This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

a_flei

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was officially accepted at Touro California and waitlisted at Nova Southeastern. I am considering sending a letter of intent to Nova in the coming days but would appreciate any insight into this decision. I am from California, but most of my connections do not live there anymore. The campus at Nova was clearly far superior, and I believe residency opportunities may be better through nova. However, I would likely prefer to live in California down the road.

Does anyone have any further insight into either or both of these schools? It would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I was officially accepted at Touro California and waitlisted at Nova Southeastern. I am considering sending a letter of intent to Nova in the coming days but would appreciate any insight into this decision. I am from California, but most of my connections do not live there anymore. The campus at Nova was clearly far superior, and I believe residency opportunities may be better through nova. However, I would likely prefer to live in California down the road.

Then wouldn't going to school in Cali make this easier?

Maybe, but I honestly don't know how much an effect medical school location has on practice location.

Maybe, but I honestly don't know how much an effect medical school location has on practice location.

Medical School location >>> residency location >>> practice location? You're not locked down in a region/location ever; of course you can practice wherever in the States. However, I can only imagine that having a Cali residency would make it easier to practice in CA.

Congrats on your acceptance and go wherever you feel more comfortable!

Reactions: 1 user