NOVA or BR for physics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msd848

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which of these books has more indepth information about physics? Has anybody tried both, which one is more adequate for mcat prep?

Members don't see this ad.

I have NOVA and am about 1/2 through it right now...

Its a great book and is very clear and to the point. The only chapter I still do not understand after a first run through is on 'Torque' but I didn't understand it in lecture either.

I am also using Nova. I have skipped around a bit, but I really like the explanations. It's quick and dirty, plus the end of chapter questions are great.

I can't say how it compares directly, but I can say that you won't go wrong if you opt for Nova physics.

Members don't see this ad :)
Which of these books has more indepth information about physics? Has anybody tried both, which one is more adequate for mcat prep?

I'm curious about Nova too. I'm wondering if it would be worth the money to get the Nova book. Any suggestions?

I'm going to be done with my BR physics books and their inclass packets pretty soon and might want to pick up another physics book just for the questions. The BR physics and general chemistry books are wonderful, so I don't need any review. I just need to get my hands on more problems, but ones on the same caliber as BR.

I have EK and don't like it very much for physics or general chemistry. The questions don't emphasize thinking enough and the explanations are too short to be helpful. The PR material at least has passages with their questions, but I keep hearing that the real MCAT is different from PR stuff. So far their physics material has seemed okay.