Nova Southeastern University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did everyone complete physics before applying or did anyone have this or kinesiology in progress? Also I suck at physics, so hypothetically speaking if I got into this school could I take kinesiology through nova the summer before getting in? I can't find a course on kinesiology at any school around me

also does anyone know if exercise science is considered kinesiology?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I completed physics before applying and was in the process of completing kinesiology. I believe any courses that are required should be in progress this semester because I believe Nova's program starts in the summer.

fiu has kinesiology, they dont except exercise phys.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm starting to really believe previous posters who said if you get an interview, you'd get accepted. I thought I did terrible on the interview but I just received an acceptance. I'm declining because of another school but I hear really good things about NOVA for all those who have been accepted. Congrats to those accepted/interviewed and for those waiting - it took them 3 full weeks to get back to me.

I'm starting to really believe previous posters who said if you get an interview, you'd get accepted. I thought I did terrible on the interview but I just received an acceptance. I'm declining because of another school but I hear really good things about NOVA for all those who have been accepted. Congrats to those accepted/interviewed and for those waiting - it took them 3 full weeks to get back to me.

Lol I got waitlisted (and I did do really terrible in my interview) so please decline away:naughty:

For those who were waitlisted have you received any updates?

I have my interview with Nova on the 28th! Hope they don't ask me any tough questions ! :)

I just got my interview invitation for NSU MOT program today. Can anyone give me some insights on what to expect? Im NSU is my first choice for out of state school. Im from CA. I plan to do a phone interview. thanks for your help. and good luck to everyone.

I just got my interview invitation for NSU MOT program today. Can anyone give me some insights on what to expect? Im NSU is my first choice for out of state school. Im from CA. I plan to do a phone interview. thanks for your help. and good luck to everyone.

I had my interview in person yesterday; 2 ladies that made me feel very comfortable. They asked me what got me interested in OT, why Nova, what skills will help me succeed in the difficult program, if I had any experience with ethics/cultural diversity from my jobs, they asked me to explain the variety of shadowing experience I had, what position I hold in group work and if I would be able to switch.

I don't know when I'll be hearing back but I think it went well and I hope to hear soon! Good luck everyone!

I had my interview in person yesterday; 2 ladies that made me feel very comfortable. They asked me what got me interested in OT, why Nova, what skills will help me succeed in the difficult program, if I had any experience with ethics/cultural diversity from my jobs, they asked me to explain the variety of shadowing experience I had, what position I hold in group work and if I would be able to switch.

I don't know when I'll be hearing back but I think it went well and I hope to hear soon! Good luck everyone!

Awesome, thanks for the insight! I have my interview on March 14th

I thought my interview with Nova went really well but I received a letter a week and a half later informing me i'm on the wait list :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on Thursday last week, and they said they will let me know after the admissions committee meets at the end of the month! I'm hoping I get accepted, I loved the campus and the OT facility

Yeah I interviewed with them a couple of weeks ago. They did tell me it would take 2-3 weeks for them to get back to me. I have another interview this week but I really wanna go there! I hope both of us get in! =)

Yeah I interviewed with them a couple of weeks ago. They did tell me it would take 2-3 weeks for them to get back to me. I have another interview this week but I really wanna go there! I hope both of us get in! =)
I hope so too! I think my interview went okay, but I don't know how much weight the interview holds. Did they ask you anything about individual grades? I had a few classes I didn't do great in and they asked me what happened. I didn't know if they did that with everyone or if it was just me.

I hope so too! I think my interview went okay, but I don't know how much weight the interview holds. Did they ask you anything about individual grades? I had a few classes I didn't do great in and they asked me what happened. I didn't know if they did that with everyone or if it was just me.

No they didn't ask me about my grades... i'll send you a private message. =)

I just recieved an email invitation for an interview, I plan to schedule a phone interview. Does anyone know how many spots they have left?? I see that some people have been put on a wait list. Just seeing what my odds are

Thanks!

I just recieved an email invitation for an interview, I plan to schedule a phone interview. Does anyone know how many spots they have left?? I see that some people have been put on a wait list. Just seeing what my odds are

Thanks!

No idea. I sent them an email asking about that but have not received a reply. I sure hope they do still have some spots available! Anyway, I hear the committee meets once a month (I believe towards the end of the month), so if i were you, I would definitely schedule the interview asap! Good luck! =)

By the way... if they're still interviewing, it makes me think/hopeful that they do still have spots available? I just don't think they would waste time interviewing?

Last edited:
Has anyone heard back for those of you who have interviewed in March? I emailed Keatta and she let me know that final decisions will be made no later than April 15th. This wait is killing me!

No, I haven't either. :( She told me early April... so hopefully we hear from them this week or next? The wait really has been a torture!

No, I haven't either. :( She told me early April... so hopefully we hear from them this week or next? The wait really has been a torture!

Well! I actually checked my snail mail late and received a letter from Nova. Didn't get in! And not into any of the other schools I applied to, either. Next time :)

ot chick what were your stats/volunteer/etc? I'm applying for Nova this fall and my overall gpa is lacking

I received an email this morning, and I was accepted! I'm so excited and wish everyone the best of luck!

I received an email this morning, and I was accepted! I'm so excited and wish everyone the best of luck!

VA can you post your stats or write in the acceptance sticky above? I am applying to this school this fall

VA can you post your stats or write in the acceptance sticky above? I am applying to this school this fall
What is this acceptance sticky you're talking about? I am still on the wait list, very eager to hear back if I was accepted or not. VA....were you on the wait list or you just got an acceptance e-mail??

What is this acceptance sticky you're talking about? I am still on the wait list, very eager to hear back if I was accepted or not. VA....were you on the wait list or you just got an acceptance e-mail??

if you scroll to the top of the page there's two stickys above the rest of the thread topics. The top one says Sticky: GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES (Multi-page thread 1 2 3). That's where people update the thread with their stats and the schools they either got rejected from or accepted into.

I had an interview on March 15, and I just got my acceptance email today.

GPA: 2.98
Pre-req GPA: 3.8
GRE: 151 (verbal) 150 (math) 4.0 (writing)
Volunteering: 60 hours in a skilled nursing facility, and I also babysat for a mentally disabled child.

Let me know if there is anything else you want to know!

Reactions: 1 user
thank you VA congrats on getting in you must be so excited. Couple questions if you have some time? What sort of questions did they ask during the interview, and what was the gist of your statement of purpose? Like what were a couple highlights? Thanks again

thank you VA congrats on getting in you must be so excited. Couple questions if you have some time? What sort of questions did they ask during the interview, and what was the gist of your statement of purpose? Like what were a couple highlights? Thanks again
I'll message you!

I received a letter today saying that I am a "Hold" candidate. Has anyone else received this and what are your stats? Is this the same thing as being on the waitlist?

I received a letter today saying that I am a "Hold" candidate. Has anyone else received this and what are your stats? Is this the same thing as being on the waitlist?

Did you have an interview with Nova?

I received the same letter a couple weeks ago, that is the same as being on the wait list. We should be hearing back this week!

I had an interview on March 15, and I just got my acceptance email today.

GPA: 2.98
Pre-req GPA: 3.8
GRE: 151 (verbal) 150 (math) 4.0 (writing)
Volunteering: 60 hours in a skilled nursing facility, and I also babysat for a mentally disabled child.

Let me know if there is anything else you want to know!

VA congrats! Did you decide to attend Nova or another school?

hello everyone,
on the OTCAS it says that they require a little under a 3 GPA for consideration. Do they only look at the last two years undergraduate degree for that or do they also look at postbachelors coursework taken at a community college?

Last edited:
hello everyone,
on the OTCAS it says that they require a little under a 3 GPA for consideration. Do they only look at the last two years undergraduate degree for that or do they also look at postbachelors coursework taken at a community college?

I think they focus on the last 60 credits, but to be sure you should give the school a call. Everyone there seems to be very helpful and I'm sure they will have no problem answering this question.

I've made my deposit to attend NOVA! I'm currently searching for housing and going through that whole process.

I noticed that two of the prereqs for this program are English Composition and an English elective...what did you guys take for that elective? Do you think English Comp A and English Comp B (two separate classes) would suffice?

I took English Comp part II online at a community college one summer and NOVA accepted it.

does anyone who got accepted know if English Comp B would suffice?

Yup, I took the second semester of required English class in college (Eng Comp B?), and the first semester was just AP credit from high school. =)

does anyone know how picky they are about the type of kinesiology class you take as a prerequisite? I found an online kinesiology class called Intro to Kinesiology but it's not so focused on body mechanics, it's more a basic overview of kinesiology as a career...

Has anyone heard back from Nova if they've been accepted for the class on 2016? I applied the end of September and interviewed on October 4th, 2013. I havent heard anything back yet. I talked to Keatta at the open house last weekend and she said that she had some stuff that she was going to send out on monday (it sounded like they were decisions). I havent heard back. She had also said in an earlier email that the first round of decisions would be made at the end of October. So i guess i still have time. Its just driving me crazy not knowing.

Hi! I have my interview with Nova on the 31st. Do you mind sharing with me what they asked and how it went?

Has anyone heard back from Nova if they've been accepted for the class on 2016? I applied the end of September and interviewed on October 4th, 2013. I havent heard anything back yet. I talked to Keatta at the open house last weekend and she said that she had some stuff that she was going to send out on monday (it sounded like they were decisions). I havent heard back. She had also said in an earlier email that the first round of decisions would be made at the end of October. So i guess i still have time. Its just driving me crazy not knowing.

How did your interview go? What did they ask you? I have mine on the 31st and am a bit nervous!

I received an email on the 23rd of October.

I had my interview on oct. 3 and heard back from them on Oct 24. I was accepted and I'm very excited! I decided I am going to take it and move to Florida! Anyone else!?