now that the acceptance is in...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virilep

What can Brown do for u?
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that I don't have to worry about getting in... I have to figure out what to do with my life. I applied for substitute teaching positions at the local schools and I'm planning a trip to Europe with 2 of my friends during the summer. Anyone else have any wacky ideas? nothing too off the wall but reasonable. I am starting to read a list of books I made a while back and going through each one and I have a guitar that has collected dust for a while now. Just wondering what you guys thought.

Members don't see this ad.

I just ordered a ton of books by Alison Weir (the historian). I'm planning on enjoying them. I will also be backpacking on the island of Hawaii for several months this spring and summer. Hmmmm...what else? Just enjoying life, etc...I wish I could afford more travelling, but I don't think I can. Right now I am really enjoying my job, actually. I've been working 40-60 hours a week (with mentally ill adults). :cool:

anybody know anything about doing a summer research fellowship the summer before you start med schoo?

Members don't see this ad :)
Working, banking some money to reduce loans perhaps?

I'm also spending my time reading lots of books I've been wanting to read but never got around to... I thought a bit about getting a job or reviewing some anatomy before med school but then I thought - I'm never going to have a life again after I start med school so, why bother working hard before med school begins? :D

G'luck with everything people... Isn't it just so nice to know you've finally made it?

I've been substitute teaching and tutoring on the side. I swear that subbing has to be the easiest way to earn money, and they never care when you take time off.
I'm going to Hong Kong for a week in the spring and going on a cruise to Mexico. I thought I was supposed to be saving money, but it's so much more fun to spend it.
I resumed piano playing and played for my cousin's wedding last week. I'll also be playing for my sister's wedding next year.
And of course I have a list of books to read also, Les Miserables being at the top of that list right now. Throw in card-making, cross-stitching, and spending time with family because I live in the same state as them again, I don't know how I really have time for anything else.

I just got in to NYCOM. And now I can finish reading all those books that I have collected over the years. I plan to work untill 2nd week of July. Then I am taking off to volunteer in Belize, for Rotary International, teaching math and science.
Good luck all. We have come a long way, from undergrad classes to med school.

Doc2B-Finally said:
I just got in to NYCOM. And now I can finish reading all those books that I have collected over the years. I plan to work untill 2nd week of July. Then I am taking off to volunteer in Belize, for Rotary International, teaching math and science.
Good luck all. We have come a long way, from undergrad classes to med school.

Congratulations...I'm actually surprised at how happy I am when people get accepted...especially reapplicants!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

virilep said:
Now that I don't have to worry about getting in... I have to figure out what to do with my life. I applied for substitute teaching positions at the local schools and I'm planning a trip to Europe with 2 of my friends during the summer. Anyone else have any wacky ideas? nothing too off the wall but reasonable. I am starting to read a list of books I made a while back and going through each one and I have a guitar that has collected dust for a while now. Just wondering what you guys thought.

Substitute teacher?! ahhhhhhh that is so cool! it look like i'm going to reapply to med school and will probably be looking for a job. I've always love teaching and a substitute teacher position is so ideal! can you tell me what you need to qualify? I am extremely interested. thanks

well where i live, you need like 60 undergrad hours, and pay is based on your hours, but thas the only requirement we have. it's cool. check into it. just contact the local board of education. gluck!