NSU Master of Biomedical Science 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone else heard back from the program, from either dental or Med tracks? Since one person already mentioned that they got the call?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the acceptance call yesterday-med track

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted into the med track. Call was yesterday. Waiting for the official email. Also @Nameste92 I applied there and got in. The program sounded great, but the only downside for me was that they are a new program.

Reactions: 1 user
congrats to everyone accepted! hoping they send more acceptances out :(

Guys I got the acceptance call on Wednesday but I haven’t received the email yet...have any of you?

They are waiting for the dean to sign all the letters. Since Monday is a holiday we probably won't get the email until Tuesday at least

Hi everyone!! I made a Facebook group for all 2019 accepted students :)

FB group: Nova Master of Biomedical Sciences 2019

Congrats to you all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted into the med track. Call was yesterday. Waiting for the official email. Also @Nameste92 I applied there and got in. The program sounded great, but the only downside for me was that they are a new program.

Yayy congrats!!!! Please join the FB group I made:

Nova Master of Biomedical Sciences 2019

Hi Friends! Congrats on your acceptances! A few of us old MBS have created a Facebook Group and a GroupMe for you all to get to know each other and us! Please join! We’d love to get to know you guys and help in any way we can! :)

Just throwing it out there, but I still haven't received my Nova denial letter lol...

Rejection letter is coming today I saw it on USPS app

I got a phone call and a letter a few days ago saying I'm an alternate. I feel like it's over for me :(

I got a phone call and a letter a few days ago saying I'm an alternate. I feel like it's over for me :(
Hey you never know, someone might have something else come up and a spot would open up for you

Hey you never know, someone might have something else come up and a spot would open up for you
I hope so :( Honestly it’s hard to tell because they said the alternate list is unranked and I have no clue how many people are on it or how many got off it in past years. Just hoping for a miracle at this point.

I know this isn’t the thread for it, but since a bunch of us are looking for options to get into dental / med school, I thought maybe someone might give some input.

What do you guys think about those certificate programs? for ex) FIU has a certificate in molecular and biomedical sciences. Would this help an application? Obviously this doesn’t hold the weight of a masters program but it’s also shorter (an economic option?) and could possibly be completed before the end of the cycle.

hey, I'm new here and was snooping around. yeah. I found out a couple of things about them and dropped the program right before the drop out date. My advise: Don't even think about FIU's "certificate" program.

hey, I'm new here and was snooping around. yeah. I found out a couple of things about them and dropped the program right before the drop out date. My advise: Don't even think about FIU's "certificate" program.
What was wrong with it?

What was wrong with it?

Sorry can't say anything terrible about them cause they have some amazing professors there. It's just the way they structured the program that wouldn't benefit most pre-med students.

How is it going for you guys? Any recommendations or anything an applicant should know for the next class?

Hi everyone! Wanted to update here for anyone looking for info: The MBS program was cancelled. The last cycle was the final class for the program. There will be no more MBS program at Nova. I encourage you to contact the school because they will be replacing it with something else but it won’t be a guaranteed bridge. I don’t know if they will guarantee anything with it nor do I know too much about what it will be but it seems like it’ll be a regular masters or certificate type thing to improve your application in order to apply to med school. We are all bummed about it. Sorry! :(

Hi everyone! Wanted to update here for anyone looking for info: The MBS program was cancelled. The last cycle was the final class for the program. There will be no more MBS program at Nova. I encourage you to contact the school because they will be replacing it with something else but it won’t be a guaranteed bridge. I don’t know if they will guarantee anything with it nor do I know too much about what it will be but it seems like it’ll be a regular masters or certificate type thing to improve your application in order to apply to med school. We are all bummed about it. Sorry! :(
well that sux. But do keep us posted on what's going on. It's better to have someone from the inside.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hello, I just came across this thread and was wondering what was going on with the MBS program and if it really was canceled or if anyone has a little more information about whats going on.

Is this program really cancelled because I just Submitted an app. For fall 2020

Is this program really cancelled because I just Submitted an app. For fall 2020
I don’t go here I go to LECOM. But yes, all schools are shut down. Online only at this point. All over the news. NSU even had 6 cases so far so yeh. All closed up.

I don’t go here I go to LECOM. But yes, all schools are shut down. Online only at this point. All over the news. NSU even had 6 cases so far so yeh. All closed up.
I didnt Mean due to the corona virus. I was Replying to the thread that someone posted last year about NSU not having an MBS program at all.

I didnt Mean due to the corona virus. I was Replying to the thread that someone posted last year about NSU not having an MBS program at all.
Yes bc of the coronavirus all schools have been shut down for the entire semester and graduations have all been canceled

yep. it has been cancelled. I have talked to one of the advisors there. I'm looking into other options but no luck...

yep. it has been cancelled. I have talked to one of the advisors there. I'm looking into other options but no luck...
That’s so weird because someone from admissions called me to informed I was Still missing documents for my application to be reviewed.

Why would their entire MBS info page be on their website if it’s cancelled? I also Don’t understand why my application went through and they have called to remind me about sending in transcripts if it’s cancelled.

Hello,
I know this thread is a year old. But I wanted to seek some info. I recently just applied for NOVA's MBS program but I saw somewhere on another thread on SDN that this program has been cancelled for good? is this true?

Why would their entire MBS info page be on their website if it’s cancelled? I also Don’t understand why my application went through and they have called to remind me about sending in transcripts if it’s cancelled.
Sorry for the confusion.....As far as I know from an advisor when I participated in one of the virtual fairs, it is cancelled and I heard from another that it is undergoing "curriculum restructuring".....I have no clue what's going on with them. They are a mess......... anyone currently in the program, PLEASE shred some light!! Please!!!!

Last edited:
Sorry for the confusion.....As far as I know from an advisor when I participated in one of the virtual fairs, it is cancelled and I heard from another that it is undergoing "curriculum restructuring".....I have no clue what's going on with them. They are a mess......... anyone currently in the program, PLEASE shred some light!! Please!!!!
Thank you!!! Yes someone please shed some light!

The program is still going but is NOT a bridge program anymore. Before, you had a secure spot into the dental program but now you don’t and it’s just a masters. That’s what they told us in the ooen house but you can call and confirm this.

• Dislike
Thank you!!! Yes someone please shed some light!
I'm not sure! If you look at the brochure for incoming fall 2020 student, on page 4 & 5 it describes that there is still a linkage into dental or medical school. I would definitely call and follow up with the actual director of this masters program to see what the deal is.

whats the difference between this program (master of biomedical sciences) and nova's master of science in biological sciences program? I'm predental so which one should i apply to? Also does this program require dat score to apply?

Hi! I'm pre dental as well. I'm not too sure what the difference is but I did watch some videos on both and it seems like they are both helpful in getting you into health professional schools. I applied to the Master of Biomedical Sciences program though and my app is under review. Let me know if you end up applying as well! :)
whats the difference between this program (master of biomedical sciences) and nova's master of science in biological sciences program? I'm predental so which one should i apply to? Also does this program require dat score to apply?

Hi! I'm pre dental as well. I'm not too sure what the difference is but I did watch some videos on both and it seems like they are both helpful in getting you into health professional schools. I applied to the Master of Biomedical Sciences program though and my app is under review. Let me know if you end up applying as well! :)

Hi! I am currently applying to both master programs. The only big difference I can see is that the biomedical program has a guarantee interview for med/dental school if you fulfill the requirements.

Hi! I am currently applying to both master programs. The only big difference I can see is that the biomedical program has a guarantee interview for med/dental school if you fulfill the requirements.
Actually, both have guranteed interviews if you meet certain gpa/dat scores. The main difference I took away is that the MBS program requires a DAT score to apply while the MS in biological science program does not require a standardized test score to apply. Also, the MBS program requires certain pre reqs the MS in biological science does not and vice versa. The MS in biological science program is summer I start term only as well.