances might take place anytime after march 5th.
He probably told you 3/16 because second deposits are due on 3/15 for admitted students from DecemberR u sure? Because when i emailed him, he replied saying the next round of acceptances will happen around March 16th
toothqueen98
Full Member
He replied the same to me, he said next round will happens sometime on or after march 5thR u sure? Because when i emailed him, he replied saying the next round of acceptances will happen around March 16th
Hello everyone, I wanted to clarify some details and give some hope.
1. Letters of intent should be sent to Dr. Galka and CC to Calvin Mendez.
2. copy to Calvin in everything
3. Just because you send one letter, doesn't mean you will get noticed. It takes communicating, updating, reintating your intent if they called and you didn't receive one-I would reinstate my intent ( short email again copy Calvin, the very next day)
4. After March 15th ( Around that) applicants can not hold more than one school so I would make all contact possible before that day so your name pop up as interested and not only by a simple letter that a thousand of you are sending by now.
5. If you live close by, don’t be afraid to pass by and show your face. Have a meeting with Dr. Galka so she can go over your file and see how you can stand out. This are just some ideas. Your will and determination are the one that will make the difference in between I wish and I will.
Sorry by responding at this time, I have 2 finals this week, one final and a restoration exam next week and I don’t even know how many the following………I will survive 😭😂
1. Letters of intent should be sent to Dr. Galka and CC to Calvin Mendez.
2. copy to Calvin in everything
3. Just because you send one letter, doesn't mean you will get noticed. It takes communicating, updating, reintating your intent if they called and you didn't receive one-I would reinstate my intent ( short email again copy Calvin, the very next day)
4. After March 15th ( Around that) applicants can not hold more than one school so I would make all contact possible before that day so your name pop up as interested and not only by a simple letter that a thousand of you are sending by now.
5. If you live close by, don’t be afraid to pass by and show your face. Have a meeting with Dr. Galka so she can go over your file and see how you can stand out. This are just some ideas. Your will and determination are the one that will make the difference in between I wish and I will.
Sorry by responding at this time, I have 2 finals this week, one final and a restoration exam next week and I don’t even know how many the following………I will survive 😭😂
Last edited:
Has anyone tried calling them and ask for the weaknesses in their application?
Considering this is the case, has anyone heard about an acceptance/rejection then yet?He replied the same to me, he said next round will happens sometime on or after march 5th
I just got a call at 3:00 PM EST!!
I got a call too at 3pm est!
Anyone knows how much the deposit is? Cause I have not received their email yet!
I just got a call at 3:00 PM EST!!
did your status change on adea aadsas?
not yet. I am still waiting for their emaildid your status change on adea aadsas?
It hasn't changed for me either.
toothqueen98
Full Member
Congrats!!! Can you tell us what you did to get off the waitlist?I got a call too at 3pm est!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
urfuturedentist1
New Member
I got a call !! did anyone who got a call get the acceptance email yet ?
urfuturedentist1
New Member
Letter of intentCongrats!!! Can you tell us what you did to get off the waitlist?
toothqueen98
Full Member
When did you send the letter? I sent a letter of intent back in January another one in FebruaryI got a call !! did anyone who got a call get the acceptance email yet ?
toothqueen98
Full Member
at what time did they called you?I got a call !! did anyone who got a call get the acceptance email yet ?
urfuturedentist1
New Member
around 3 pm estat what time did they called you?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K