NPTE - January 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheIron

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
How are you guys feeling? I’m sure we all killed it

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Absolutely freaking out, my anxiety is on high alert... I keep refreshing my fsbpt page hoping to see the "results received" checked :unsure:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

Last edited:
Got mine 20 min ago.. PASSED!!! in GA. Thanks guys.. Hoping good news for everyone.

Reactions: 1 users
I passed the exam guys... I guess everyone who tells you that you're going to think you failed was right. because I was nearly 100% certain. I counted so many questions I thought I got wrong. I'm the type who tries to remember how many they get wrong after each exam every time no matter what and I was certain I got too many wrong to be able to pass this thing. So for future test takers, have faith up until you get your score and don't put yourself through too much leading up to finding out the results.

My practice exam scores were not good and I was not the best student in PT school, I just studied as hard as I could. I only passed the retired PEAT with and 81% and practice PEAT with 73%. Scorebuilders I had 64 and 68. Osullivan exam A: 59 Exam B: 64.5 Exam C: 62. Good luck to everyone still waiting, I know how painful it is. Thanks everyone for your support during this process.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm still waiting for my results and I'm going to get the biggest Chinese food takeout order for 1 anyone has ever seen.

PASSED. In Texas! 6:16pm CST

For future reference:
-TherapyEd Scores: 12/12/2017 - 128/200 (64%), 12/20/2017 119/200 (60%), 01/9/2018 127/200 (64%)
-PEAT:
  • Review Retired NPTE Form - PT (2018): 162/200 (81%)
  • Review Practice Form - PT (2018): 160/200 (80%)
NPTE: 721/800

Will update on how I studied for those interested, just reply to this.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Passed in PA, this was my 3rd attempt at the test so I just wanna say that this is an awful test and does not reflect one as a clinician. So if someone had an unsuccessful attempt to keep your head up, you will get it.

Passed in PA, this was my 3rd attempt at the test so I just wanna say that this is an awful test and does not reflect one as a clinician. So if someone had an unsuccessful attempt to keep your head up, you will get it.
Super congrats!!! You definitely earned some celebration!

I passed the exam guys... I guess everyone who tells you that you're going to think you failed was right. because I was nearly 100% certain. I counted so many questions I thought I got wrong. I'm the type who tries to remember how many they get wrong after each exam every time no matter what and I was certain I got too many wrong to be able to pass this thing. So for future test takers, have faith up until you get your score and don't put yourself through too much leading up to finding out the results.

My practice exam scores were not good and I was not the best student in PT school, I just studied as hard as I could. I only passed the retired PEAT with and 81% and practice PEAT with 73%. Scorebuilders I had 64 and 68. Osullivan exam A: 59 Exam B: 64.5 Exam C: 62. Good luck to everyone still waiting, I know how painful it is. Thanks everyone for your support during this process.
Couldn’t have said it better myself mate. Everything you said is true. Congrats on passing!!

Sooooo still haven't heard.. are we expecting that scores will continue to roll out even though it's approaching 9 PM?

Couldn’t have said it better myself mate. Everything you said is true. Congrats on passing!!
Sooooo still haven't heard.. are we expecting that scores will continue to roll out even though it's approaching 9 PM?
My CI told me she found out hers around 3 AM. They're probably still rolling out scores. My classmates are still getting theirs!

Passed in FL!

This was my third attempt, so to those who didn’t pass...do not give up or lose hope! This test is super challenging and is no reflection on you and your skills as a clinician! You can do it! Wishing the best for all who are still waiting!

Reactions: 2 users
Passed in Texas. Found out at 5:25pm. I was soo nervous. Thank you all for being a place to vent on and sharing the experience with!!

Awww yessss! I passed in NC!

-Study stuff FYI:
Initial therapyed - 62, 2wks - 68, 4 wks - 77, 5 wks - 72
-School provided 2 day therapyed course, I thought it was very helpful
-PEAT 1 @ 3.5 wks, 598
-PEAT 2 practice at 5 wks, 650
-Definitely felt nervous going into the test. If I changed anything, I would have studied from 5am-10am every day for a better schedule and emphasized the big three more

Congrats to everyone and keep at it if you didn't make it!

Passed in FL!

This was my third attempt, so to those who didn’t pass...do not give up or lose hope! This test is super challenging and is no reflection on you and your skills as a clinician! You can do it! Wishing the best for all who are still waiting!
Hell yess! Definitely celebrate! Congrats!

Passed in FL!

such an inspo! Awesome job on not giving up! Congrats!! #justkeepswimming

For future reference:
-TherapyEd Scores: 12/12/2017 - 128/200 (64%), 12/20/2017 119/200 (60%), 01/9/2018 127/200 (64%)
-PEAT:

Hello my fellow Texan! Do you know how long it will take before the Texas board updates our license online ?

Hello my fellow Texan! Do you know how long it will take before the Texas board updates our license online ?
According to fellow coworkers, it takes about 2-3 days, assuming you have submitted all your paperwork, etc.

Passed in FL!

Hey, Congrats on passing your NPTE. I just added this forum after failing in January for my second attempt in PA as well. I am looking for any and all suggestions that may have helped you achieve a passing rate on your third attempt. I am so determined that this be the last time I sit for this exam and would love to know what you did to get through this round.
Thanks!

Hey, Congrats on passing your NPTE. I just added this forum after failing in January for my second attempt in PA as well. I am looking for any and all suggestions that may have helped you achieve a passing rate on your third attempt. I am so determined that this be the last time I sit for this exam and would love to know what you did to get through this round.
Thanks!
First let me say don't let this set back get you down. This was my 3rd attempt at the test and I was finally able to pass, so I know how tough a second unsuccessful try can be. The important thing is that you seem to have a good attitude that will help you going into your next try. As for advice, I handled prepping for my 3rd try a little different than the other two. I did buy my detailed score report so that I was able to see where I was struggling so I could focus on that. For my first two tries I was studying for about 5-6 hours a day, but for this one I went down to about 3 hours. I know that by the 3rd time you've studied so much that it can be difficult to put in longer hours and not get burned out, so I minimized my time and just focused as hard as I could while studying. I also got a part time job, I found myself dwelling on it to much and needed something to take my mind elsewhere, it helped me get through the waiting process. Lastly, I'm not a morning person but I kept taking the 8am start time just to get it over with, this last try I decided to go with the 1:30, crazy to say but that really helped my focus and thought processes. Just keep at it, I know that horrible pit of your stomach feeling is hard to get rid of but it's so worth it when you finally beat the test! As a fellow PA native I'll be pulling for ya!

First let me say don't let this set back get you down. This was my 3rd attempt at the test and I was finally able to pass, so I know how tough a second unsuccessful try can be. The important thing is that you seem to have a good attitude that will help you going into your next try. As for advice, I handled prepping for my 3rd try a little different than the other two. I did buy my detailed score report so that I was able to see where I was struggling so I could focus on that. For my first two tries I was studying for about 5-6 hours a day, but for this one I went down to about 3 hours. I know that by the 3rd time you've studied so much that it can be difficult to put in longer hours and not get burned out, so I minimized my time and just focused as hard as I could while studying. I also got a part time job, I found myself dwelling on it to much and needed something to take my mind elsewhere, it helped me get through the waiting process. Lastly, I'm not a morning person but I kept taking the 8am start time just to get it over with, this last try I decided to go with the 1:30, crazy to say but that really helped my focus and thought processes. Just keep at it, I know that horrible pit of your stomach feeling is hard to get rid of but it's so worth it when you finally beat the test! As a fellow PA native I'll be pulling for ya!

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply back. Your new tactic seems like what I am doing as well, so I'm glad we are on the same page! I am looking for a part time job too so I am hoping that will help keep my mind fresh. I am also taking a prep course (Therapy Team) starting in a week or two that seems to specialize in people who have taken it twice or more without a pass. When you studied were you mostly reviewing the areas you were the lowest on or did you focus more on your positives? Also did you continue to do practice exams? By now I have seen them all: the PEAT, Scorebuilders, O'sullivan, and TEP's practice exams. Just curious on how you spent your time studying. Thanks for the boost of confidence!

Last edited:
Passed in FL!

Hey this will be my third attempt come april also. Any advice for studying?

Did you sign up for any prep courses? Can you take two more PEAT tests if you already took two before the January exam. This will be my third attempt also.

Haha! Yeah... no it was brutal. I went through different stages through the exam of whether I would pass it or not. I was already planning in my head what I would focus on more next time I take it HAHA. Seriously though... It was harder than I expected. I took 3 TherapyEd tests, then the 2 PEAT tests and went into it thinking it wasn't going to be that bad. So hard.
Hi

I am looking for a study partner for my Npte exam.
I am planning to take very soon.
If your interested please let me know.
Thanks ashok

Hi. Is anyone here from New York? Does anyone know what's the next step in order for the license to be released?
I paid for the Application for Licensure 2years ago when I had my 1st attempt for NPTE.
Now that I passed, i'm wondering if I have to apply again... Please help me..:hello:

Did you sign up for any prep courses? Can you take two more PEAT tests if you already took two before the January exam. This will be my third attempt also.
I took Will Crane's PT final exam for my second attempt, however I ended up getting the same score as my first attempt so I can't say it did much for me. You can buy the PEATs again but the questions will be the same.

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply back. Your new tactic seems like what I am doing as well, so I'm glad we are on the same page! I am looking for a part time job too so I am hoping that will help keep my mind fresh. I am also taking a prep course (Therapy Team) starting in a week or two that seems to specialize in people who have taken it twice or more without a pass. When you studied were you mostly reviewing the areas you were the lowest on or did you focus more on your positives? Also did you continue to do practice exams? By now I have seen them all: the PEAT, Scorebuilders, O'sullivan, and TEP's practice exams. Just curious on how you spent your time studying. Thanks for the boost of confidence!
I focused more on what I was weak in and then a more general review with what I was good on the last 2 weeks or so, stuff like cranial nerves and spinal cord pathways and just the stuff that you can forget but will almost always be asked. I did the PEATs and the exam Will Crane gives in his course, but that was about it, by that point I knew how to time manage and stuff I just needed work on stamina because I always would lose focus around section 4.

For future reference:
-PEAT:

I focused more on what I was weak in and then a more general review with what I was good on the last 2 weeks or so, stuff like cranial nerves and spinal cord pathways and just the stuff that you can forget but will almost always be asked. I did the PEATs and the exam Will Crane gives in his course, but that was about it, by that point I knew how to time manage and stuff I just needed work on stamina because I always would lose focus around section 4.

Great thank you so much. Congratulations again glad all of your hard work paid off.