Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pharmboi were u at the Nov. 4 LECOM interview?

Members don't see this ad.

hey, yea I was the one from FIU...wow congrats! you got into both schools, thats great :) I'm most probably going to go to Nova. As for the probation status, I think that'll be solved, all Nova needs to do is higher more teachers, and that shouldn't be so hard to do since its Pharmacy School is so well known. What about you, what did you decide?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey, yea I was the one from FIU...wow congrats! you got into both schools, thats great :) I'm most probably going to go to Nova. As for the probation status, I think that'll be solved, all Nova needs to do is higher more teachers, and that shouldn't be so hard to do since its Pharmacy School is so well known. What about you, what did you decide?

Or they can reduce class size which is gonna affect future incoming students.

Right now im leaning towards lecom..but who knows

I had an interview on feb10th. haven't heard from them yet, they said last commitee meeting was on feb 5th, so, I have to wait 4-6 weeks for their next meeting. :xf: i am really want to get in nova. UF called me yesterday. because my toefl score is low: 85. however, Dr makanzee asked me the pharmacy interveiw questions right on the phone. sure enough, I don't think my answer impress him. so said good bye to UF. :( :bang:crying......

Hello,
Does anyone apply to NOVA as an international student and if so are you guys required to show proof of TOEFL exam. thanks

I was just wondering if anyone heard back yet from Nova yet... I had an interview Feb. 9th and I am still waiting. This is only the 4th week but if anyone hears back let me know..so I know when to expect my letter..
:xf: :shrug: :xf:

I was just wondering if anyone heard back yet from Nova yet... I had an interview Feb. 9th and I am still waiting. This is only the 4th week but if anyone hears back let me know..so I know when to expect my letter..

interviewed jan 14th.. still haven't heard either :confused:

I got my letter from Nova today. they placed on the alternate list. Is it the same thing as being on the waitlist..or is it another term for rejection??i'm kidna confused now~

interviewed jan 14th.. still haven't heard either :confused:

Hey,I'm in the same boat ... still haven't heard anything yet ... I'm going to email Jessie Sutton on Monday ( I hope she reponds!) I'm still hopeful though lol!

Last edited:
Hey,I'm in the same boat ... still haven't heard anything yet ... I'm going to email Jessie Sutton on Monday ( I hope she reponds!) I'm still hopeful though lol!

I've emailed her a couple times with no response. If I don't hear by weds i'm gonna call. This is taking waaay too long!

I interviewed Feb. 9th as well and still haven't heard anything...

Members don't see this ad :)
wow Krista..thats crazy..you interviewed Jan 14th! I was hoping to hear something by 5-6 weeks. Apparently not. I wonder if it is taking longer now because they are coming close to the end of interviews..hope that is not bad for us because from other posts Ive read, many got responses 5-6 weeks after. One of my interviewers said about 4 weeks ( and come to find out that he was the director???) He also said they make all final selections at the end of April ( but this doesn't count waitlisters that they may call up to the day before class) :confused:

so from reading the interview feedback it seems as if NSU is rather invasive with their questions. i know that it is an open file interview but some of the questions seem very irrelevant to what you will bring to their school or their concern about your character and values as a person. why do they need to know why you applied to a certain school other than theirs? why do they ask questions that are so forward and sound condescending such as "as you said in the previous question, nova is very good, why should we pick you?" i understand if they ask why should we pick you but it sounds a little arrogant they way they presented it. couldn't they have posed a question like what are your strengths and what would you bring to our school that would make you a candidate for acceptance? that way they would at least learn something from you rather than leave you sitting there with a bad taste in your mouth. i have also seen that many of the interviewees have expressed their feelings on how they feel that the staff treated them like they were a waste of their time or weren't good enough for them. these reviews have upset me quite a bit. i had high hopes about my interview on march 10th and now i'm starting to second guess my decision to spend so much money on it. i hope that the feedback posted were just from individuals who did poorly during their interviews and were just expressing their frustrations.

however, all hope is not lost... help me out here.. can anyone tell me about their experiences either as an interviewee or as a student? (likes and dislikes) please be as unbiased as possible. if you love the school and will likely be attending upon acceptance, are there any instances in which what i have said might be true or are you experiences completely opposite? did anyone feel a sense of unprofessionalism from the staff as people have posted in the feedback section? are the facilities as dilapidated as some say? i don't want to walk into my interview with a sense of prejudice. i'm concerned. any input is greatly valued.

so from reading the interview feedback it seems as if NSU is rather invasive with their questions. i know that it is an open file interview but some of the questions seem very irrelevant to what you will bring to their school or their concern about your character and values as a person. why do they need to know why you applied to a certain school other than theirs? why do they ask questions that are so forward and sound condescending such as "as you said in the previous question, nova is very good, why should we pick you?" i understand if they ask why should we pick you but it sounds a little arrogant they way they presented it. couldn't they have posed a question like what are your strengths and what would you bring to our school that would make you a candidate for acceptance? that way they would at least learn something from you rather than leave you sitting there with a bad taste in your mouth. i have also seen that many of the interviewees have expressed their feelings on how they feel that the staff treated them like they were a waste of their time or weren't good enough for them. these reviews have upset me quite a bit. i had high hopes about my interview on march 10th and now i'm starting to second guess my decision to spend so much money on it. i hope that the feedback posted were just from individuals who did poorly during their interviews and were just expressing their frustrations.

however, all hope is not lost... help me out here.. can anyone tell me about their experiences either as an interviewee or as a student? (likes and dislikes) please be as unbiased as possible. if you love the school and will likely be attending upon acceptance, are there any instances in which what i have said might be true or are you experiences completely opposite? did anyone feel a sense of unprofessionalism from the staff as people have posted in the feedback section? are the facilities as dilapidated as some say? i don't want to walk into my interview with a sense of prejudice. i'm concerned. any input is greatly valued.

i thought that the main campus is quite lovely. The interview day will consist of a short tour and then the interview itself. There is no presentation by anyone from the admissions office or any type of introduction (which I felt lead to a disorganized feel).

I don't believe that the interviewers were rude or unprofessional. It seemed very straightforward and they will/do pick on your weak points as indicated by your application. Although some people might not like this, I used it to point out the changes I have made and the improvements I have made to my file. I don't think they are being "snobby" but rather trying to exude the sense that pharmacy school will be challenging.

For me, I interviewed on the 18th and other interviews (dental, optometry) were also held the same day. The other programs seemed to be orderly with someone from the admission's office coming out to greet and introduce themselves. Compared to the other schools that I've interviewed at, NOVA's interview day felt more disorganized.

i thought that the main campus is quite lovely. The interview day will consist of a short tour and then the interview itself. There is no presentation by anyone from the admissions office or any type of introduction (which I felt lead to a disorganized feel).

I don't believe that the interviewers were rude or unprofessional. It seemed very straightforward and they will/do pick on your weak points as indicated by your application. Although some people might not like this, I used it to point out the changes I have made and the improvements I have made to my file. I don't think they are being "snobby" but rather trying to exude the sense that pharmacy school will be challenging.

For me, I interviewed on the 18th and other interviews (dental, optometry) were also held the same day. The other programs seemed to be orderly with someone from the admission's office coming out to greet and introduce themselves. Compared to the other schools that I've interviewed at, NOVA's interview day felt more disorganized.

The way Nova picks at a person's strength and weaknesses may very well reflect career interviews you may end up facing. It's good to remember to keep our emotions in check and answer the question to the best of our abilities.

I got my acceptance letter today!!!!!!!! I'm sooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

As far as the interview went- I didn't think the questions were invasive at all, I thought the interview there was actually really nice and laid back. I didn't feel attacked at all. (I've only interviewed at Nova and St. John Fisher) but compared to St. John Fisher, Nova was a piece of cake.

From my personal experience, the West Palm Beach Campus is dilapidated and needs renovating (especially for the high cost of tuition!), however, I hear the main campus in Davie is beautiful so you should try to go there. I only met 3 staff members (one greeted us, two interviewed me) and they were very nice and professional. The interview is open file so know your essays and yourself very well, because they will nitpick everything you wrote in your essay. Be honest because they will know if you are telling a half-truth, and they will question your responses if they feel you are being dishonest or giving them "fluff." My interview went very well until I became over confident and became cocky. Be confident but NOT cocky. (Sometimes I can't help it:rolleyes:) If I would have kept my mouth shut it would have been fine... Just stick to answering their questions, keep it short and simple.

Overall Nova went down a notch for me, mainly because of the price, my interview experience, and the negative comments left by their own students. Plus, Nova is currently very short-staffed and have a "probation status" with the AACP. Logic tells you, the negatives far outway the positives here. All these reasons have culminated into me looking elsewhere for my professional education. But at the risk of being biased, I have worked with several Nova pharmacists who have said good things about their program, I guess it was better back then, once they fix the probation status I think they can be really great again. I hope they recover and everyone who is accepted has a great experience.

Last edited:
I got my acceptance letter today!!!!!!!! I'm sooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

As far as the interview went- I didn't think the questions were invasive at all, I thought the interview there was actually really nice and laid back. I didn't feel attacked at all. (I've only interviewed at Nova and St. John Fisher) but compared to St. John Fisher, Nova was a piece of cake.

Kristaaaa Congratzzzz on your acceptance...really happy for you..looking forward to seeing you in August, btw do you know when Nova starts? Anyways I also thought the interview at Nova went well. Doctor Semen and Dr. Lang (I believe) interviewed us. They were wonderful people and immensely nice. When I got in I was a little nervous because I too had heard lots of negative things from other applicants who interviewed at Nova, but they really made me feel at ease, and their questions were all from my application. However they do ask you stuff like why did you do so poorly here or like how do we know you'll be a thriving student at Nova etc etc. I love the campus, and yes they weren't all that timely, but the pharm students showing us around were great along with the interviewers. I also interviewed at LECOM-B, and I think they're interview process was a little more difficult then Nova's. However, LECOM's staff is absolutely amazing. I guess it all depends on whose interviewing you.

Omg Krista! Congrats!!! I’m so happy for you!!!! :D Me on the other hand … I’ll have to wait some more hahaha! I actually got a phone call from nova today … they said that the post office returned “ something” back to them saying my address was “ non-existent” and they just wanted to double check and see if I had written the correct address (which I did …). Seriously now, this could only happen to me !!!! who knows how long it will be before I find out now lol!!!

Omg Krista! Congrats!!! I’m so happy for you!!!! :D Me on the other hand … I’ll have to wait some more hahaha! I actually got a phone call from nova today … they said that the post office returned “ something” back to them saying my address was “ non-existent” and they just wanted to double check and see if I had written the correct address (which I did …). Seriously now, this could only happen to me !!!! who knows how long it will be before I find out now lol!!!
Who called you? I haven't received anything yet

Who called you? I haven't received anything yet

Well it wasn't Jessie Sutton lol! I believe it was someone from the administration office (a guy) I knew it was nova because i have their number saved on my phone. He just asked for my address again and told me they would re-send my "letter" ... oh boy talk about more stress! :scared:

Did you send all the registration payments already?, also did you guys received any other notification like when to start the FAFSA application or anything like that?:confused:

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post. All of your responses were very helpful and insightful. It seems as if there are still some mixed feelings about the process but overall I think I am better prepared for what I'm about to experience thanks to you all. I understand that the school is selective about the students they wish to accept and only want to ensure that they are choosing the best to represent them. I only posed the questions because of all of the feedback threads I reviewed, NSU's stood out in technique such as how they inquired information and it seemed they were more concerned about the imperfections of your application as opposed to who you are off paper. However, I feel more confident now about attending the interview and look forward to it. Thanks again to everyone who gave me some perspective and good luck and congratulations to those applying and have been accepted.

Well it wasn't Jessie Sutton lol! I believe it was someone from the administration office (a guy) I knew it was nova because i have their number saved on my phone. He just asked for my address again and told me they would re-send my "letter" ... oh boy talk about more stress! :scared:

YAY Thanks!!! I bet you got in!!! If your mail is that important that they are calling its probably because it's certified which means you got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited let me know when you get your letter!!! :xf::xf:

Also if anyone is interested there is a facebook page for Nova Pharmacy Class of 2013, I just joined!

If any accepted student wants some information on the first semester at Nova, feel free to pm me. I must warn you that I am not on here often but will try to answer your questions when I can.

Hi I heard that Nova University is on probation. Any news abt this? What happens if any university is on probation?

I got an interview call from Nova and I am wondering if there is any essay thing on interview date??????

HI WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY PROBATION STATUS. Does this have any affect on our degrees????

Probation is a warning, if nova does not fix the problem, they might lose thier accreditation.

Congrats to future P1. I will see you in this AUG.

Yes. I had 2 interviewers who seemed rather skeptical. I simply answered their questions and added how much I was interested in the pharmacy program at NOVA and why. I was left with doubt after speaking with them and was sort of confused. The other interviewee asked me how it went and all I could answer was that I didn't know. Maybe they are testing how you handle situations and if you can take control of the situation. ?

Also, they told me it would take 4-8 weeks to get a response from the admission committee.

Krista..it is awesome news that you are in!!! All that time waiting was finally worth it. Are you PBG or Lauderdale?
iLYNSU..don't worry..Krista is right. If they are going to go through all that trouble to contact you for a correct address then it has to be good..and since it was ( I think) the same day as Krista then it's probably an acceptance letter..:xf: ...but OMG talk about driving you crazy waiting for it..its like they are teasing you (hahaha :confused:) I think I will die if that happens to me.
Scikotic keep me updated about your letter..and I will the same.. because since we interviewed the same day chances are that we'll hear back at the same time.
I hope that they are sending all of ours out in the same batch so I will get something soon..

Krista..it is awesome news that you are in!!! All that time waiting was finally worth it. Are you PBG or Lauderdale?
iLYNSU..don't worry..Krista is right. If they are going to go through all that trouble to contact you for a correct address then it has to be good..and since it was ( I think) the same day as Krista then it's probably an acceptance letter..:xf: ...but OMG talk about driving you crazy waiting for it..its like they are teasing you (hahaha :confused:) I think I will die if that happens to me.
Scikotic keep me updated about your letter..and I will the same.. because since we interviewed the same day chances are that we'll hear back at the same time.
I hope that they are sending all of ours out in the same batch so I will get something soon..

Thanks!! I'm going to be at Ft. Lauderdale, I loved the campus its sooo beautiful! I'm sure you will hear back soon. I feel like the meet at the beginning of the month to decide. My letter was dated feb. 16 and then there was a second letter telling me that i still need to take 2 more classes that was dated feb 23.... and it didn't get to my house till 3/2- I would think you will hear before April so hang in there!! :xf:

I got my letter!!!!! I GOT ACCEPTED!!! Ahhhhhhhh !!!! omg!!!!
:biglove: :biglove: :biglove: :biglove: :biglove: :biglove:

I feel like my excitement was cut short though … I know nova is my first choice but now im really freaking out!!!!! What if they don’t get their accreditation? If nova got accredited I’d go there … I think its an amazing school … but what if they don’t … I have the opportunity of going to either LECOM or NOVA … I guess I’ll have to wait till June now lol!

Thanks to everyone who responded to my post. All of your responses were very helpful and insightful. It seems as if there are still some mixed feelings about the process but overall I think I am better prepared for what I'm about to experience thanks to you all. I understand that the school is selective about the students they wish to accept and only want to ensure that they are choosing the best to represent them. I only posed the questions because of all of the feedback threads I reviewed, NSU's stood out in technique such as how they inquired information and it seemed they were more concerned about the imperfections of your application as opposed to who you are off paper. However, I feel more confident now about attending the interview and look forward to it. Thanks again to everyone who gave me some perspective and good luck and congratulations to those applying and have been accepted.

I'm graduating from Nova in may 2009.I wish you good luck in your interview.I would tell you that many of the things I read here are personal experiences .I was a diligente,dedicated student and I think I've learned what I need to go into the profession.My professors were incredibly well prepared and dedicated.One thing that has changed.I don't know why faculty members have been leaving Nova.I encourage you to go to their website and read the CVs of their current faculty.In my rotations I've been with students from others schools.I can perceive that I'm very well prepared,just using what I've learned.Regarding the probation status,I contacted them and they assured me that it's going to be resolved.I would look carefully into it if I were starting this year.Best luck to you.

I feel like my excitement was cut short though … I know nova is my first choice but now im really freaking out!!!!! What if they don’t get their accreditation? If nova got accredited I’d go there … I think its an amazing school … but what if they don’t … I have the opportunity of going to either LECOM or NOVA … I guess I’ll have to wait till June now lol!

AHHHH!! CONGRATS!! i'm sooo happy we all got accepted!!!! I think you should come to Nova!! I feel confidant they will figure out the probation status. How was LECOM? I turned down my interview because of my acceptance to Nova and because I HATE to fly hahaha SOOOOO excited!! :):)

AHHHH!! CONGRATS!! i'm sooo happy we all got accepted!!!! I think you should come to Nova!! I feel confidant they will figure out the probation status. How was LECOM? I turned down my interview because of my acceptance to Nova and because I HATE to fly hahaha SOOOOO excited!! :):)

Thank you!!! Omg yea me too … I think they’ll have to figure something out …. It’s a very well known school … and it will look really bad for the entire health profession division if they do lose their accreditation …. either way ive decided to submit my deposit and secure my spot at nova … if something happens after june when they get inspected … I’ll still have LECOM. It’s a great school, the interview was fun and the administration/faculty were amazing, however moving to Bradenton would be extremely out of my way at this point. Anyways … Im excited as well … I can’t wait to start! hope to see both of you this august!!!!

Anyone have suggestions for apartment complexes near the Davie campus?? I've looked at some places online near campus, but there's a lot of feedback online about gated communities getting robbed and cars vandalized all the time.- in particular "The Palms" and "Palm Trace Landing" I've heard- which surprises me because I would think that the area near campus would be relatively safe to live. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it! :cool:

A Big Congratulations to you ilyNSU =) I'm soo Happpy for you...we all got in...how good is that! hahah...I still haven't sent in my deposit lol I better get on the ball and do so...Also I haven't rejected LECOM yet, but if Nova doesn't get approved I'll prob go to LECOM as well, however should I wait till end of June to reject LECOM? btw are you going to the meet and greet event LECOM's having on March 21?

Nor sure if anyone else has posted or seen this: I copy and pasted it from Pharmcas: regarding Nova's probation status

PROBATION
The accreditation status of probation is given to a program of a college or school of pharmacy that has been accredited and is subsequently determined to be in noncompliance with a standard or standards. Graduates of a program that has been placed in a probationary status retain all rights and privileges associated with accreditation status. A program in probationary status reflects a diminished status and presents serious concern. Adverse action, defined as withdrawal or denial of an accreditation status, will be taken if a college or school fails to bring the program into compliance within the time period specified by the Council; such time period shall not exceed two years and may be extended only for good cause

Thank you! I’m excited as well. However, I’m still pretty concerned about nova’s probation status. My plan is to secure my spot at nova and just wait till June and see what happens. I already sent in my deposit for LECOM so my spot is saved there. If something does happen and nova loses their accreditation I will definitely go to LECOM. I don’t know how long I can hold a spot at LECOM though. I’m guessing I can wait till the week before class starts if all else fails lol! I’m currently in the process of getting more information about nova’s status. Since I’m always on campus, I’m going to try and pass by the HPD office and speak with someone there. Everyone keeps telling me that “ Nova cannot afford to lose their accreditation…” so now I’m just waiting … more waiting! Lol I hope that we actually get some news after the ACPE inspects the school in June, because from what I know the probation status can last up too 2 years and honestly I wouldn’t want to risk my degree. As for the LECOM “meet and greet” event, I really cannot attend since it will be a 3-4 hour drive and I usually work weekends (I really need the cash lol!) Let me know what you think!

A Big Congratulations to you ilyNSU =) I'm soo Happpy for you...we all got in...how good is that! hahah...I still haven't sent in my deposit lol I better get on the ball and do so...Also I haven't rejected LECOM yet, but if Nova doesn't get approved I'll prob go to LECOM as well, however should I wait till end of June to reject LECOM? btw are you going to the meet and greet event LECOM's having on March 21?

same boat as you xgiggles and ilynsu, but im most likely goin to LECOM, i doubt nova will ever lose its accreditation, they are the oldest pharmacy school in south florida so they are well known.

I was accepted yesterday!!!!!:soexcited::clap::soexcited::clap:

I am looking forward to meet you all!! :hello:

I was accepted yesterday!!!!!:soexcited::clap::soexcited::clap:

I am looking forward to meet you all!! :hello:

congrats! I am just wondering when did you interview? My interview wasn't until march 5 and i am trying to figure out when I will hear if I got accepted or not?

congrats! I am just wondering when did you interview? My interview wasn't until march 5 and i am trying to figure out when I will hear if I got accepted or not?

My interview was in early January....they just took forever to put together my decision letter

Hey guys ! I got a NOVA interview on the 18th and I'm kind of worried about the spots they got left. From what I've seen almost everyone has gotten in and I got like the last interview date. Anyone got any ideas???:confused: I'm freaking out here 'cuz NOVA is my first choice, however, I didn't know about the accreditation status. I had my LECOM interview yesterday and I absolutely loved the program!!!!
I wanna go to NOVA though....please help me ! Also, any advice for the interview date? I guess it will be even more competitive since we're fighting for the last seats, if not for the waitlist spots.

Thanks !

I'm a P1 student at Nova, and they have assured us that the accreditation problem will be resolved. They just need to hire more teachers. We just got 2 new teachers within the past 2 weeks so I know that they are addressing this problem. I was originally accepted to Lecom and Nova, and I am very happy that I chose Nova. It is a great school, and I love the learning environment here. The campus is beautiful, and its convenient to be able to ride my bike to school year round.