Nova Southeastern University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is Monica back in the office this week? Cause I am hoping to hear something this week.
Hopefully everything is all better so we can start hearing back soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Well guys, Monica FINALLY emailed me yesterday. She sounded a bit aggravated as I informed her Diane told me I should have had a decision and had to wait until she came back for this pending bs. Well good thing I kept bugging Monica because she pulled my file and said that they had no record of me taking an English composition class. I was like are you kidding me? I sent them my transcripts which had it on there, and PTCAS has it on there. I have waited almost a month and my application was pending because they didn't think I took comm 1... Really? I have an AA and bachelors and provided them with everything they needed and she tells me that. I am pissed. Why in the world did no one notify me about this? I was told my application was complete and wasn't missing anything. I am very disappointed with Nova. After talking to some of my friends that are second year DpT students at various programs, they said they have friends who attend nova and are not impressed with the program or staff. Looks like I may head to NYIT. Great program and great staff. I will go check nova out for myself but this crap is ridiculous.

Well guys, Monica FINALLY emailed me yesterday. She sounded a bit aggravated as I informed her Diane told me I should have had a decision and had to wait until she came back for this pending bs. Well good thing I kept bugging Monica because she pulled my file and said that they had no record of me taking an English composition class. I was like are you kidding me? I sent them my transcripts which had it on there, and PTCAS has it on there. I have waited almost a month and my application was pending because they didn't think I took comm 1... Really? I have an AA and bachelors and provided them with everything they needed and she tells me that. I am pissed. Why in the world did no one notify me about this? I was told my application was complete and wasn't missing anything. I am very disappointed with Nova. After talking to some of my friends that are second year DpT students at various programs, they said they have friends who attend nova and are not impressed with the program or staff. Looks like I may head to NYIT. Great program and great staff. I will go check nova out for myself but this crap is ridiculous.

WOW did she give you a decision or is your application just now going to be considered?

Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, no decision. She said this...

"This file will get further processed and you will be kept up to date if status changes. "

If you have the same "pending" status as I have and submitted it when I did or earlier I would call the **** or email them just in case they pull some stuff like oh you didn't take anatomy or something..... Smh unbelievable.

WOW did she give you a decision or is your application just now going to be considered?

"This file will get further processed and you will be kept up to date if status changes. "

If you have the same "pending" status as I have and submitted it when I did or earlier I would call the **** or email them just in case they pull some stuff like oh you didn't take anatomy or something..... Smh unbelievable.

How did you get them to actually go look at your file? I kept getting emails about checking my required documents then I'd ask them if I had anything outstanding and they'd say no, your application is pending you'll hear when you hear, basically... soo now I'm nervous!

Well I emailed Monica about a week ago. Still no response. Nothing. Lol I'm just going to assume I'll never hear back

I ema

I blew up Diane's phone until she picked up :). I told her that my application was reviewed and is finished but status is pending. She couldn't give me an answer as to why and said I should have found out already of a decision. So she said she couldn't do anything and would put my file on Monica's Desk.

I asked them if everything was good if I was missing anything in my application and they said no! Then Monica got back to me and pulled that bs of not seeing comm 1 on my file... Really? Lol.

But yes seems they are in no rush and don't give two craps about us and the delay. Horrible admission people.

How did you get them to actually go look at your file? I kept getting emails about checking my required documents then I'd ask them if I had anything outstanding and they'd say no, your application is pending you'll hear when you hear, basically... soo now I'm nervous!

I blew up Diane's phone until she picked up :). I told her that my application was reviewed and is finished but status is pending. She couldn't give me an answer as to why and said I should have found out already of a decision. So she said she couldn't do anything and would put my file on Monica's Desk.

I asked them if everything was good if I was missing anything in my application and they said no! Then Monica got back to me and pulled that bs of not seeing comm 1 on my file... Really? Lol.

But yes seems they are in no rush and don't give two craps about us and the delay. Horrible admission people.

Wow. I was going to comment on how we shouldn't be so harsh on the admissions office, but that's just unacceptable!

I feel bad for those who have had the pending status for a long time now. It seems unfair. However, there is no guaranteed time frame for when a decision will be made. I looked through just about every single NSU acceptance forum I could find, and it seems like there were quite a few people who were accepted months after submitting their supplemental application.

I already know a few people who have been rejected with respectable stats and they applied before/around the same time as I did, which was Sept. 27th. So, the fact that it is pending and under review by the admissions committee seems like a good thing. Just try to stay positive people! We've done all we can.

Reactions: 1 users
I feel bad for those who have had the pending status for a long time now. It seems unfair. However, there is no guaranteed time frame for when a decision will be made. I looked through just about every single NSU acceptance forum I could find, and it seems like there were quite a few people who were accepted months after submitting their supplemental application.

I already know a few people who have been rejected with respectable stats and they applied before/around the same time as I did, which was Sept. 27th. So, the fact that it is pending and under review by the admissions committee seems like a good thing. Just try to stay positive people! We've done all we can.
Amen!!!

To all of those placed in "pending status" for a while now ( myself included). I was able to get in touch with the graduate admission office few days ago to ask about this "pending" status .. The rep whom I talked to clearly stated that " it is a good thing" to be "under review" he also stated that due to application volume this year & their process of "looking at the fine details of your application " that I might need to wait an additional 2 to 8 weeks before hearing back! Just hang in there guys! We are almost there...

Reactions: 1 user
So here is a bit of news,

Someone I know at my school also applied to NOVA well after me: like the end of October, and this person has already received an answer (denied) So i'd say it's probably a good thing that we are still waiting. Hopefully.

They really do look at the whole application...I had a phone interview Dr.Stern (member of the admissions committee) and she was familiar with every part of my application. She even asked me questions deep into my personal essay and specifics about my volunteer office. I feel very grateful to have been accepted to Nova and wish every body here the best

Members don't see this ad :)
2-8 weeks is such large window! I was hoping to hear before thanksgiving but seeing how things are going I'll probably hear around christmas time. Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

Amen!!!

To all of those placed in "pending status" for a while now ( myself included). I was able to get in touch with the graduate admission office few days ago to ask about this "pending" status .. The rep whom I talked to clearly stated that " it is a good thing" to be "under review" he also stated that due to application volume this year & their process of "looking at the fine details of your application " that I might need to wait an additional 2 to 8 weeks before hearing back! Just hang in there guys! We are almost there...

I wouldn't freak out so bad if I didn't keep getting emails about my "required documents," I've gotten 5 of the exact email over the span of a month or so. I contacted them and they said I had no outstanding documents but then I got two more emails... am I the only person this is happening to? I haven't heard from any schools but Nova Hybrid but nova is the only one I feel like I have to stay on top of because of these stupid emails!

I wouldn't freak out so bad if I didn't keep getting emails about my "required documents," I've gotten 5 of the exact email over the span of a month or so. I contacted them and they said I had no outstanding documents but then I got two more emails... am I the only person this is happening to? I haven't heard from any schools but Nova Hybrid but nova is the only one I feel like I have to stay on top of because of these stupid emails!

I'm actually kind of happy now that I haven't heard anything because most of my other schools are telling me in December. If I find out around the same time as the other schools I can decide whether or not I want to pay 1000 dollars. IF I end up getting accepted. It sucks waiting, but now I'm thankful for it.

does anyone know how many spots are left?

it seems like a lot of students have gotten in already...

So here is a bit of news,

Someone I know at my school also applied to NOVA well after me: like the end of October, and this person has already received an answer (denied) So i'd say it's probably a good thing that we are still waiting. Hopefully.

Any idea what his stats were?

I wonder if we will actually hear something this month...I was told I should hear something about 3 weeks ago. Can only hope to hear something soon!

well its a official guys I got into FIU, Im gonna decide between FIU and NOVA, Ill sit on it for a day, but more than likely I will opt for FIU...and hopefully that opens a spot for one of you guys

well its a official guys I got into FIU, Im gonna decide between FIU and NOVA, Ill sit on it for a day, but more than likely I will opt for FIU...and hopefully that opens a spot for one of you guys
What made you decide to choose fiu over nova if you don't mind me asking?

So, I called Diana and found out that I was placed on alternate and should be receiving a mail...:( Just wanted to let whoever is waiting. Good Luck Everyone...:)

So, I called Diana and found out that I was placed on alternate and should be receiving a mail...:( Just wanted to let whoever is waiting. Good Luck Everyone...:)

Better than a rejection....you still have a chance! :) mind sharing your stats?

I'd really like to know how the alternate list works...do people get pulled from it as other students decline their acceptances? And is it in order of being placed on the alternate list? The letter really didn't answer any questions and wasn't specific.
Also, has anyone heard of someone getting in from the alternate at nova in previous years?

@megi1212 and @ptbobby When did you guys apply? I had everything in by Oct 18 I believe and I called Diana yesterday and Monica still had not checked mine....They said it should move onto the committee review section by next week and to call them this Friday if I wanted to see if it had moved on.

My Boy just got accepted to Nova, he's deciding between there or FIU.
His stats: 3.3 cGPA 3.7 pGPA 155 157 4.0 GRE

Just got my acceptance letter to Nova!
Best of luck to everyone who is waiting

I am taking abnormal psychology as a post graduate and the class ends next week. I received an email last week stating they are going to wait until they receive the grade from that class until they make their final decision. Not sure what to expect. Anyone else run into this?

Better than a rejection....you still have a chance! :) mind sharing your stats?

Yeah that's true. But Dianna told me that I won't likely to hear anything until March, and that just frustrating. I have ~3.3 cgpa, and ~3.5 pgpa.

@megi1212 and @ptbobby When did you guys apply? I had everything in by Oct 18 I believe and I called Diana yesterday and Monica still had not checked mine....They said it should move onto the committee review section by next week and to call them this Friday if I wanted to see if it had moved on.

I submitted my application on 8/22 and ptcas mailed on 9/10.

Stats at nova are not so important like at other schools, they literally sit down and read your application word for word and take a holistic approach. They made me feel like a human and not some number on a paper! FINS UP

I am taking abnormal psychology as a post graduate and the class ends next week. I received an email last week stating they are going to wait until they receive the grade from that class until they make their final decision. Not sure what to expect. Anyone else run into this?
I am in the same boat as you! My semester ends in 2 weeks!

Congratulations! How did you find out?

quote="livelifelifting, post: 14680306, member: 574611"]In at Nova!![/quote]
Bout time you got an answer lol congrats!

Congratulations! Do you think you'll attend?

I got a letter in the mail today stating that I was put on a "hold" and that they would continue to look at my application periodically and update me if my status changes. How is that different then being an alternate? My Fall grades become available mid December, maybe they're waiting on those...what do you think??

Has anyone else been put on "Hold"?

Its good to hear people are finding out again...still nothing from this end. :cool:

I got a letter in the mail today stating that I was put on a "hold" and that they would continue to look at my application periodically and update me if my status changes. How is that different then being an alternate? My Fall grades become available mid December, maybe they're waiting on those...what do you think??
Hold, alternate, and wait list are all the same thing. People just call them by whichever they're used to. Seems like they put quite a few people on the hold list...

I called Diana today and found out that mine is still pending...She said that once the committee asks for more applications mine should be in that next round. Not sure if that helps answer anyone's question.

I also called Diana today and she said that my application was still with the committee and that Monica was out today. They must really be taking a close look at my app.

I also called Diana today and she said that my application was still with the committee and that Monica was out today. They must really be taking a close look at my app.
Well thats good that you are onto the committee stage! I had everything in early/mid Oct and still havent completed the first check through. Oh the waiting games haha good luck though!