Nova Southeastern University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey congrats. I just got accepted in their DPT program. Bit confused between WJU, CSU and NOVA. plz suggest

Members don't see this ad.

How long did it take get back to you after your interviews? I have a phone interview coming up next week and I am really hoping for an acceptance to NOVA.

I heard back exactly one week after my interview. They're really quick about it, and the admissions counselor told me that the latest applicants generally hear back is 2 weeks. Good luck!!

How long did it take get back to you after your interviews? I have a phone interview coming up next week and I am really hoping for an acceptance to NOVA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just had my interview... I'm not very confident :/ I was extremely nervous, more than usual. I stumbled throughout my entire interview and had trouble articulating my thoughts. The information I gave I feel was good. I don't know why I was so nervous, probably because I am really looking forward to being enrolled into this university. I'll hear from them in about 2 weeks they said. I'm hoping for the best! Wish me luck everyone! haha =D

goood luck eagle, im sure you did fine! keep us posted

Greetings!

I had my interview last Wednesday (March 28th) and am waiting to hear back from them. I am so nervous!
:xf: Fingers crossesd!!!

eagle88 - I had my interview on the 28th of March too! Let me know if you hear anything and I will do the same! Don't worry about being nervous at the interview . I am sure that they expect you to be and understand after all they are OT's! Good Luck! :)

tjvoll86- Thanks for the encouragement.

frenchielove12- will do. was your interview a phone interview? I had a phone interview and I think that is what made me super nervous. I'd much rather have a face-to-face interview. They told me I would hear back in about 2 weeks time.

I got accepted! =D. I received the e-mail this morning.

Congrats! I just found out I got accepted today too!! =)

Members don't see this ad :)
I found out yesterday that I was accepted to the MOT program! Still waiting to hear back about the OTD program. :)

I got accepted! =D. I received the e-mail this morning.

Congrats!!! Didn't I tell you before that if you get an interview that means you're in? lol I'm not 100% sure but someone told me that if you hear back for an interview then you're pretty much in!!!

Congrats to everyone that got in! Can't wait to meet you all!!

whats up everybody...congrats to everyone who got accepted. Has anyone gotten any further information about orientation etc? I emailed the counselor she said more information should be out soon. Haven't found a place yet, from Chicago excited to be in warm weather!

Congrats kdrw! I'm from Chicago too! =) I'm looking forward to the big move, except I have no clue where I'm living yet either lol

whats up everybody...congrats to everyone who got accepted. Has anyone gotten any further information about orientation etc? I emailed the counselor she said more information should be out soon. Haven't found a place yet, from Chicago excited to be in warm weather!

haha finding a place is stressful..ive been getting listings but havent found anything im interested in or its too over priced for a crap place. what part of chicago are u from??

haha finding a place is stressful..ive been getting listings but havent found anything im interested in or its too over priced for a crap place. what part of chicago are u from??
You might have luck looking on Craigslist and renting a condo/house from a private owner. There are also reviews online for apartment buildings. Check them out to get reviews from people who live/ or have lived there in the past. Roaches/Mold problems happen in South Florida. You want to find an apartment owner who will take care of these problems if they come up. You also want a gated community in most parts of town.

YAY!!! Congrats to everyone who got accepted this week !!! :) OT is such a great field to be going into. It is #19 out of the 100 top jobs to go into. The baby boomers will provide lots of work for us over the coming years. Hoorayyy for job security in this economy!!! :)

Last edited:

Im from the northwest suburbs of Chicago.. Palatine, not sure if you're familiar with that town? Where are u from? And have you considered living on campus in Rolling hills? It looks nice but depending on availability I don't wanna get stuck in a single room because theyre so expensive! And are you bringing a car down there? Haha sorry I'm not trying to play 20 questions, I just want to get an idea on what other people are doing.

Haha indeed you did. Considering most universities might have passed on me due to my not-so-great interview performance, I feel truly blessed for this opportunity.

Congrats!!! Didn't I tell you before that if you get an interview that means you're in? lol I'm not 100% sure but someone told me that if you hear back for an interview then you're pretty much in!!!

Yeah im bringing my car down for sure...im from Morton Grove which is like by skokie and Niles i dont know if you know where that is..but yea im familiar with Palatine..you are not too far from me.. i definitely need to sign a lease soon !!!

How is everyone planning on financially supporting themselves?

When does the program start? What exact date, anyone know? Also, what are your plans to cover the rest of the cost after federal loans have been factored in? Figuring out all of this loan business is stressful...

When does the program start? What exact date, anyone know? Also, what are your plans to cover the rest of the cost after federal loans have been factored in? Figuring out all of this loan business is stressful...

Eagle88 - You can get "Grad Plus" loans which cover living expenses and everything else that the tuition loans do not cover. I would try to get a loan from family members if possible before you take out a grad plus since the interest rate is 7.9%. Good luck!

I'm from Skokie! We're neighbors! Hahah so exciting :)

Have you all gotten the e-mail on orientation and the picnic and whatnot? I'm so excited!!!

Yeah im bringing my car down for sure...im from Morton Grove which is like by skokie and Niles i dont know if you know where that is..but yea im familiar with Palatine..you are not too far from me.. i definitely need to sign a lease soon !!!

Hi guys Im a later comer with the application process. I was wondering if anybody had any tips for the interview because Im super nervous and Im hoping to not stumble too much.

Hey everyone! I have a phone interview for Nova's MOT program this week and was wondering if anyone can give me some pointers on the interview questions.

Hi Frenchilove - did you get accepted into the OTD program? Its too late for me for this year but I plan on trying for 2013 (wish I knew about this earlier). As I understand it, some of the weekend sessions are for 3 days and others are for 4?

Hi Frenchilove - did you get accepted into the OTD program? Its too late for me for this year but I plan on trying for 2013 (wish I knew about this earlier). As I understand it, some of the weekend sessions are for 3 days and others are for 4?
Hi Queenbee - I believe that the institutes will be a long weekend (Thursday - Sunday) one weekend a month. Is it too late for you to apply this year? If you live near Tampa or are in the area for the day I would see if you could schedule a tour or attend one of the OTD info seminars. I was really impressed with the facility and faculty. If you "Like" Nova Southeasterns OTD program on Facebook you can see pictures of the brand new facility. I can't wait for orientation on May18th! Please feel free to ask me any questions. I will be able to answer them better once the program begins. Best of luck to ya! :)

Are there any NSU OTD students on this blog? I created a Facebook group for us - NSU OTD Class of 2015. Send me a msg and I can give you the link. Best of luck to everyone! :)

hello everyone. I saw on the Nova website the natural sci. gpa is 2.5 however I have a 2.1 but my overall gpa and humanities gpa is high. Will the school even look at my app?

Anyone looking into NOVA's Hybrid Program out of Tampa FL? This is what I am working toward. Working on getting everything in line to apply...

It may be me or the way I'm asking the questions but the advisors I talk to when I call aren't very helpful. I have a BSH from UNF here in Jacksonville, FL. I am looking at the pre-reqs required for the OTD program, and I am looking at transcrips trying to compare and contrast. I called NOVA to see what classes were considered social science classes and humanities classes. I just wanted to make sure I have all pre-reqs required! They told me that they don't "evaluate" transcripts until you've applied. Well I don't want to apply if I'm missing something, espically something like a social science class!

Can someone give me some examples of social sciences and humanities classes? I've taken US History 1 & 2, American Govt, World Religions, Health,Law,&Ethics, and Fundamentals of Oral Communication just not sure where these would fall in to place...and I can't get anyone to help me! AHHH! :confused:

how long does it take to review your application and make a decision if they decide to give you a interview or not? I submitted everything and I called them today. they said everything is in and under review status.

how long does it take to review your application and make a decision if they decide to give you a interview or not? I submitted everything and I called them today. they said everything is in and under review status.
My OTCAS was verified and sent on Sept 6, and I got an email for NOVA on Sept 13 inviting me for an interview. My interview is scheduled for Sept 26, hopefully all goes well. Hope this helps.

Hello,

Is anyone applying to Nova's entry-level OTD hybrid program for summer 2013? Also, if there are any currently enrolled students, how has your experience been so far?:) How often do students meet for classes on campus, since the majority of the program is offered online? I've always found the OT profession very fascinating and because I've already completed a master's degree online, not mention working full-time, I figured that this program would be extremely feasible or ideal for me to pursue:) I've just finished completing my OTCAS application and I've noticed that there are very few OT schools, which offer the majority of their programs online that cater fully to the working adult:) Additionally, is anyone attending Nova's open house for the Health Profession's Division being held at the Tampa campus? I've signed up to attend the open house scheduled for Oct. 13, 2012.

Thanks and looking very forward to hearing from currently enrolled or prospective students for the OTD program at NOVA:)

Hi guys-
I just sent my OTCAS application in on 10/1 and I am curious how long it look each of you for the applications to be verified and sent into Nova?

I too applied for the OTD program. I submitted my OTCAS application on Sept 24, I believe and it hasn't been verified yet. I haven't found any information from current students about the OTD program. Good luck :)

Give it up to 3.5 weeks to get verified.

Last edited:
Hey guys i was just wondering if anyone has had an interview and heard anything back? I had mine on 10/4 so its still a little early but I'm going crazy not knowing.

Hey guys i was just wondering if anyone has had an interview and heard anything back? I had mine on 10/4 so its still a little early but I'm going crazy not knowing.
Hey I had my interview the same day and still havn't heard anything