Nova Southeastern University Masters in BioMedical Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank You!

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks dna and ajhr. I am still learning how to use this site. It is supper confusing!

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone heard anything since interviews???? Waiting is the hardest part.:idea:

I also got an interview early April and waiting for a response, does anyone know anything knew as an update. The waiting is killing me... Also how much people are interviewed for the MBS program

I also got an interview early April and waiting for a response, does anyone know anything knew as an update. The waiting is killing me... Also how much people are interviewed for the MBS program

I dunno how many but my guess is that since they had 2 days a week with about 5 people each for about 5-6 weeks it would be about 50-60 people maybe? This is just a guess though. Hoping that my number is a little high... :)

I dunno how many but my guess is that since they had 2 days a week with about 5 people each for about 5-6 weeks it would be about 50-60 people maybe? This is just a guess though. Hoping that my number is a little high... :)

Nothing yet? Anyone?:xf:

Ditto. Though I did receive an email yesterday requesting unofficial transcripts from this semester for evaluation purposes... Shouldn't be too much longer guys and gals.

Ditto. Though I did receive an email yesterday requesting unofficial transcripts from this semester for evaluation purposes... Shouldn't be too much longer guys and gals.

Wow :thumbup: that sounds like you will be selected as long as your current grades are satisfactory :)

Lets hope so... As much as I'd be willing to teach for the next year, I'd rather continue as the student for the time being. :p

Members don't see this ad :)
If nova doesn't hurry I will have to accept Barry accelerated one year.... opinions on that choice anyone...?

If nova doesn't hurry I will have to accept Barry accelerated one year.... opinions on that choice anyone...?
I hear they are a great program too!! A lot of medical programs like the Barry program. Consider yourself lucky that you have another choice. :)

I know several of the One-year and 18-month students at Barry. Your best bet is the accelerated program, provided that you are not working or have other significant commitments. Overall, its a great program and since several of the courses are coupled with the podiatry school, you have a good chance to take some solid med-school level courses.

=( I don't want to sound desperate but it is tough to wait. I hope it doesn't take longer than next week for the results to reach us. Any one else has other schools they can fall back on?

i know lecom accepts late applicants (atleast they did last year) and its a solid program.

Congrats those who are accepted... did it come by email or phone call...

I was emailed by Dr. Dribin and told that I would receive official documentation within a few days... Presumably via USPS.

I was emailed by Dr. Dribin and told that I would receive official documentation within a few days... Presumably via USPS.
congrats!!! This is so exciting! the official comes in e-mail too!

I got accepted!!!!!!! :love:

Congrats =)!

I already paid my deposit at LMU but haven't heard anything from Nova. Any one else had other programs accept them aside from Barry?

Congrats guys! I received an acceptance today as well! So excited to get down there and meet everybody!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, congratulations to everyone who got in so far! I got my acceptance yesterday and already paid the $1,000 deposit. I got the e-mail regarding the acceptance, replying back, and how to pay the deposit, but does anyone know if we are getting anymore information formally? I don't think I have a Sharklink ID, NSU e-mail, or any information regarding the start of classes, what we need, where we need to get it, etc. I was also looking to apply for graduate housing. Anyone have any information concerning these issues?

I have only paid the first $500 and will pay the other $500 soon but, I dunno when we will be getting the sharklinkID or the NSU e-mail. I know that we need to get scrubs for next year but books and other things no idea. To be honest I think there are a bunch of notes that we will be getting from the university. Every time I see anyone study for their classes it is strait from the notes given. I have seen the graduate dorms and they are in a good place just across the street (university drive) from the health professions division so you could ride your bike or just drive. I hope that we will be getting information soon though. I hope this helps a little.

Do you think that we will have a orientation before classes start?

Yeah, I'll let you know if I hear anything regarding the SharklinkID, NSU e-mail, etc. I know we definitely need scrubs everyday and because there are so few of us attendance is mandatory. I want to apply for graduate housing across the street, but I'm not sure if we can yet. I looked at the NSU COM Class of '15 thread and it said Orientation was 8/7/11 and class starts on 8/8/11. That's all I really know as of this moment.

I saw something similar to this in the c/o 2015 dental facebook group. I'll probably aim to get down there sometime late July to get settled and all. Are you guys planning on living in NSU graduate housing or looking for a place to live off campus?

I saw something similar to this in the c/o 2015 dental facebook group. I'll probably aim to get down there sometime late July to get settled and all. Are you guys planning on living in NSU graduate housing or looking for a place to live off campus?

I going to be living about 4 miles away from campus with a friend. I will prob move there the last week of July also.

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!! I'm still waiting :xf: ...they asked for my unofficial grades last Friday so I'm hoping it will be soon

I live in Hollywood permanently, but I can't live at home haha. I definitely want to apply for housing at either Rolling Hills or Cameron Cove. I called NSU today and they said that I should be getting the PIN # for my NSU ID in about a week. Then you're supposedly able to create a Sharklink ID and password to be able to apply housing for anyone who's interested. Once the class fills up for the MBS program, Dr. Dribin told me she was going to start sending out all the information we would need for the Fall regarding orientation, classes, books, attire, etc.
Nice, I am soooo excited!!!

I really hope there is still space for me.... Haven't heard a thing. :smuggrin:

I really hope there is still space for me.... Haven't heard a thing. :smuggrin:

Well I'm assuming if someone is not accepted into the program they would also receive a message saying so....so I guess right now, no news is good news.

Let's stay positive and hope for the best. :thumbup:

I live in Hollywood permanently, but I can't live at home haha. I definitely want to apply for housing at either Rolling Hills or Cameron Cove. I called NSU today and they said that I should be getting the PIN # for my NSU ID in about a week. Then you're supposedly able to create a Sharklink ID and password to be able to apply housing for anyone who's interested. Once the class fills up for the MBS program, Dr. Dribin told me she was going to start sending out all the information we would need for the Fall regarding orientation, classes, books, attire, etc.

I was also thinking of applying for graduate housing at Rolling Hills at least for the first year I'm down there, it just makes sense to be on campus and close to everything. After the first year I think I will move off campus.

Did you ever get your NSU ID and Sharklink ID? And if you don't mind me asking what number did you call because I tried the one that is posted on the Sharklink website and they just told me that I won't get it until I am registered for classes.

I just got a letter regarding a Background Check. FYI for everyone, check your e-mail and fill out the online form ASAP (It said within 10 days of receiving the message). The letter also said I'd be shortly receiving information about the Orientation Website that would have Health and Immunization information that would be required as well.

I just got a letter regarding a Background Check. FYI for everyone, check your e-mail and fill out the online form ASAP (It said within 10 days of receiving the message). The letter also said I'd be shortly receiving information about the Orientation Website that would have Health and Immunization information that would be required as well.

do you think that means the seats are filled??

Wow the company that they have do the check is fast i already got my results back!

do you think that means the seats are filled??

I got this email as well and submitted for my background check yesterday. I don't think it means that seats are full though. The background check is for applicants who have paid all or part of their deposit and clearly intend on attending the program in the Fall. Pippy makes a good point though you should definitely call Dr. Dribin she should be able to tell you where you stand in regards to admission.

I got this email as well and submitted for my background check yesterday. I don't think it means that seats are full though. The background check is for applicants who have paid all or part of their deposit and clearly intend on attending the program in the Fall. Pippy makes a good point though you should definitely call Dr. Dribin she should be able to tell you where you stand in regards to admission.

yeah i emailed earlier today, hopefully i hear soon -___________-

I am on sharklink!!!!

Definitely a little jealous! They sent me my information for accessing webstar but when I tried to sign into sharklink/webmail with my id it told me that my login was failed. After calling the IT helpdesk I discovered that apparently my id won't be active for 7-10 business days. Oh well i guess if it not working by Tuesday I'll give them another call and see what the deal is.

Definitely a little jealous! They sent me my information for accessing webstar but when I tried to sign into sharklink/webmail with my id it told me that my login was failed. After calling the IT helpdesk I discovered that apparently my id won't be active for 7-10 business days. Oh well i guess if it not working by Tuesday I'll give them another call and see what the deal is.

you will know when it will be active because on your webstar you will have more links to click on than just financial aid.

I have a question, if you apply for 2 years, and take the same classes as medical students, if they accept you to medical school after the interview, do you have to retak those classes? or do you go to the third year since you did 2 years of same classes as a medical student? :/

I have a question, if you apply for 2 years, and take the same classes as medical students, if they accept you to medical school after the interview, do you have to retak those classes? or do you go to the third year since you did 2 years of same classes as a medical student? :/

In short, No. From what I've learned about the MBS program, they want people who are looking for a bridge into medical/dental school after the first year. In other words, they want students who are looking to prove themselves in the first year of classes and thus matriculate into the M1 group the following year without doing the second year of the MBS program. Few students ever go on to the second year unless you don't keep you 80 percent average in the program, in which case you Must stay and complete the program.

Additionally, you still have to start as a first year student (M1) because you don't cover the whole curriculum of the medical/dental school while you are in the MBS program. You still have all the clinical courses and such to cover and so you must track through the M1/M2 years with the rest of them. The only thing you won't have to retake are those classes you took in the MBS program which you scored a 90% or better.

So overall, you need an 80% across the board in all your classes to have a seat reserved for you in next year's medical class (They don't advertise this on the website or anywhere else, but this is what you will hear when you speak to the faculty or the current students) and those classes you get a 90% or above you do not have to retake (though the credit is all that carries over, so the grade doesn't contribute to your med school GPA).

If anyone else has anything to add, feel free. Just putting out what I know so far.

In short, No. From what I've learned about the MBS program, they want people who are looking for a bridge into medical/dental school after the first year. In other words, they want students who are looking to prove themselves in the first year of classes and thus matriculate into the M1 group the following year without doing the second year of the MBS program. Few students ever go on to the second year unless you don't keep you 80 percent average in the program, in which case you Must stay and complete the program.

Additionally, you still have to start as a first year student (M1) because you don't cover the whole curriculum of the medical/dental school while you are in the MBS program. You still have all the clinical courses and such to cover and so you must track through the M1/M2 years with the rest of them. The only thing you won't have to retake are those classes you took in the MBS program which you scored a 90% or better.

So overall, you need an 80% across the board in all your classes to have a seat reserved for you in next year's medical class (They don't advertise this on the website or anywhere else, but this is what you will hear when you speak to the faculty or the current students) and those classes you get a 90% or above you do not have to retake (though the credit is all that carries over, so the grade doesn't contribute to your med school GPA).

If anyone else has anything to add, feel free. Just putting out what I know so far.
:thumbup: