You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
UC Davis 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Did someone decline their admission? Maybe I was on the waitlist?
skunker07
Full Member
I've heard of this happening last year.. It's a real acceptance! CONGRATSDid someone decline their admission? Maybe I was on the waitlist?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I feel like I can’t believe it until I hear a verbal?? What if it’s a mistake?
I've heard of this happening last year.. It's a real acceptance! CONGRA
CeeGee14
U.C Davis c/o 2029
It’s a special moment, yes. It’s also tortuous watching it go down live on SDN. I was sitting on pins and needles when the first acceptance post was made.Did not apply to UC Davis-- but wanted to chime in to say congrats and also that I LOVE that they do phone calls, I had no idea! What a special moment!
CeeGee14
U.C Davis c/o 2029
When did UC Davis update their physics requirement? I swear when I looked at it earlier in the cycle, it didn't say the physics requirement had to be trig or calc based.
Edit: I crawled through the Wayback Machine to check if I was tripping about the physics requirement and as of December 31 2024, their physics requirement didn't have to be calc or trig based. The prerequisite website was updated on January 24, 2025. I was about to freak out because my physics requirement is algebra based and I don't have time to retake two semesters worth of physics. I'm gonna email UC Davis to double check about the physics requirement so I can sleep at night.
Edit: I crawled through the Wayback Machine to check if I was tripping about the physics requirement and as of December 31 2024, their physics requirement didn't have to be calc or trig based. The prerequisite website was updated on January 24, 2025. I was about to freak out because my physics requirement is algebra based and I don't have time to retake two semesters worth of physics. I'm gonna email UC Davis to double check about the physics requirement so I can sleep at night.
Last edited:
That might be for the next cycle, hopefullyWhen did UC Davis update their physics requirement? I swear when I looked at it earlier in the cycle, it didn't say the physics requirement had to be trig or calc based.
Edit: I crawled through the Wayback Machine to check if I was tripping about the physics requirement and as of December 31 2024, their physics requirement didn't have to be calc or trig based. The prerequisite website was updated on January 24, 2025. I was about to freak out because my physics requirement is algebra based and I don't have time to retake two semesters worth of physics. I'm gonna email UC Davis to double check about the physics requirement so I can sleep at night.
Please report back though!!
Hi! What supplies etc. do you recommend for purchase before school starts?
Hi, congrats to everyone who got accepted!! I'm a current second year at Davis, and if anyone has any questions, I'm happy to answer them! I was an OOS student so I can also help with that perspective.
CeeGee14
U.C Davis c/o 2029
So I got a message back and it's honestly kinda confusing. They said, "It is not a new requirement. It was, however, recently added on the page you note since it didn't seem to be obvious or prevalent to some based on UCD equivalencies."When did UC Davis update their physics requirement? I swear when I looked at it earlier in the cycle, it didn't say the physics requirement had to be trig or calc based.
Edit: I crawled through the Wayback Machine to check if I was tripping about the physics requirement and as of December 31 2024, their physics requirement didn't have to be calc or trig based. The prerequisite website was updated on January 24, 2025. I was about to freak out because my physics requirement is algebra based and I don't have time to retake two semesters worth of physics. I'm gonna email UC Davis to double check about the physics requirement so I can sleep at night.
What isn't a new requirement? The physics in general or the trig/calc based physics? The prereq description on their website never explicitly stated that the physics requirement had to be trig/calc based. If anything, the description more closely matched the course description for my algebra-based physics classes. Have any other admitted students taken trig/calc based physics?
I dont think theres anything to worry about. I think they mean that the trig/calc based physics isnt a new requirement. Algebra based physics also incorporates some trig so maybe thats what it is referring to? Anyway the physics that prevets take at UC Davis is algebra based which is obviously still accepted per their website, so i think we should be fine.So I got a message back and it's honestly kinda confusing. They said, "It is not a new requirement. It was, however, recently added on the page you note since it didn't seem to be obvious or prevalent to some based on UCD equivalencies."
What isn't a new requirement? The physics in general or the trig/calc based physics? The prereq description on their website never explicitly stated that the physics requirement had to be trig/calc based. If anything, the description more closely matched the course description for my algebra-based physics classes. Have any other admitted students taken trig/calc based physics?
CeeGee14
U.C Davis c/o 2029
Oh thank god. Nearly gave me a heart attack, UC Davis. Thank you so much for the response. I legit was about to stay awake all night thinking I had screwed myself over.I dont think theres anything to worry about. I think they mean that the trig/calc based physics isnt a new requirement. Algebra based physics also incorporates some trig so maybe thats what it is referring to? Anyway the physics that prevets take at UC Davis is algebra based which is obviously still accepted per their website, so i think we should be fine.
yes I can confirm the physics at UC Davis undergrad is algebra-based, which is listed as UCD SVM prerequ.I dont think theres anything to worry about. I think they mean that the trig/calc based physics isnt a new requirement. Algebra based physics also incorporates some trig so maybe thats what it is referring to? Anyway the physics that prevets take at UC Davis is algebra based which is obviously still accepted per their website, so i think we should be fine.
CeeGee14
U.C Davis c/o 2029
Can you tell me the exact class number? I'm looking at the UC Davis DVM website and the accepted physics courses. PHY 1A and 1B require trig as a prereq and PHY 7A need calc.yes I can confirm the physics at UC Davis undergrad is algebra-based, which is listed as UCD SVM prerequ.
The physics classes I took state in the course description that it's algebra based even though we do a fair amount of trig in it too and the algebra class I took as a prereq includes some trig too. I'm worried UC Davis will just take it at face value and rescind my admissions offer.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
let me DM you because my situation is a little confusingCan you tell me the exact class number? I'm looking at the UC Davis DVM website and the accepted physics courses. PHY 1A and 1B require trig as a prereq and PHY 7A need calc.
The physics classes I took state in the course description that it's algebra based even though we do a fair amount of trig in it too and the algebra class I took as a prereq includes some trig too. I'm worried UC Davis will just take it at face value and rescind my admissions offer.
sorry algebra with trig*yes I can confirm the physics at UC Davis undergrad is algebra-based, which is listed as UCD SVM prerequ.
I sent a message through the portal! Brandy said that your physics needs a trig or calc PREREQ, no calc or trig based physics! My physics is algebra based and she told me I was good!Can you tell me the exact class number? I'm looking at the UC Davis DVM website and the accepted physics courses. PHY 1A and 1B require trig as a prereq and PHY 7A need calc.
The physics classes I took state in the course description that it's algebra based even though we do a fair amount of trig in it too and the algebra class I took as a prereq includes some trig too. I'm worried UC Davis will just take it at face value and rescind my admissions offer.
CeeGee14
U.C Davis c/o 2029
Ok, that’s a relief to hear. My physics has an algebra prerequisite OR a precalc one. I’m gonna message Brandy through the portal real quick just to double check. Thanks for the update!I sent a message through the portal! Brandy said that your physics needs a trig or calc PREREQ, no calc or trig based physics! My physics is algebra based and she told me I was good!
Hi! Definitely a good note-taking device. It varies person by person. Some people have an iPad and laptop or just a laptop. I really like my Surface Pro, which allows for writing like an iPad but is a fully functional laptop, and the exam software works on it. Also, you'll need ceil blue scrubs (that is the required color), a watch for doing TPRs, rubber boots, eye protection for labs, and a stethoscope.🙂 A lot of this you don't need day 1 though, and I'm pretty sure they'll also tell you everything you need!Hi! What supplies etc. do you recommend for purchase before school starts?
cimbasaurr
New Member
Anyone else having a hard time contacting some people on the housing google sheet? I contacted someone through email and they said they'll forward my email to their housemate and then get back to me, but it's been a few weeks. 😢
CeeGee14
U.C Davis c/o 2029
I've just been texting people. Maybe reach out to them again to see if you get a response. It's so easy for things to fall by the wayside with email.Anyone else having a hard time contacting some people on the housing google sheet? I contacted someone through email and they said they'll forward my email to their housemate and then get back to me, but it's been a few weeks. 😢
Hello everyone! We have set up a discord for both admitted and waitlisted students!
discord.gg
Hope to see you there!
Join the UC Davis c/o 2029 Discord Server!
Check out the UC Davis c/o 2029 community on Discord - hang out with 17 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.
Hope to see you there!
Declined my OOS seat a moment ago.