Nova Southeastern University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I'm guess no one heard anything today????
I'm pretty sure every school is basically shut down since it is veterans day. So I dont think anyone heard anything, but maybe this week?!?

Members don't see this ad.

Do you meet all 3 req gpas? (Cum, math science and pre req?). I ask because that could be why they are waiting for grades possibly? They told be they had the option to do that when I asked them about me not making one or those until I finished my remaining classes.

That's what I'm wondering.. I had them marked as not likely on my list of options due to their 2.9 science GPA requirement. Mine is currently 2.74, but I am taking 3 science classes this quarter. I looked and it is mathematically possible for me to make the 2.9 science GPA if I get B's or above in each class. At this point that will definitely happen, so I'm crossing my fingers!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, all we can do is wait now. Most of us are in the same boat. It sucks, but we'll find out soon! Good luck to all
Still waiting also! Got an phone call exactly 2 weeks ago telling me my application is now going and it is going the committee to be reviewed; and I haven’t heard anything else since....
I’m surprised Nova does not have a online tracking system for the status of your application :-/

Im honestly still surprised no one has heard anything. Monica probably has a lot to catch up on!

Diana told me they should have a decision for me this week but nothing so far...I'm calling Friday if I don't receive an email by then

Diana told me they should have a decision for me this week but nothing so far...I'm calling Friday if I don't receive an email by then
I'm planning to call as well! what is the phone # that you usually call?!

When did you submit your supp app? PTCAS was sent in on Oct 8, and I submitted my supp app on Oct 16. Spoke with Diana today and she said it will take about a month more to hear from them :(
Yeah I had everything submitted on 09/29. So IDK when i'll hear from them.

I submitted the first week of November and the phone number is on the previous page of this thread.
I just called and she told me I was placed on the hold list :/ guess better than a rejection...and the waiting game continues

I submitted the first week of November and the phone number is on the previous page of this thread.
I just called and she told me I was placed on the hold list :/ guess better than a rejection...and the waiting game continues

I am guessing that the hold list is the waiting list? Were you told that you were on the hold list by email or did she just tell you over the phone? I am wondering since I applied a few days after you and still waiting to hear back...

Members don't see this ad :)
Today is the 3 month mark of submitting my supplemental, this is just torture!!

Reactions: 1 user
I am guessing that the hold list is the waiting list? Were you told that you were on the hold list by email or did she just tell you over the phone? I am wondering since I applied a few days after you and still waiting to hear back...
I called her and she told me over the phone, she said I should be receiving a letter in the mail soon too

I called her and she told me over the phone, she said I should be receiving a letter in the mail soon too
Ok I am guessing I'll probably be getting the same then since I haven't heard back yet :(

Ok I am guessing I'll probably be getting the same then since I haven't heard back yet :(

Hope you have better luck!

Does anyone know anything about the wait list at Nova or how it works?

Would you mind sharing stats?

I called and was told Monica is now out until Monday so my status hasn't changed.

Would you mind sharing stats?
They should be on the first page of this thread, think cgpa 3.3 prereq gpa 3.3 and upper division 3.8
Messed up in my first few years at a community college, guess I'm paying the price lol

got my acceptance letter today from Diana :)

Hope you have better luck!

Does anyone know anything about the wait list at Nova or how it works?

When I applied last cycle (I applied really really close to the deadline) they told me they accepted 55 students and got a deposit for all 55 for a class with 50 seats and actually were hoping a bunch of students withdrew so I'm not sure how far they actually go into their waiting list...that was last cycle so hopefully it's a different situation this year

Congrats! Would you mind sharing when you applied and your stats?

University of Central Florida
Major: Health Science Pre-Clinical
Overall GPA: 3.58
Core GPA:3.3
GRE: 149V, 152Q, 4.0W
Observation hours: 208
Applied to Nova October 5th,2013. Supplemental submitted Oct 12th

I got my acceptance email today!

Monica is out but they are still processing a few.

Hey everyone, how long did it take for you to hear back from NSU after submitting the supplemental app?

well mine has been since october 1st. and I haven't heard anything. This is just awesome

I also hate USF their the only school to deny me for undergrad, and im from Tampa and got my AA degree from HCC! Die bulls die!! Lol

I am right there with you! Hahaha, do not go into their DPT program.

Ok so last week I was told that Monica would be back on Monday by Diane and to call. I called her back on Monday and she is still out! What I cannot understand is how they do NOT have someone else in charge to run this operation. My application has been reviewed and the decision is pending and Diane claims its on Monicas desk and I should know once she gets back. Diane told me to call back on Friday so I will be doing that tomorrow. I just don't understand how someone can take a leave of absence for 3 weeks (Even if its a medical issue) and them not having someone else step up to the job to keep the process going. I am so over waiting, I just want my answer! Diane also said that this shouldn't affect me or anyone for that matter and there are still plenty of spots left. I am hoping this is true....

Congrats! What I don't understand is that I applied before you (almost a month) and you found out before me lol :(. Nova is killing me.

I attended UCF as well and same major as you. I hope the GRE doesn't kill me in the long run.

Overall GPA: 3.77
Core GPA:3.65
GRE: 139V, 151Q, 4.5W
Observation hours: 144
Applied to Nova September 9th,2013. Supplemental submitted September 12th[/quote]

University of Central Florida
Overall GPA: 3.58
Core GPA:3.3
GRE: 149V, 152Q, 4.0W
Observation hours: 208
Applied to Nova October 5th,2013. Supplemental submitted Oct 12th

Congrats y'all! And good luck to everyone who is still waiting for word, so frustrating. Who is planning to attend? There is a Facebook page set up that is available of those entering this summer.

Congrats! What I don't understand is that I applied before you (almost a month) and you found out before me lol :(. Nova is killing me.

I attended UCF as well and same major as you. I hope the GRE doesn't kill me in the long run.

Overall GPA: 3.77
Core GPA:3.65
GRE: 139V, 151Q, 4.5W
Observation hours: 144
Applied to Nova September 9th,2013. Supplemental submitted September 12th
[/quote]

They must be looking at something besides grades because I have a 3.88 overall, 3.95 prereq, 90th percentile GRE scores etc.

From the students I have talked to, they have stated NOVA is very good at looking at the entire application of a student. Other schools do tend to zoom in on one aspect such as grades or GRE. Some students have great GPA and not so good GRE and vice versa. However, if I remember correctly you said you applied 3 months ago right? Mine was roughly the same time, your a bit earlier, but something happened to our applications that is delaying this, and Monica not being there is delaying it even more. So I am not sure however they should be on top of this. I don't understand why someone who applied a month later found out but we haven't. Doesn't seem fair to me...

They must be looking at something besides grades because I have a 3.88 overall, 3.95 prereq, 90th percentile GRE scores etc.[/quote]

From the students I have talked to, they have stated NOVA is very good at looking at the entire application of a student. Other schools do tend to zoom in on one aspect such as grades or GRE. Some students have great GPA and not so good GRE and vice versa. However, if I remember correctly you said you applied 3 months ago right? Mine was roughly the same time, your a bit earlier, but something happened to our applications that is delaying this, and Monica not being there is delaying it even more. So I am not sure however they should be on top of this. I don't understand why someone who applied a month later found out but we haven't. Doesn't seem fair to me...

They must be looking at something besides grades because I have a 3.88 overall, 3.95 prereq, 90th percentile GRE scores etc.
[/quote]

I actually did send my PTCAS in september, that was a mess up on my part. But yes the supplemental october 12th. So don't feel so bad!

Oh ok awesome! We sent ours around the same time then! Hopefully I will find out tomorrow...

Did you apply or are you interested in UCF's DPT program?

I actually did send my PTCAS in september, that was a mess up on my part. But yes the supplemental october 12th. So don't feel so bad![/quote]

Super excited, I got my acceptance email this morning! What a huge weight off my shoulders as this is my first acceptance! Very excited! Good luck to everyone still waiting.

[/quote]

Yep 3 months ago! I don't get it either, there must be something glaringly wrong with my app for them to just leave it "pending" this whole time despite my grades. Very frustrating! I just want to know :(

Ill be attending nova 2014 unless I get into Miami but I haven't even got and interview yet. I'm really impressed with Nova's PT facility's and school in general. Congrats to the ones accepted and hopefully the ones waiting will hear soon

Called Diana, she said no movement because Monica didn't come into work this week. Should maybe expect an email within the next few weeks. I'm done checking up. I feel bad for everyone who submitted around the same time as me (or even a bit earlier) because this dilemma has slowed down the process entirely ands its quite disappointing. Hopefully I'll have a response before Christmas.

Called Diana, she said no movement because Monica didn't come into work this week. Should maybe expect an email within the next few weeks. I'm done checking up. I feel bad for everyone who submitted around the same time as me (or even a bit earlier) because this dilemma has slowed down the process entirely ands its quite disappointing. Hopefully I'll have a response before Christmas.
I understand that this can happen but it is somewhat annoying...I am in the same boat I have yet to hear anything since Monica is still out. Hopefully before January we will hear something!

got my acceptance letter today from Diana :)

When I applied last cycle (I applied really really close to the deadline) they told me they accepted 55 students and got a deposit for all 55 for a class with 50 seats and actually were hoping a bunch of students withdrew so I'm not sure how far they actually go into their waiting list...that was last cycle so hopefully it's a different situation this year

Just paid my deposit.

I wonder if they'll get into the same situation this year and whether they would be willing to refund the deposit if the student withdraws.

Just received an email from Monica stating that they are going to wait until my fall grades come in to make a final decision. I just hope that all the spots aren't filled before that time!

how many classes doyou have left and what are they?

Just received an email from Monica stating that they are going to wait until my fall grades come in to make a final decision. I just hope that all the spots aren't filled before that time!

For those committed to Nova... Or maybe anyone can answer this question ... But when do we start filling out paperwork for loans, fafsa etc?

Also, when would we start looking for housing and all that good stuff? I was waiting for the Facebook page to fill up then I was going to start asking people. Any suggestions welcome!.

Is Monica back in the office this week? Cause I am hoping to hear something this week.