Nova Southeastern University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It takes 2 weeks for them to get back. Good Luck guys! I am currently in the program and I waited 2 weeks last year to hear back. I'm sure you guys are in! From my experience and with other students. If you get an interview from the school then you are most likely in!!

Hey guys i was just wondering if anyone has had an interview and heard anything back? I had mine on 10/4 so its still a little early but I'm going crazy not knowing.

Members don't see this ad.

I just got asked for a phone interview with Nova Southeastern University. I was wondering if you all would able to share any wisdom or experience about the interview process with me.

Members don't see this ad :)
i had my interview on Thursday. it felt more like a conversation. they were really nice. my interview was about 30-45mins long

I haven't heard anything yet, but I contacted admissions last week and they said decisions are currently taking 4-6 weeks after interview. I'm on week four so hopefully hear something soon!

I havent heard anything yet
when I went for my interview they told me they would start reviewing everything this week. Good luck to everyone!

I haven't heard anything for the MOT program. I interviewed on 10/4. Good luck to everyone!! Hopefully, we will hear this week.

Just received my acceptance letter for NOVA's MOT program starting June 2013. Good luck to everyone!

By email. It stated there will be a physical letter by mail to follow with more information.

I also got accepted :)
YAYYY. I'm going to apply to FIU's program in January as well, as it is much cheaper, but I do love Nova.

I was accepted as well! I got a really positive vibe from Nova. It seems like they really have it together. They also offer a trip to Jamaica to work with children once a year!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all of you for getting in!! So exciting;)

I finally just got my email from Nova yesterday asking me to submit my supplemental application. It took OTCAS a whole month to verify my application. Now I need to wait for Nova to *hopefully* ask me for an interview. Nova is my top choice but if I don't get in I will apply to FIU and Barry.

What's the deal with this Jamaica trip? I had an informational interview with them a few months ago and didn't hear a thing about it. Sounds great though.

Hey everyone, congrats on those of you that got accepted! Would you mind sharing your GPA/GRE scores and observation hours?

Well my application was put " on hold for later review" hopefully this is not a death sentence!! I'll be submitting more grades next month and hopefully then I'll get accepted!

i got the email on thursday!

Overall-3.3
Prereq-3.0
Last 60-3.0
1000+ work hours in ot.

I got my interview invitation this week! I have a phone interview on the 15th! I am super excited about the possibility of getting into NOVA
For all who did a phone interview, do you think that it would have helped to fly there in person instead?

I just got accepted to Nova's OTD program for summer 2013! Has anyone else been accepted yet?

How long did it take everyone to receive their supplemental form? I was recently verified on otcas but haven't received any email from NOVA and it's making me really nervous. =/

No need to be nervous. They don't actually review any of your information until the supplemental application has been processed. It took a whole week after my OTCAS were verified before they emailed me the supplemental.

Thanks! My OTCAS was verified almost 10 days ago but I have yet to receive anything. I hope to hear from them soon. Do you know what the supplemental app requires? Does it need official transcripts to be sent out or OT hour verification?

Thanks! My OTCAS was verified almost 10 days ago but I have yet to receive anything. I hope to hear from them soon. Do you know what the supplemental app requires? Does it need official transcripts to be sent out or OT hour verification?

The supplemental app for the masters program is really easy. You just fill out a form with your basic information and pay a fee. For the OTD program you have to fill out the same form, pay the fee, and also write a short essay.

Hi all... So I just got my email with my letter of acceptance today!! :) I am starting in June in the M.O.T. program. It's the only program I wanted so I am 100% going to Nova. Anyone else starting in my class?

Also- best of luck for everyone still going through the application process. I am crossing my fingers for all of you. Message me with questions if anyone has questions about the application process.

I also just received an acceptance email today!

Thanks! How do you like the program?

I really like learning the materials in OT. It's not hard but it's a very intense program because it's grad school and you will always have something to study for. Managing your time is so important. You pretty much have tests almost every week. You will feel overwhelm but that's normal. It's very rewarding after you finish your first real semester ( which is Fall semester they say it's the hardest?) Summer term it's not that bad. My class size is 58 (which i dislike) They over-accepted people thinking not everyone will accept. I learn better in a small class setting of 30 ish people. Good luck to everyone who got accepted. Didn't I mention somewhere that if you hear back for an interview then most likely you are in?

How much do you pay for your living situation? To all who attend NOVA. Where is the best place/neighborhood to look?

Hey guys...I created a facebook group for anyone who is starting in June 2013 for the Nova M.O.T. program. Just go here http://www.facebook.com/groups/298043510316231/ and request for me to add you. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Also, I am still wishing everyone the best of luck that is going through the application process. Fingers crossed for all of you!

Congrats to everyone who got in! I'm still waiting on an interview invite. I hope I get one soon because I'd love to go to Nova. I just submitted my supplemental earlier this week. I'm being hopeful that I'll hear from them before they go on Christmas break.:xf:

How much do you pay for your living situation? To all who attend NOVA. Where is the best place/neighborhood to look?
Best places to look for apartments are Cooper city and Davie, those are closest. For rent you are looking at around $800-1100 for a nice one bedroom. If you google it, look around you may find cheaper. These were the nicest neighborhood that are less than 15 minutes away. Luckily i live only 20 minutes away with my mom, so no apartment hunting for me.

Hey everyone! I received notification today that I was invited for an interview (I waited about a week after submitting my sup. app.) I live in Tampa and was contemplating on doing a phone interview, and wanted to get some opinions on how others phone or in person interviews went. Its a bit of a drive from Tampa but I don't want to seem like I'm uninterested by doing the phone interview rather than making the 3 hour drive.

To be honest, I don't think they care if you interview by phone or in person. They treat all applicants the same. I live in Cali and did the phone interview last year. I asked one of the admission lady if it made any difference if I did it in person and she said it didn't matter. She said it won't make any difference so might as well do it via phone. That's what I think. Based on mine and other people's experience, if you hear back for an interview then most likely you are in :).

Hey everyone! I received notification today that I was invited for an interview (I waited about a week after submitting my sup. app.) I live in Tampa and was contemplating on doing a phone interview, and wanted to get some opinions on how others phone or in person interviews went. Its a bit of a drive from Tampa but I don't want to seem like I'm uninterested by doing the phone interview rather than making the 3 hour drive.

I live in Oregon and did my interview by the phone about a month ago and I was accepted. From what I was told in person or phone doesnt make a difference

Is it really true that if you get an interview request, you will be accepted? Has there been anyone who had an interview but didn't get an acceptance? Also, around how long do they take to notify you after your interview?

I was notified about 1.5 weeks after my interview

Hey all,

I was accepted into Nova's MOT '15 class in November and I am very excited to be a part of the program! I am from Kansas City, so I am unfamiliar with the area regarding housing and such. If anyone has any recommendations, I would really appreciate it. OTCAS has the program start date as May 28th, but I have noticed some of you saying it is in June. I look forward to meeting you all this summer!

Is it really true that if you get an interview request, you will be accepted? Has there been anyone who had an interview but didn't get an acceptance? Also, around how long do they take to notify you after your interview?

Same question here jl:confused::confused:! I hope interview=acceptance:D

Does anyone know what the cost of attendance is for Nova? I'm just would like to have an idea of how much it would be including living expenses.

I believe that tuition is 27,000/yr but I am not sure what the estimated amount is for everything.

Does anyone know what the cost of attendance is for Nova? I'm just would like to have an idea of how much it would be including living expenses.

$26K a year, the year is 2.5 yrs long so I guess you can prorate to be on the safe side (but hope that fieldwork tuition will be less) so about $65K. All of this info is found on their website and is stated to be tuition and fees.

Congrats to everyone who got accepted to start this June! I also got into the Nova MOT program and I'm so excited. I live in Delaware right now and I can't wait to move into the area. I am trying to get a feel for when everyone is moving there- I'm thinking early May to get familiar with Fort Lauderdale. Where is the best place to live/is anyone is looking for roommates?! Good luck to everyone still in the application process! So excited to meet the new class :laugh:

Congrats to everyone who got accepted to start this June! I also got into the Nova MOT program and I'm so excited. I live in Delaware right now and I can't wait to move into the area. I am trying to get a feel for when everyone is moving there- I'm thinking early May to get familiar with Fort Lauderdale. Where is the best place to live/is anyone is looking for roommates?! Good luck to everyone still in the application process! So excited to meet the new class :laugh:

Congrats on your acceptance.

Congrats MeganOT on your acceptance, can I ask when you heard back from NOVA?

Thanks OThopeful07, are you accepted as well? I interviewed in person on November 28th and I got my acceptance letter via email on Decemeber 10th. Good luck!

One of the other people who will be in our class made it. It is just for the incoming class for us to share info with each other etc. One of the girls is from that area and she has had some good insight on places to live and what not.