1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

NPR show: Live from UC Davis

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by egghead115, Feb 24, 2007.

1. egghead115

2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    Here's a great link to a NPR radio broadcast recorded last fall at UC Davis' School of Vet Med:

http://www.kqed.org/epArchive/R611290900

Live from UC Davis: Veterinary Medicine's Evolving Role in Medical Science

Forum assesses the education of veterinarians and examines how veterinary science increasingly contributes to other fields of research. Also, a look at how the nationwide shortage of veterinarians affects the profession.
    Host: Michael Krasny
    Guests:
    [​IMG]Bennie Osburn, dean of the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine [​IMG]Bradford Smith, director of the Early Veterinary Student Bovine Experience Program, associate dean for clinical programs, and director of the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital at UC Davis [​IMG]Dr. Andrew Maccabe, associate executive director of the Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges [​IMG]Jessica Reitz, student at the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine [​IMG]Richard Breitmeyer, California State Veterinarian at the California Department of Food and Agriculture

This show is also available on itunes as a free podcast. Search under "KQED Forum"

2. Capella

Capella OK-State 2011
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Cool link. Thanks egghead.:cool:

3. CookieBear

5+ Year Member

Veterinarian
    Yes, it was good. I listened to it as well. Not alot of news to me, although, the fact that there will be such a huge shortage of ratio [vets to population] and ratio [vet schools to population] in the future is scary.

Lotsa big bucks are going to be needed to fix that problem! I think they mentioned the year 2040 for the projected shortage, etc.