Nova Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Congrats to everyone accepted yesterday!!! Can someone tell me what are other ways to shows interest after you sent a letter of intent?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to everyone accepted yesterday!!! Can someone tell me what are other ways to shows interest after you sent a letter of intent?

You can always send updates about every month showing how you are preparing yourself! Also how interested you still are

how soon after you interview should you send a letter of intent? Should I wait until a decision has been made or should I do it earlier?

Members don't see this ad :)
Calvin said next round of acceptances is February 16th or 17th.

Reactions: 3 users
Calvin said next round of acceptances is February 16th or 17th.
I thought the students are given 30 days to accept from January 18th which was the last acceptance round? Should be exactly on February 17th but wouldn’t admissions need time to reconvene?

I know March 15th second deposit is due from 1st round of acceptances

Has anyone heard back from nova today?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we send updates to Calvin or Dr. Galka. & what exactly do we say in these follow up emails after sending a letter of intent?

Do we send updates to Calvin or Dr. Galka. & what exactly do we say in these follow up emails after sending a letter of intent?
It should be like an update of what activities you’ve been upto of late. Any new shadowing or DA hours added. Some new extra curricular activities etc.
all they are gonna say is, this has been added to your file or will be informed to the admissions committee.
Idk what their selection criteria is!! I guess they prefer IS students only.

Calvin just informed me that the next round of acceptances will come out around or after March 3rd

Do I need to send my letter of intent to Calvin as well as Dr. Galka? Does Nova has a separate dental admission email?

One of my friends didn't get an email but their status changed on the portal from "invited to interview" to "waitlist" yesterday.

One of my friends didn't get an email but their status changed on the portal from "invited to interview" to "waitlist" yesterday.
Yeah they waitlisted few more yest. But so far no news of acceptances. I guess they’ll see how many commit to them on 1st march then send the next round of acceptances on March 3rd

2nd deposits not due till 3/15 for first round of acceptances from 12/15 So some might give up seats

I talked to Calvin and he said acceptances might take place anytime after march 5th.

Reactions: 4 users
Giving up my seat this week. Good luck to all of you waiting from waitlist.

3/15 but AADSAS has sent notice to all schools if you are holding more than one seat to a school so everyone needs to make a decision by 3/15
Does that mean that if you are already accepted into a school you have a lower chance of getting off the waitlist?

Does that mean that if you are already accepted into a school you have a lower chance of getting off the waitlist?
not sure if schools you are on waitlist have that information. I think if you are accepted to more then one school that those schools just get your name on a list that you have more than one offer.

I talked to Calvin and he said acceptances might take place anytime after march 5th.
R u sure? Because when i emailed him, he replied saying the next round of acceptances will happen around March 16th

R u sure? Because when i emailed him, he replied saying the next round of acceptances will happen around March 16th
He probably told you 3/16 because second deposits are due on 3/15 for admitted students from December

He replied the same to me, he said next round will happens sometime on or after march 5th

Hello everyone, I wanted to clarify some details and give some hope.

1. Letters of intent should be sent to Dr. Galka and CC to Calvin Mendez.

2. copy to Calvin in everything

3. Just because you send one letter, doesn't mean you will get noticed. It takes communicating, updating, reintating your intent if they called and you didn't receive one-I would reinstate my intent ( short email again copy Calvin, the very next day)

4. After March 15th ( Around that) applicants can not hold more than one school so I would make all contact possible before that day so your name pop up as interested and not only by a simple letter that a thousand of you are sending by now.

5. If you live close by, don’t be afraid to pass by and show your face. Have a meeting with Dr. Galka so she can go over your file and see how you can stand out. This are just some ideas. Your will and determination are the one that will make the difference in between I wish and I will.

Sorry by responding at this time, I have 2 finals this week, one final and a restoration exam next week and I don’t even know how many the following………I will survive 😭😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone tried calling them and ask for the weaknesses in their application?