Nova Southeastern University (NSU) - Class of 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have an interview Nov. 13 at the Palm Beach campus. I am so excited and yet so nervous at the same time.

Good luck for your interview! Please do not forget to share your personal experience here..

Members don't see this ad.

Good luck for your interview! Please do not forget to share your personal experience here..
I just finished my interview and I think it went well. I am assuming it is run differently at the Palm Beach campus than the Fort Lauderdale campus since I was only there from 9-10:30am. I went to the open house a few weeks ago and I was the only one being interviewed today so we skipped the tour. I met with some P4 students and was able to ask them questions. Then, I met with the Dean for a few minutes. After that, I was interviewed by two professors. They were wonderful. They asked the typical questions, such as tell me about yourself, why pharmacy, and because of my background they asked why a PharmD instead of a PhD. Both professors were very easy to talk to and it made for an enjoyable experience overall. Hopefully, I hear back soon! I know it depends on when the admissions committee meets again so we will see.

Reactions: 1 users
I just finished my interview and I think it went well. I am assuming it is run differently at the Palm Beach campus than the Fort Lauderdale campus since I was only there from 9-10:30am. I went to the open house a few weeks ago and I was the only one being interviewed today so we skipped the tour. I met with some P4 students and was able to ask them questions. Then, I met with the Dean for a few minutes. After that, I was interviewed by two professors. They were wonderful. They asked the typical questions, such as tell me about yourself, why pharmacy, and because of my background they asked why a PharmD instead of a PhD. Both professors were very easy to talk to and it made for an enjoyable experience overall. Hopefully, I hear back soon! I know it depends on when the admissions committee meets again so we will see.

Thank you so much KRiveron for sharing your experience. Hope you will get good news very soon!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to the people that have the interview this Wed. 19th :) have 2 friends on this group. Hope u all have fun :D

woo hoo I got an interview invite!! :) Now what kind of questions do they ask? What should I expect? Sooo excited!

Hello! I have an interview on Monday at the Palm beach campus! I am super nervous. does anyone have any tips? and what should I wear??(girl)

woo hoo I got an interview invite!! :) Now what kind of questions do they ask? What should I expect? Sooo excited!
Hello! I have an interview on Monday at the Palm beach campus! I am super nervous. does anyone have any tips? and what should I wear??(girl)
Prepare for the basic questions: Why pharmacy? Why NOVA? Tell me a lil about yourself. Talk about your pharmacy experience, and if you do not have any experience, explain why. If you have any bad grades, also explain why. They might ask you something else depending on the flow of the conversation, but try to stay positive throughout the interview! even if you are dying inside :p

Reactions: 2 users
Prepare for the basic questions: Why pharmacy? Why NOVA? Tell me a lil about yourself. Talk about your pharmacy experience, and if you do not have any experience, explain why. If you have any bad grades, also explain why. They might ask you something else depending on the flow of the conversation, but try to stay positive throughout the interview! even if you are dying inside :p
Do girls wear pant/skirt suits? or not that formal?

Do girls wear pant/skirt suits? or not that formal?
Absolutely wear a suit or a dress with a suit jacket. I had my interview at the Palm Beach campus on November 13. :)

Reactions: 1 users
Absolutely wear a suit or a dress with a suit jacket. I had my interview at the Palm Beach campus on November 13. :)
sorry to keep asking about what to wear! but does the shirt have to be white? can it be a bright color? I just had a baby two weeks ago and not much of my clothes fits.

Good luck guys!! Make sure and ask questions when you go for a tour :)

I Interviewed on Nov 19th and got my acceptance this past Tuesday (the 25th)....so quick!

What kind of questions are you expected to ask? I know I want to go here so I really have no questions lol but I guess I am suppose to ask stuff?

Members don't see this ad :)
What kind of questions are you expected to ask? I know I want to go here so I really have no questions lol but I guess I am suppose to ask stuff?
There is so much to ask! Rotations, residency, scholarships and so on. Just think what is important to you and if you can't find the answer in their website, go ahead and ask :)

I guess that's true...I am just so ready to be accepted lol!

I submitted by supplemental application last wednesday 11/26 and I got a call on Monday 12/1 that they started reviewing my application because everything was in, any idea on how long it will take if I get an interview invite??

I submitted by supplemental application last wednesday 11/26 and I got a call on Monday 12/1 that they started reviewing my application because everything was in, any idea on how long it will take if I get an interview invite??
It took me and my friends a few days (less than a week)

ok thanks for your quick reply...it looks like you have a lot of info about the interview dates, do you know if there any coming up soon??

ok thanks for your quick reply...it looks like you have a lot of info about the interview dates, do you know if there any coming up soon??
I think there is no more interviews for December, at least I don't see any. In January they have 4 interview dates. Jan 14th, 21st, 23rd and 26th.

I think there is no more interviews for December, at least I don't see any. In January they have 4 interview dates. Jan 14th, 21st, 23rd and 26th.
Thanks for the reply I got an interview invite today!! Chose January 21st any advice?

Thanks for the reply I got an interview invite today!! Chose January 21st any advice?
Congratzzz!! Read the rest of this thread lol. I have already said all I know :)

For those with interviews, what are your stats?

So I am still waiting to hear from nova but I did get accepted to UF... What does everyone think of UF? I always had nova as a first choice but UF is a really good school...

So I am still waiting to hear from nova but I did get accepted to UF... What does everyone think of UF? I always had nova as a first choice but UF is a really good school...
I am still waiting to hear from UF! I just interviewed there on Friday. How long did it take for you to hear an admissions decision from them? I really like the new curiculum UF has that's why it's my first choice....

I am still waiting to hear from UF! I just interviewed there on Friday. How long did it take for you to hear an admissions decision from them? I really like the new curiculum UF has that's why it's my first choice....

Hey that's when I interviewed! They should let you know soon!

I interviewed at Nova on Nov. 24th and I still haven't gotten a response. I'm getting impatient. :/

hey did they change the due date for pharmcas? it used to be january 5 for pharmcas and the website of NOVA COP itself, but pharmcas shows febuary 2 now? I know usf recently changed the deadline for them from december to febuary 2 and pharmcas changed too. I am wondering if NOVA hasn't updated it on their website?

hey did they change the due date for pharmcas? it used to be january 5 for pharmcas and the website of NOVA COP itself, but pharmcas shows febuary 2 now? I know usf recently changed the deadline for them from december to febuary 2 and pharmcas changed too. I am wondering if NOVA hasn't updated it on their website?
No idea, try calling them and see whats up.

where do i find the supplemental material?

Their interview session seemed far too unprofessional compared other better schools, which provide name tags, and portfolios on information about the school and much more. Their interview questions were asking a lot about academic backgrounds instead of extracurricular activities. If I have known that fact before, I would have not applied to this school. I am writing this on SDN for future applicants that NOVA S.E pharmacy school is not worth of applying compare to better ranked institutions.

Their interview session seemed far too unprofessional compared other better schools, which provide name tags, and portfolios on information about the school and much more. Their interview questions were asking a lot about academic backgrounds instead of extracurricular activities. If I have known that fact before, I would have not applied to this school. I am writing this on SDN for future applicants that NOVA S.E pharmacy school is not worth of applying compare to better ranked institutions.

You did not get a name tag and portfolio??? Everyone during my interview had one of those. Kori and Jeffrey were both very friendly, not unprofessional. My interviewers asked me lots of stuff, not limited to academic background.
And the "worth" of applying to this school depends on each person (especially if you live in FL). For me its my top choice, so yeah...

Last edited:
I just had my interview today at Fort Lauderdale campus and it was amazing absolutely love the school!! The wait is going to be torture though kori said that the committee meets January 30 and then the dean has to sign off on the acceptances so she said hopefully by the first week of February, the latest the second week of February :(

I just had my interview today at Fort Lauderdale campus and it was amazing absolutely love the school!! The wait is going to be torture though kori said that the committee meets January 30 and then the dean has to sign off on the acceptances so she said hopefully by the first week of February, the latest the second week of February :(
if they meet on Jan 30, you should heard by the first week of February! :)

if they meet on Jan 30, you should heard by the first week of February! :)
I hope so by the first week of february because i just got accepted to palm beach atlantic but they want my deposit and decision by February 5th so it will be cutting it close with nova decision but i liked nova a lot too

Its nice to see this thread is still alive. I just applied to NOVA and PBA.

My stats are : 3.6 GPA

Science GPA Probably 3.7

98% on PCAT

LOR from pharmacist & two from science professors.

The thing is, I'm applying really late and still waiting for GPA to be calculated by pharmcas. Do you guys think I have a chance? I'm imagining that by now there's barely any seats even left.

Still waiting to hear back from interview on the 21st I know the committee meets tomorrow just hoping maybe they will call tomorrow a little earlier than expected

Yay, just got interview invite for 2/20!

Btw, what is up with NOVA only having February dates available? is it month by month or all the one's in March/April are already full?

Anyone going to the palm beach campus interview? Or know any information about that campus? Thank you!

Btw, what is up with NOVA only having February dates available? is it month by month or all the one's in March/April are already full?
It more like month by month, when i interviewed there were only October interviews :)

Congrats, Im rooting for you. I'm waiting for my GPA to be calculated to get an interview. Maybe we'll see each other there. Ft. Lauderdale or Palm Beach campus?