NPR show: Live from UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

egghead115

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's a great link to a NPR radio broadcast recorded last fall at UC Davis' School of Vet Med:

http://www.kqed.org/epArchive/R611290900

Live from UC Davis: Veterinary Medicine's Evolving Role in Medical Science

Forum assesses the education of veterinarians and examines how veterinary science increasingly contributes to other fields of research. Also, a look at how the nationwide shortage of veterinarians affects the profession.
Host: Michael Krasny
Guests:
list-bullet.gif
Bennie Osburn, dean of the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine
list-bullet.gif
Bradford Smith, director of the Early Veterinary Student Bovine Experience Program, associate dean for clinical programs, and director of the Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital at UC Davis
list-bullet.gif
Dr. Andrew Maccabe, associate executive director of the Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges
list-bullet.gif
Jessica Reitz, student at the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine
list-bullet.gif
Richard Breitmeyer, California State Veterinarian at the California Department of Food and Agriculture

This show is also available on itunes as a free podcast. Search under "KQED Forum"

Members don't see this ad.

Cool link. Thanks egghead.:cool:

Yes, it was good. I listened to it as well. Not alot of news to me, although, the fact that there will be such a huge shortage of ratio [vets to population] and ratio [vet schools to population] in the future is scary.

Lotsa big bucks are going to be needed to fix that problem! I think they mentioned the year 2040 for the projected shortage, etc.