NSU Master of Biomedical Science 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When you submit the app

Hi there! I think the portal they’re referring to will be sent to any applicant only once they have been accepted!
I have not been accepted yet. I’m still waiting on a decision

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh okay! When I had clicked on it I saw it said for accepted applicants. Thanks for letting me know
I completely missed that! hopefully that means good news soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone else tries it out let me know if it works for you

Reactions: 1 users
I completely missed that! hopefully that means good news soon!
Great! I hope it does mean something positive because I decided to try and I also got into the Sharklink account, and I submitted on 4/28 and 4/29 they said my file was sent for review.

Click the link I posted that says “shark link ID”, then click Retrieve Your nsu id, where it says “nsu n#” in the drop down box you can enter your last 4 ssn# instead then your Birthday info and submit it should tell you your username. Then select reset password. Yesterday it said “null” for my username but today it displayed a username.
Thanks so much! Mine says "null" right now too but I'll check again later today. Best of luck to you.

Sorry! I see where it says Shark Id = Username . Long day at work lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I went back on that link to try to retrieve my ID but now it says the account is locked. did anyone else run into this issue?

This is my first time applying to any of NSU’s programs. For the past few days it said “null” for username and email now it’s displaying a username as of today although it still says “null” for nsu email

Last edited:
Has anyone received any updates? I called the department this morning and was advised the email was merely a communication as considerable time had passed since my submission. She also mentioned that by no means did it imply a decision nor did it mean I had been wait-listed but was unable to say when I’d receive a decision

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone received any updates? I called the department this morning and was advised the email was merely a communication as considerable time had passed since my submission. She also mentioned that by no means did it imply a decision nor did it mean I had been wait-listed but was unable to say when I’d receive a decision
Ugh. What is taking so long :rolleyes::(

It really is. I can only imagine what it’s going to feel like during the dental school application process.

For those who have been accepted into the Biomedical Science program Fall 2020 and are looking to go to medical school, is it realistic to take the MCAT after graduating from the master's program in hopes of getting admission into a medical school Fall 2021?

Has anyone had any email update or called to inquire with admissions?

I gave in and called and was advised decisions will go out for everyone that has applied by the end of this month.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? They said one week before . They must be waiting for more apps to come in before making their decision/ filling up spots.
I don’t think the volume of apps matters, from my understanding it’s rolling admissions so they have to make decisions on apps as they come in. It just unfortunate that they specifically said they would issue decision about 1 week after submission (at least in the webinar they did) :(

I don’t think the volume of apps matters, from my understanding it’s rolling admissions so they have to make decisions on apps as they come in. It just unfortunate that they specifically said they would issue decision about 1 week after submission (at least in the webinar they did) :(

Exactly ! This is the complete opposite of what they said in the webinar. So you’re telling me I have to wait two months for a decision to a Masters program. Ridiculous.

I think I might just accept my offer from NSU’s Biological Masters Program and call it a day . I also invite you guys to apply as well just incase . It starts June 22 but they’re going to start online . Also the program doesn’t have an guaranteed interview but it still seems like a really great program.

I think I might just accept my offer from NSU’s Biological Masters Program and call it a day . I also invite you guys to apply as well just incase . It starts June 22 but they’re going to start online . Also the program doesn’t have an guaranteed interview but it still seems like a really great program.
I do believe the summer deadline is May 10th for this program

I was also initially informed it would only be one week which is why I called because it’s been more than one week. Im not sure what’s taking so long

I was also initially informed it would only be one week which is why I called because it’s been more than one week. Im not sure what’s taking so long
Who did you call ? I think I’m going to call and see if I get the same answer.

Who did you call ? I think I’m going to call and see if I get the same answer.
When I first called, prior to attending the webinar, front desk informed me that the decision would take 4-6 weeks. However, at the webinar I recall the hosts saying it would be within 1 week. So I’m not sure which to go by

I called the admissions counselor Nikki (954) 262-1113

Same lol. I heard some people say their acceptance emails came directly from her.
I’m just confused on why they’re waiting until the end of the month when some applicants were accepted 2 -3 weeks after their application was completed

This entire post is giving me anxiety at this point :(

If anyone else tries it out let me know if it works for you
I submitted my app on March 10. I was waiting on my letter of recommendations to come in. I got the call yesterday that my app was now complete and submitted for review. This morning I saw your post about trying the link for login and it worked for me. It showed a shark ID # and NSU ID# but the email null like yours. I really don't know what that means but I hope its good news.

I submitted my app on March 10. I was waiting on my letter of recommendations to come in. I got the call yesterday that my app was now complete and submitted for review. This morning I saw your post about trying the link for login and it worked for me. It showed a shark ID # and NSU ID# but the email null like yours. I really don't know what that means but I hope its good news.
It would be nice if they give us an update sometime this week.

I only applied to this program and was able to log in to sharklink. I still have not received a response regarding admissions though. Praying that's a good sign!!

I received this too... But I took it as a soft rejection. I'm praying, they're just backed up too!
Hello! When was your application completed? Did you receive the email the same day as the rest of us (5/4) ?

Hello! When was your application completed? Did you receive the email the same day as the rest of us (5/4) ?
My application was completed on 3/11 according to the portal. I think they submitted the application for review on 4/14 (according to email). And yes, I got the email on 5/4 like you guys.

Heads up guys! I just received a call with an acceptance!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users