Nova Southeastern University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tjvoll86

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just found out I was accepted to Nova's MOT program starting June 2012!! Anyone else applying to that program/ have been accepted also?

Members don't see this ad.

When did you apply? Did you interview in person? I sent my OTCAS there, but haven't finished applying! I have relatives in South Florida.

I applied but have not heard anything yet. i doubt i got in if I havent heard back :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I finished all my apps/ OTCAS at the end of October around the 20th and they sent me an e-mail asking me to interview about a week and a half later. I had a phone interview on Nov. 10th and received an e-mail stating I was accepted on November 14th

Thanks for this information! I will likely finish applying, but even if accepted may turn down. What were your stats if you don't mind me asking?

thanks eagle88!
Veggieswirl, where else are you applying?
my stats:

University: University of Central Florida
Major: Pre- Med
Overall GPA: not so good :/ 3.1
Last 60 credit hour GPA : 3.8
GRE: 980 - I'm horrible at standardized tests

Extra-Curric: I work in the Emergency Room as a Scribe doing all the documentation and charting for the doctors. I also was apart of the pre-professional medical society on campus for 3 years getting involved in leadership positions and such.

Volunteer: 56 hours of shadowing OT's. I shadowed one in acute care an one in outpatient rehab.

i am applying to USC. My stats are mediocre- 2.9, GRE 1130,

hey how did your interview go? did they ask you a lot of questions?

hey how was the interview? did they ask a lot of questions?

I have a phone interview soon with NOVA!! can someone please private message me about interview questions? so far I only got one response from one person. I just wanted to see if there are any other questions they might ask. thanks in advance

Good luck everyone! I am not going to finish applying, so that takes me out of the running! I got into my absolute number 1 choice! My number 2 also!

Congrats Veggieswirl! I read somewhere that you got into CSUDH. What is your number 2 choice?

Members don't see this ad :)
Number 2 choice was actually a COTA program, and i got moved up the wait list to fall 2012 from spring 2013.

I received an e-mail from NOVA awhile ago saying that all of my application materials were received by 11/14. I have not heard anything back from them regarding an interview or even a letter declining my acceptance. Anyone else in the same boat?

Yes I'm in the exact same boat! I completed my application at the end of November, got a confirmation and haven't heard anything since. This makes me nervous considering how quickly other people heard back, interviewed and were accepted. Good to know someone else is in the same boat :/

How frustrating. I hope we hear something soon. I just want to know whether it be good or bad news.

Just had my phone interview with Nova. I think it went really well!!! I'm praying that I get accepted!!! Feels good to have the interview out of the way. By the way I got verified with NOVA on OTCAS Nov. 24th, got an email from the school on Dec. 1st to complete the supplemental appl., Dec.5th my application to the school was completed, Dec 9th I got an email regarding interview invite, originally my interview date was Dec.15th but that didn't happen because of the error with the date that they scheduled me, so I waited and no one called :(, later reschedule to Jan 4th and it turns out there was a misunderstanding about the time zone because customer rep. didn't tell me which time zone, and I had to reschedule today and they put me on for today! So now I am done! just waiting to hear back that's all!! They should automatically accept me just for the inconvenience that I had to go through. I had to readjust work schedule twice for them but luckily today I'm off from work :).

Last edited:
Is anyone applying for Nova's entry-level OTD? It seems like you are only on campus a few days a month. Commuting sounds desirable since I could keep my job/boyfriend/house, but I question how well one can learn such a hands-on profession online.

Is anyone applying for Nova's entry-level OTD? It seems like you are only on campus a few days a month. Commuting sounds desirable since I could keep my job/boyfriend/house, but I question how well one can learn such a hands-on profession online.
Don't recommend it. Tuition is high, city cost of living is high, its a first year program, and program was only given temporary accreditation for 3 yrs. If you plan to stay at home and fly to FL once a month, rent a hotel room and rental car I wish you the best... That's a lot of additional stress a doctoral student does not need.

Hey OTtobe, did you hear anything on whether you were accepted yet?!

Yay!!! I found out today I got accepted to NOVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :soexcited: So excited!!! for those applying, my GPA is 3.10 and GRE score is a little under 900. I did really well on my phone interview and they liked me for that! In my opinion, I don't think it matters if you interview in person or on the phone at Nova, they treat us all the same!

Last edited:
I'm happy for you getting admitted as I understand that your excited :) but just be considerate of the other hundreds of applicants that are waiting to get admitted into a prg :) so tone it down alittle.

LOL! Alright! Are you one of the others applying to NOVA? Good luck to you! Sorry I'm just REALLY excited! This is the first school that accepted me so far! It's still unreal to me, after all it is a forum, we are free to express what we want or say on here! :D:D:D
I'm happy for you getting admitted as I understand that your excited :) but just be considerate of the other hundreds of applicants that are waiting to get admitted into a prg :) so tone it down alittle.

I got into Nova too! I found out early December and I have decided to go there as my final choice! Are you going to make a facebook group for it? :)

Congrats OT2B and OTgirl2012. Can't wait to meet my fellow OT classmates! Yes! someone should make a facebook group, whoever makes it should post the link on here so all of our classmates can join

Congrats OTgirl2012!! Yay I'm looking forward to meet all my future classmates! Yes someone should make a FB group and post the link on here!

I got into Nova too! I found out early December and I have decided to go there as my final choice! Are you going to make a facebook group for it? :)

hi everyone! i am also applying to nsu's mot program starting this June... all of my applications were submitted a couple of weeks ago so right now i am just waiting to hear back for an interview. i am very nervous since this is the only school i have applied to (i live in south florida now, but originally from NJ) so i am keeping my fingers crossed!! i hope i hear back from nsu soon... this waiting is driving me crazy! do they notify you through email or regular mail to schedule the interview?

Good luck!
hi everyone! i am also applying to nsu's mot program starting this June... all of my applications were submitted a couple of weeks ago so right now i am just waiting to hear back for an interview. i am very nervous since this is the only school i have applied to (i live in south florida now, but originally from NJ) so i am keeping my fingers crossed!! i hope i hear back from nsu soon... this waiting is driving me crazy! do they notify you through email or regular mail to schedule the interview?

Hey guys! I have an interview with Nova on Feb 16. I'm so nervous and excited! Anyone have any helpful pointers for me?

Make sure you know the basics...why you want to become an OT, why you chose NSU, your strengths/weaknesses.. They are nice and easy to talk to. Just know your stuff. Hope that helps.

Hey guys! I was just accepted to Nova this past Monday!! I am pretty sure I am going to accept the offer too :) For those of you who are goin there, have you thought about housing at all??

Congrats on being accepted!!! I am thinking of staying at the Rolling Hills Graduate apartment. Single room is too expensive, probably in a quad with 3 other roommates for me. How about everyone else? By the way, I just found out the school received around 200-250 applications this year and will only offer 45 seats.

Hey guys! I was just accepted to Nova this past Monday!! I am pretty sure I am going to accept the offer too :) For those of you who are goin there, have you thought about housing at all??

Last edited:
I wonder how many out of the 200-250 got interviews

Congrats on being accepted!!! I am thinking of staying at the Rolling Hills Graduate apartment. Single room is too expensive, probably in a quad with 3 other roommates for me. How about everyone else? By the way, I just found out the school received around 200-250 applications this year and will only offer 45 seats.

Congrats on everyone else who got in. Anyone else get accepted ? When does everyone plan to move down to the Davie/ Ft. Lauderdale area. I plan to move somewhere between miami and davie because I have a friend who is attending FIU's DPT program. Is anyone familiar with the area and have any suggestions that are 20 min from each school ?

I will be moving there May 27th. I found out orientation day/first day of school will be May 29th. I plan on staying at Rolling Hills. I heard the traffic there is horrible and it's hard to find parking spaces? It's better to live on campus or near by.

Congrats on everyone else who got in. Anyone else get accepted ? When does everyone plan to move down to the Davie/ Ft. Lauderdale area. I plan to move somewhere between miami and davie because I have a friend who is attending FIU's DPT program. Is anyone familiar with the area and have any suggestions that are 20 min from each school ?

Last edited:
Yay! I was accepted to the program early last week, and I'm going to accept the offer :D

I'm still debating on staying at Rolling Hills or finding an apartment nearby, but I think I'll be moving there sometime between the 20th and the 25th.

Congrats!!! Where are you moving from?

Yay! I was accepted to the program early last week, and I'm going to accept the offer :D

I'm still debating on staying at Rolling Hills or finding an apartment nearby, but I think I'll be moving there sometime between the 20th and the 25th.

housing-wise: i was actually thinking about living in rolling hills' quads too! They seem pretty nice (well from what I saw on the youtube video about them) lol

Hey group!
Ill be applying to NOVA next year(Cycle 2012-2013). The otcas application officially reopens applications july 6th but the nova website said they would start looking at applications right before their new cohort start. I am a little confused? also the website said a 2.75 science gpa is perfered. I dont have that science gpa do you think I still have chance? overall my stats are
OTCAS gpa-3.22
Cumla. gpa-3.34
OT experience-200+hours
havent taken my gres yet

you should still apply even if you don't meet the science gpa. just highlight why you are unique compared to everyone else that is applying within your personal statement.

Hey everyone!

I'll be a student in Nova's OT class of 2014!! :)

Any suggestions on where to live? I'm from NC and don't know Ft Lauderdale that well.
And any OT students looking for a roommate?!