NOVA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biowoman

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, what is the dress code at Nova? I haven't heard anything about that before. Thanks!

Kelly

Members don't see this ad.

Kelly,

Yes, Nova has a dress code, but from what I've experienced (I'm an M1), it is rarely enforced, if at all. Men must wear a shirt and tie; and women can pretty much wear anything that looks decent, so there is tremendous leeway. OR, both men and women can choose to wear scrubs instead of the aforementioned. 90% of the student body wears scrubs every day. (It's just easier, especially in the Florida climate. But every once and awhile it's nice to throw on a shirt and tie.) In addition, both men and women must wear or carry their white coat.

I've read posts from others saying they didn't consider Nova because of the dress code. That is ridiculous! It really is not a big deal.

Good luck with your future medical career. Feel free to post any more questions about Nova.
-spiderman

I interviewed at Nova two weeks ago, how much longer before I hear something? I was told it would take about 2 weeks, and with Christmas mail I'm sure it's even longer. Running to the mailbox every day is driving me crazy!!! Is it true that if you get a certified letter you are in, and if you get a letter by normal mail, too bad? Thanks for your answers in advance.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know what you're going through, waiting for the mail is tortuous. I forget how long it was after my interview that I received news, I want to say about 3 weeks. I received my acceptance letter via certified mail. As far as regular mail, I can't really comment regarding what that letter may say.

Try not to think about the mail, stay busy, be positive and good luck!

SPIDERMAN:

could you please give me your email address(or email me) so i can ask specific ?'s about NOVA?

I think it took between 2-3 weeks to get a letter from them. I suppose is just depends on when the admissions people meet again, or when they get things started back up from the holidays.