NSU-COM Interview Discussion thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
HOD: My thanks is definitely overdue! You've been extremely helpful in keeping the hope and giving great advice!

Cheers.

Members don't see this ad.

Awesome, thanks! Ditto on the appreciation ;)

Does this included waitlisters as well or just people who haven't heard? Do waitlisted people get re-reviewed every comittee meeting or is this separate and at a later date? I'd give anything for Nova at this point!
Unfortunately, I'm not privy to such information about which pool(s) of applicants is/are being reviewed, but that they are re-reviewing applications. I couldn't get a clear answer as to how many seats opened up, but it was clear that there will be some motion this year.

You are all quite welcome. As I've stated, I was once in your position. And let me say this. Passion is something that needs to be fulfilled, whether it be now or later. It is a ravenous beast that must be fed. (not meant to be cryptic)

On that note, best of luck!

I wished Rachel Weiner a Happy Easter, will that guarantee my acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wished Rachel Weiner a Happy Easter, will that guarantee my acceptance?

I'd say only if she is a Christian...However...most people I know with the last name Weiner are Jewish...Not sure if that helps...

Who knew wishing someone "Happy Easter" would be so complicated. Haha that would be funny if there was an admissions director who was atheist and wishing them Happy Easter made them just erase your application or something.

For those that have heard nothing since their interview -- Any word yet? Do we know when we might hear something?

I was told by Dev yesterday that the adcom will meet today, though any decisions will not be communicated to students until the Dean signs off on them. So wait till Monday when you're sure they can give you an answer whether it's positive/negative, that's if you don't receive a package over the weekend.

Do they generally look at people who haven't gotten a decision first then work on the waitlist then alternate list or is it pretty much reviewing all of them and picking the best candidates?

I'm not really sure. First off I think the WL is the same as the AL, right? Second, I'd guess that they would go through silence first then WL, since we have no clue about what they think about our applications. Anyone else?

I'm not really sure. First off I think the WL is the same as the AL, right? Second, I'd guess that they would go through silence first then WL, since we have no clue about what they think about our applications. Anyone else?

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to anything that the admissions office does....so I think your guess is as good anyone else's.

maybe they should start by rejecting everyone they already let in, then accept those of us who havent heard anything and that are on the wait/alt list.

maybe they should start by rejecting everyone they already let in, then accept those of us who havent heard anything and that are on the wait/alt list.

:D:thumbup:

I think I prefer to be in the group that hasn't heard anything. It makes sense to me that they'd start there first. All that really matters though is if you get in. Just let me in PLEASE!

Members don't see this ad :)
If they meet today maybe they'll send out letters on april fool's day

Post Interview Silence:
justletmeinplz (1/18)
Springhurst (01/25)
Masalamonkey (01/25)
movinfwd867 (01/29)
flpkg1rl86 (02/18)
Bonsante (03/13)

Waitlisted: *Date = date of WL notification
ellinopedo182 (9/2007)
gqmo16 (11/2007)
d-bone (1/25/2008 interview, 2/1 waitlisted)
mtbiac (2/1)
umean2tellme (3/4)
monthrawe (02/18 int., 03/24 wl)

I just started checking SDN.

Post Interview Silence:
justletmeinplz (1/18)
Springhurst (01/25)
Masalamonkey (01/25)
movinfwd867 (01/29)
flpkg1rl86 (02/18)
spyca(02/18)
Bonsante (03/13)

ellinopedo182 (9/2007)
gqmo16 (11/2007)
mtbiac (2/1)
umean2tellme (3/4)
monthrawe (03/24)

I just started checking SDN.

Post Interview Silence:
justletmeinplz (1/18)
Springhurst (01/25)
Masalamonkey (01/25)
movinfwd867 (01/29)
flpkg1rl86 (02/18)
spyca(02/18)
Bonsante (03/13)

ellinopedo182 (9/2007)
gqmo16 (11/2007)
MikeMD (2/1 interview, 2/23WL)
umean2tellme (3/4)
monthrawe (03/24)

Post Interview Silence:
justletmeinplz (1/18)
Springhurst (01/25)
Masalamonkey (01/25)
movinfwd867 (01/29)
flpkg1rl86 (02/18)
spyca(02/18)
Bonsante (03/13)

ellinopedo182 (9/2007)
gqmo16 (11/2007)
umean2tellme (int 2/25, WL 2/29)
monthrawe (03/24)[/quote]

Has anybody heard back from them yet? I feel like I am going to get wait listed for the 4th time as in at 4 different schools. =/

I saw my alternate list letter for first time today (I knew I was on the list b/c my mom told me weeks ago). It's dated from 2/29 and i interviewed 2/25. Damn that was a very fast decision.

I highly disagree with this statement...because if they do this...then I'm S.O.L...However...I would expect to be hearing from the adcom very soon...I mean...they just wrapped up doing interviews and the deposit for those who were accepted was due almost 2 weeks ago...best of luck to everyone who is waiting!

Post Interview Silence:
justletmeinplz (1/18)
Springhurst (01/25)
Masalamonkey (01/25)
movinfwd867 (01/29)
flpkg1rl86 (02/18)
spyca(02/18)
Bonsante (03/13)
olivetofu (1/18)

ellinopedo182 (9/2007)
gqmo16 (11/2007)
umean2tellme (int 2/25, WL 2/29)
monthrawe (03/24)

seems as though another week will have come and passed..good to know the admissions office is working hard! ;)

Anyone tried calling or heard anything (mail/call/email)? I'm guessing they're using this week to catch up and next week there should be a flood of acceptances:thumbup: alternate:confused: and rejections:thumbdown:

Good luck everyone!

Whenever I call I just get voicemail and no call back. :(

OMG! IM IN! Rachel just called!

Congrats! I think we were in the same interview group at TUCOM-CA. I interviewed on Jan, 8th there. Anyway, when did you interview at NSUCOM?

Congratulations to those who got in. Got through to Rachel who said that they have sent out all remaining acceptances this week, so they have technically filled the class. At this point they will wait to see how many people actually decide to take up their acceptances so it might take till June before the rest of us hear back. She said that typically 20-30 people will decline their offers each year and there is a possibility to hear as soon as next week if there are changes. For the time being the wait continues...

Thanks for the congratulations everybody. I interviewed at Nova on feb. 6th.

No call on this end, but I did get this form today telling me to set up my e-mail account, etc. Some people got this a while back too. Did anyone ever figure out why they are sending these prior to acceptances? Did those who received this before eventually get in?

I never got an e-mail telling me to set up my email account or one of those cards with the nsu id thing on it either

Congratulations to those who got in. Got through to Rachel who said that they have sent out all remaining acceptances this week, so they have technically filled the class. At this point they will wait to see how many people actually decide to take up their acceptances so it might take till June before the rest of us hear back. She said that typically 20-30 people will decline their offers each year and there is a possibility to hear as soon as next week if there are changes. For the time being the wait continues...

Sent out this week, meaning they should arrive next week or they should have been received this week?

I guess the rest of us silent listers can expect a letter about being an alternate soon.

I guess the rest of us silent listers can expect a letter about being an alternate soon.

Probably not. I bet most of the people who've heard nothing will get in, at least a good number of them.

The class "may" be full but not everyone has been called yet. I doubt that all the files and folders were reviewed this past week. There will be open seats as the weeks roll by. Best of luck everyone. For those who have been accepted, join the Class of 2012 Facebook group and let me know when academic societies are assigned.

The class "may" be full but not everyone has been called yet. I doubt that all the files and folders were reviewed this past week. There will be open seats as the weeks roll by. Best of luck everyone. For those who have been accepted, join the Class of 2012 Facebook group and let me know when academic societies are assigned.

HemaOncoDoc does this mean that there is still hope for the original open seats if we havent heard yet?

HemaOncoDoc does this mean that there is still hope for the original open seats if we havent heard yet?
Yes. I highly doubt Rachel was able to call everyone about acceptances today. With no guarantee, there is bound to be seats opening from applicants who are holding seats.

Thanks HemaOncoDoc.... I appreciate your help I started panicking today when I read the previous posts this brings some slight comfort back

Thanks HemaOncoDoc.... I appreciate your help I started panicking today when I read the previous posts this brings some slight comfort back
It only takes one person to decline to allow another person to be admitted. I am not condoning that you convince anyone to decline NSU though. :p Best of luck.

It only takes one person to decline to allow another person to be admitted. I am not condoning that you convince anyone to decline NSU though. :p Best of luck.

They're selling spots for class of 2012 NSUCOM on ebay if anyone is interested. Need paypal though.

Yes. I highly doubt Rachel was able to call everyone about acceptances today. With no guarantee, there is bound to be seats opening from applicants who are holding seats.

I was told that they only had 10 seats open up after that deposit was due (march 15). Which absolutely floored me. I also was told that there were more seats that would come open as more deposits were due. So there's totally hope.

Good luck everyone <3