1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

NOVA

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by biowoman, Dec 23, 2000.

1. biowoman

biowoman Junior Member

Just out of curiosity, what is the dress code at Nova? I haven't heard anything about that before. Thanks!

Kelly

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. spiderman

spiderman Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

Kelly,

Yes, Nova has a dress code, but from what I've experienced (I'm an M1), it is rarely enforced, if at all. Men must wear a shirt and tie; and women can pretty much wear anything that looks decent, so there is tremendous leeway. OR, both men and women can choose to wear scrubs instead of the aforementioned. 90% of the student body wears scrubs every day. (It's just easier, especially in the Florida climate. But every once and awhile it's nice to throw on a shirt and tie.) In addition, both men and women must wear or carry their white coat.

I've read posts from others saying they didn't consider Nova because of the dress code. That is ridiculous! It really is not a big deal.

Good luck with your future medical career. Feel free to post any more questions about Nova.
    -spiderman

4. kc2doc

kc2doc Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I interviewed at Nova two weeks ago, how much longer before I hear something? I was told it would take about 2 weeks, and with Christmas mail I'm sure it's even longer. Running to the mailbox every day is driving me crazy!!! Is it true that if you get a certified letter you are in, and if you get a letter by normal mail, too bad? Thanks for your answers in advance.

5. spiderman

spiderman Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I know what you're going through, waiting for the mail is tortuous. I forget how long it was after my interview that I received news, I want to say about 3 weeks. I received my acceptance letter via certified mail. As far as regular mail, I can't really comment regarding what that letter may say.

Try not to think about the mail, stay busy, be positive and good luck!

6. jscottc33

jscottc33 Member
    10+ Year Member

SPIDERMAN:

could you please give me your email address(or email me) so i can ask specific ?'s about NOVA?

7. RollTide

RollTide Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I think it took between 2-3 weeks to get a letter from them. I suppose is just depends on when the admissions people meet again, or when they get things started back up from the holidays.