NSU-COM Interview Discussion thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was told that they only had 10 seats open up after that deposit was due (march 15). Which absolutely floored me. I also was told that there were more seats that would come open as more deposits were due. So there's totally hope.

Good luck everyone <3

Hey Singinfifi...once again...congratulations...For general knowledge...do you know when the next deposit is due? Also...if you haven't already...join the NSUCOM Class of 2012 facebook group...its a great place to find info from students...congrats again

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Singinfifi...once again...congratulations...For general knowledge...do you know when the next deposit is due? Also...if you haven't already...join the NSUCOM Class of 2012 facebook group...its a great place to find info from students...congrats again

Hehe. I joined the facebook group last night as soon as I got home :)
I have no idea when the next deposit is due. I'm so happy. I get to stay instate, closer to home, where it's warm, in a fantastic program. w00t.

:love::biglove::love:

may i ask what your stats are? send me some of your luck ;)

thanks man :D

Hehe. I joined the facebook group last night as soon as I got home :)
I have no idea when the next deposit is due. I'm so happy. I get to stay instate, closer to home, where it's warm, in a fantastic program. w00t.

:love::biglove::love:

Members don't see this ad :)
may i ask what your stats are? send me some of your luck ;)

thanks man :D

Sure thing. By the way, I'm a girl.
You'd think i'd know these by now. The GPA's are estimates

VR 9, PS 7, BS 9
Overall 3.6
Science 3.5
Shadowing with a PCOM grad
and a ton of volunteer work that I loved but I doubt anyone here would be interested in hearing about :p Also, some research that nobody wants to hear me yammer on about either.
Biology TA for 2 years

I interviewed and was accepted at :

TouroCA, TouroNY, LE-Com Bradenton, Nova and WVSOM (which I sould mention I'm still very impressed with).

I interviewed at and haven't heard from GA-PCOM (though when I called a week and a half ago, I was told that I'd be getting a letter in 2 weeks)

I declined my interview (after seeing LE-COM bradenton) from LE-COM eerie.

I haven't heard from: NYCOM or PCOM Philly.

There isn't a next deposit... if you have paid your $2000. For those who have not been accepted yet, they have to submit their deposit by a certain date. I think information on that is on the website and also included in the acceptance package.

The next time you will "pay" is when your loans have been distributed. Look at my posting on the Facebook group.

There isn't a next deposit... if you have paid your $2000. For those who have not been accepted yet, they have to submit their deposit by a certain date. I think information on that is on the website and also included in the acceptance package.

The next time you will "pay" is when your loans have been distributed. Look at my posting on the Facebook group.

Thanks HOD...I understood that...I was just curious when the people who are accepted now need their deposits in...just so we get an idea of when the next period of people dropping may be...

Thanks HOD...I understood that...I was just curious when the people who are accepted now need their deposits in...just so we get an idea of when the next period of people dropping may be...
It's on their letter and should be found on the website. When accepted between....W and X first deposit due...second deposit due....

When accepted between Y and Z, full deposit is due. Those accepted layer are required to pay the full amount.

Is there a thread for NSU c/o 2012 on SDN?

The search feature makes my dinosaur of a computer wig out (go compaq presario 700)!

any other "wait-listers" hear any good news today?

Got a small envelope today in the mail. Freaked out for about five minutes, opened it, and realized it was something about financial aid Phew!

Members don't see this ad :)
No news on my end. Anyone else get an acceptance/wait-list from the silent group? Any changes in the wait-list group?

No news either...but on a side note..just got back from an awesome Mets game!! So thats good news!

Still buried under the "alternate candidate" title. My Miami Heat and Dolphins are losers. UM can't win a football game. Canes got eliminated from the tournament. Cost of housing in south florida is horrible. But otherwise I'm okay:D

Still buried under the "alternate candidate" title. My Miami Heat and Dolphins are losers. UM can't win a football game. Canes got eliminated from the tournament. Cost of housing in south florida is horrible. But otherwise I'm okay:D

Haha...just to make you feel a little better... the Canes can win a football game..just not enough football games..lol..and the basketball team looked ok..they gave a valiant effort...The baseball team looks great though!! and about the heat and phins...I am a Jets and Knicks fan.lol..so I feel ya

nada here. waitlisted still....

Over the weekend I prepared this spell known as LOI on Word and cast it on the nearest USPS mailbox earlier this afternoon. The extent of its power will be unleashed after entering the NSUCOM admin office - hopefully in the form of uproarious adcom chaos.

In the aftermath maybe I'll get Silvagni brownie points and super-uplifting damage to my wait-listed status. Glorious.

Over the weekend I prepared this spell known as LOI on Word and casted it onto the nearest USPS mailbox earlier this afternoon. The extent of its power will be unleashed after entering the NSUCOM admin office - hopefully in the form of uproarious adcom chaos.

In the aftermath maybe I'll get Silvagni brownie points and super-uplifting damage to my wait-listed status. Glorious.
Ahem...where's my harmless plug? Kidding.

Hang in there everyone!

Listen, HOD and everyone...you guys have been really awesome, and it'd be great to attend school with you, but I've been totally swayed. I'm going to Stewart University (our website is down, but I'm linking to the cached page so you can see how awesome it is). I just sent my deposit via pay-pal! I really liked nova, but my phone interview with "Stewie U" went so well and I'm so impressed by them......can't pass an oppertunity like that up!
(Disclaimer: singinfifi is not ACTUALLY giving up her seat at Nova for a seat at stewart university)

Good luck with NSU evrybody! :luck:

I got a call from Rachel today. I saw the number on caller ID and thought for sure she was calling to inform me of my acceptance. Turns out she just wanted "to gauge my level of interest" in attending NSU. She said as spots came available more acceptances would be made and that I might get another call in the next couple of weeks to a month. Anyone else get a call like this?

I got a call from Rachel today. I saw the number on caller ID and thought for sure she was calling to inform me of my acceptance. Turns out she just wanted "to gauge my level of interest" in attending NSU. She said as spots came available more acceptances would be made and that I might get another call in the next couple of weeks to a month. Anyone else get a call like this?[/quot

How did you feel when you found out what the call was about. I would have had a heart attack.

Also i had a question: since i applied i have changed both my home and cell phone numbers. I've tried calling to change it but never get in touch with Rachel and they keep transferring me to the Bursar's office where i stay on hold for an hour. What should I do? I tried emailing Rachel but b/c of how busy this time of the year is by the time she replies I have sent like 4 emails asking different questions and she replies to all of them except the one regarding number changes.

I was a little surprised, but not too disappointed. If they weren't still considering accepting me, I doubt they would have bothered to call. The only thing she said that I wasn't too thrilled about was how much longer she thought it would take to get back to me. I was hoping she'd say later this week. Oh well...

I heard today that one of the hold ups is that this year about 70% of accepted students are planning to attend. In years past the number has been closer to 50-60%. As a result this year's class is filling faster than expected, so they are being careful not to overfill.

I got a call from Rachel today. I saw the number on caller ID and thought for sure she was calling to inform me of my acceptance. Turns out she just wanted "to gauge my level of interest" in attending NSU. She said as spots came available more acceptances would be made and that I might get another call in the next couple of weeks to a month. Anyone else get a call like this?[/quot

How did you feel when you found out what the call was about. I would have had a heart attack.

Also i had a question: since i applied i have changed both my home and cell phone numbers. I've tried calling to change it but never get in touch with Rachel and they keep transferring me to the Bursar's office where i stay on hold for an hour. What should I do? I tried emailing Rachel but b/c of how busy this time of the year is by the time she replies I have sent like 4 emails asking different questions and she replies to all of them except the one regarding number changes.
You can change it on WebStar

http://webstar.nova.edu. It's the same location where you checked to see whether your material was received from NSU.

I was a little surprised, but not too disappointed. If they weren't still considering accepting me, I doubt they would have bothered to call. The only thing she said that I wasn't too thrilled about was how much longer she thought it would take to get back to me. I was hoping she'd say later this week. Oh well...

I heard today that one of the hold ups is that this year about 70% of accepted students are planning to attend. In years past the number has been closer to 50-60%. As a result this year's class is filling faster than expected, so they are being careful not to overfill.
That is definitely a positive note. So, I will stress again the importance of sending a LOI if you have not heard from NSU since your interview or you're on a waiting/alternate list. If you're clear, concise, and convey that NSU is your first choice, it can not hurt.

Got another call this morning....I'm in!!

I guess they didn't need a few weeks after all!

Congratz man. Now share the luck!:smuggrin:

I'll try. :luck:

I'll share a little of what I did that may or may not have made a difference in regards to a decision on my file. At time of interview I did not have a DO LOR on file. After a few weeks of not hearing anything, I had one sent.
After a week or so more of silence, a DO I know that graduated NSU called admissions on my behalf. The goal was to get admissions to keep looking at my file. If you're not taking some sort of action right now, i.e. LOI, you have to think your application is just sitting there waiting to be reviewed. My advice is to be proactive and try to make something happen. Good luck!

Got another call this morning....I'm in!!

I guess they didn't need a few weeks after all!

Congrats! Glad to see even more people are getting great news. Best of luck to everyone else who is waiting.

I'll try. :luck:

I'll share a little of what I did that may or may not have made a difference in regards to a decision on my file. At time of interview I did not have a DO LOR on file. After a few weeks of not hearing anything, I had one sent.
After a week or so more of silence, a DO I know that graduated NSU called admissions on my behalf. The goal was to get admissions to keep looking at my file. If you're not taking some sort of action right now, i.e. LOI, you have to think your application is just sitting there waiting to be reviewed. My advice is to be proactive and try to make something happen. Good luck!
Congrats! Sound advice. I couldn't emphasize that more.

Congratulations justletmeinplz!!
:)

I know I'll be congratulating people here who are waiting from NOVA sooner or later, so until then, hang in there people!! :luck::luck::luck:

I was wait-listed about three weeks ago, but have since sent in a LOI and a letter from a Nova alum. Today I got the 'confidential' envelope that tells me to sign up for a Nova Webstar email address, but that this notice does not imply admittance to Nova...

Anyone know what this means? I hope good news is on the horizon... Just don't want to get my hopes up.

talked to Rachel today. Apparently 10-15 people get off waitlist each year and alt list is looked at afterwards. She also told me class was full. Where do people get these numbers like 1/3 to 1/2 of a school's class is chosen from waiting list?

talked to Rachel today. Apparently 10-15 people get off waitlist each year and alt list is looked at afterwards. She also told me class was full. Where do people get these numbers like 1/3 to 1/2 of a school's class is chosen from waiting list?

First, I would like to give you much congrats on your acceptance!!!

Secondly, the information above is amazing and not necessarily the greatest to read frankly!!! So from what I understand, all those who have not heard anything post-interview are considered 'Alternate Status' - and we are basically second tier WL candidates? Thats a bummer. I thought I had an amazing interview - in fact, I thought it was one of my best interviews! Well, I sent in an LOI - hoping for the best at this point. I was greatly impressed by the school based on my interview experience and of course my 'homework' - SUPER POSITIVE THOUGHTS FROM HERE ON OUT!!!

Congrats again umean2tellme!!!

** BTW, if anyone can verify the validity of the WL versus alternate ranking/grouping please do so.

Best of luck to all! Thankfully the application process is nearing a close which means soon our butts will be back in the classroom! Its actually all very very exciting. I think sometimes 'we' (I suppose I should be speaking for myself, but something tells me Im not alone) get so worked up and focused on our shortcomings or the things we dont accomplish that we forget to think about all that we have accomplished thus far! Relax. Enjoy the next few months. Soon we will be back to the grind and wishing we had the down time we have now!!:):)

I thought alternate list and wait list are the same thing. Did I miss something?

I apologize before hand for being a pessimist, but if we don't hear anything from NSUCOM now, our chances are pretty slim. :( We're better off preparing for the next stage in our lives and saving a little room for that slight odds that we might get in. Just being a realist!

So from what I understand, all those who have not heard anything post-interview are considered 'Alternate Status' - and we are basically second tier WL candidates? Thats a bummer.

I'm not sure if that's correct...I was a "post interview silence" and I was fortunate enough to get accepted on Friday.

I think alternates got a letter, as did waitlists.

I thought alternate list and wait list are the same thing. Did I miss something?

I apologize before hand for being a pessimist, but if we don't hear anything from NSUCOM now, our chances are pretty slim. :( We're better off preparing for the next stage in our lives and saving a little room for that slight odds that we might get in. Just being a realist!

From what I have gathered, the watilist > alternate list. I was told waitlisters get looked at first. Then the alt listers. But Rachel kinda gave me the impression that at some point they become the same thing, probably in the summer. I'm still trying to figure out how many get waitlisted/alternate listed

First, I would like to give you much congrats on your acceptance!!!

Secondly, the information above is amazing and not necessarily the greatest to read frankly!!! So from what I understand, all those who have not heard anything post-interview are considered 'Alternate Status' - and we are basically second tier WL candidates? Thats a bummer. I thought I had an amazing interview - in fact, I thought it was one of my best interviews! Well, I sent in an LOI - hoping for the best at this point. I was greatly impressed by the school based on my interview experience and of course my 'homework' - SUPER POSITIVE THOUGHTS FROM HERE ON OUT!!!

Congrats again umean2tellme!!!

** BTW, if anyone can verify the validity of the WL versus alternate ranking/grouping please do so.

Best of luck to all! Thankfully the application process is nearing a close which means soon our butts will be back in the classroom! Its actually all very very exciting. I think sometimes 'we' (I suppose I should be speaking for myself, but something tells me Im not alone) get so worked up and focused on our shortcomings or the things we dont accomplish that we forget to think about all that we have accomplished thus far! Relax. Enjoy the next few months. Soon we will be back to the grind and wishing we had the down time we have now!!:):)

Why did you congratulate me I didnt get in. I only spoke to Rachel about the alt list. Still an alternate. :cool:

Why would they put two lists together? I'd be surprised if the waitlist and alternate list are not the same thing. Wouldn't make to much sense to me if they essentially had two waitlists(or two alternate lists), depending on how you want to look at it.

Why would they put two lists together? I'd be surprised if the waitlist and alternate list are not the same thing. Wouldn't make to much sense to me if they essentially had two waitlists(or two alternate lists), depending on how you want to look at it.

Well I dont think it makes much sense but that's what they told me. And I don't understand how you have a list of people that arent' ranked. How do you choose the best one for a spot? If it's not ranked then it sounds like it's a little random b/c it wouldn't make as much sense to just re-evaluate them every time a spot opens up.

My thoughts exactly, I'm sure that they have an internal ranking system of some sort which they don't disclose. When I spoke to Rachel last week she said that the class was full as of last Friday but in typical years 20-30 people drop out by May. As you saw this time, already one person was accepted and decided not to go, like everyone said it takes just one spot to open up.

My worry in my own case is that I haven't received any sort of communication from the Admissions office/Rachel/Dev since my interview. I am still silent, in the sense that I have no letter from NSU saying that I am wait-listed/alt. Also, I haven't received and other type of paperwork like others (i.e. fin. aid or "establish an email account" type letters). Not really sure where I am at this point, though Rachel said that as spots open up they re-consider applications and this can happen all the way up till May.

Anyone else hear anything at all- anyone with a decision letter?

I haven't received any sort of communication from the Admissions office/Rachel/Dev since my interview. I am still silent, in the sense that I have no letter from NSU saying that I am wait-listed/alt. Also, I haven't received and other type of paperwork like others (i.e. fin. aid or "establish an email account" type letters).

Yeah, that was me. Not a word. Nerve wracking as anything. Good luck, I hope you get some good news soon, did you send an LOI?

Yeah, that was me. Not a word. Nerve wracking as anything. Good luck, I hope you get some good news soon, did you send an LOI?

What address are people sending LOI's to? I sent one a while back after my interview, and now I'm curious if it was received by Dr. Silvagni.

This is what I have for him. I would assume it would get to him or his secretary, right?

Dr. Anthony J. Silvagni
Dean, College of Osteopathic Medicine
Nova Southeastern University
3200 South University Drive
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328

What address are people sending LOI's to? I sent one a while back after my interview, and now I'm curious if it was received by Dr. Silvagni.

This is what I have for him. I would assume it would get to him or his secretary, right?

Dr. Anthony J. Silvagni
Dean, College of Osteopathic Medicine
Nova Southeastern University
3200 South University Drive
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328

That's where I sent mine and it was received, but I have no idea whether Silvagni actually read it or not, probably just his secretary

That's where I sent mine and it was received, but I have no idea whether Silvagni actually read it or not, probably just his secretary

Thanks. I'm sure Dr. Silvagni is getting inundated with letters, but I'd find it a little disheartening if he does actually read our letters, particularly after all the great things we've heard about him. (My interview group did not get to meet him.)