NSU Master of Biomedical Sciences 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imacooldentist

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I haven't seen a thread for this years application, so I thought to make one. Feel free to post comments/questions/inputs if you are applying to the 2017 cycle.

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL!

Completed: 1/10/17

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I applied on January the 5th! all ready and set to go!

Completed today. Got the phone call!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey anyone heard back yet? Do they email you or call you?

I don't think that they start reviewing and interviewing until march. but they do call and email you about receiving your app and documents.

I read through last year's messages and it seems we won't hear anything about interviews until March. They should call you to inform if your app is complete or not.

I applied the last week of January. From my understanding, they do not extend interviews until late March and out-of-state should get priority

Hi, do you guys know if we have to re-take the MCAT after getting accepted to the program? Like getting a certain MCAT to get into their DO school?

Hi, do you guys know if we have to re-take the MCAT after getting accepted to the program? Like getting a certain MCAT to get into their DO school?
You do not have to re-take the MCAT if you complete the program. There are however certain grade requirements in the program that you need to fulfill in order to become part of their DO school.

Reactions: 2 users
Current med MBS here! Let me know if you have any questions

has anyone heard when exactly interview invites are sent out to us?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys, I interviewed last year. Was waitlisted but never moved off the list unfortunately. Applying again this year. If you have questions lmk. Honestly, it is mostly a waiting game. Patience will be required.

Reactions: 1 users
hey guys, I interviewed last year. Was waitlisted but never moved off the list unfortunately. Applying again this year. If you have questions lmk. Honestly, it is mostly a waiting game. Patience will be required.
When did you hear back last year? And did they email/call you? Best of luck to you this year!

When did you hear back last year? And did they email/call you? Best of luck to you this year!
To get an idea- I applied 2/11/16, received my interview invite 3/29, interviewed 4/26, and got a call of acceptance around the middle of May.

Hey guys! I just submitted by application but I'm not entirely sure where to send my MCAT scores and LOR. Do they have to receive our transcripts first?

I submitted first week of January and interviewed late April. I'm pretty sure they verify the MCAT scores for you and if you applied to the regular DO program, they get your info from there as well.

To get an idea- I applied 2/11/16, received my interview invite 3/29, interviewed 4/26, and got a call of acceptance around the middle of May.
how do you like the program? was the interview difficult? and how is the transition to going into your first year? do you repeat the same classes? sorry for all the questions but any insight at all would be appreciated :)

Is this program guaranteed if you meet the requirements?

how do you like the program? was the interview difficult? and how is the transition to going into your first year? do you repeat the same classes? sorry for all the questions but any insight at all would be appreciated :)
I absolutely love it! It's extremely difficult but also very rewarding. The interview was casual and laid back which was nice. So if you get an A in any classes during your MBS year, you do not repeat the class your M1 year. If you get a B, you meet the requirement to matriculate but have to retake the course your M1 year. No problem, ask away!

This thread is dead, anyone hear anything lately? When have you guys applied?

I applied back in January, from looking at past threads it seems as though we should hear something around the last couple days of the month

I'm guessing we will hear next week? I'm surprised there aren't more people on this thread who have applied :\

This may not be the correct thread because its under the "pre-dental"

This may not be the correct thread because its under the "pre-dental"
the program is for dental and medical so I don't think that has anything to do with it. hopefully we'll all start hearing back by the end of next week :nailbiting::shrug:

the program is for dental and medical so I don't think that has anything to do with it. hopefully we'll all start hearing back by the end of next week :nailbiting::shrug:
kinda does, the majority of applicants to this program apply as pre-meds. So they will search under pre-medical forums.

if you search for any thread pertaining to nova mbs, this is what comes up, along with the previous years threads so I think its pretty accessible

Yeah, I'm sure its not an issue. It's SDN, people will go through the greatest lengths finding threads about their topic

How have you all been checking for updates on your application status? Have you been calling in?

Called the other day and I am still pending :/

I applied 2/20, still no emails or calls either :(

Be patient and don't lose hope, it's a big waiting game from here on in. I don't think any interview invites have been sent out yet.

Can anyone provide me the number for admissions? I've tried all the numbers but cannot get ahold of someone.

When you guys say "updates for application status"- are you talking about completeness of the app or an II?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using SDN mobile

Can anyone provide me the number for admissions? I've tried all the numbers but cannot get ahold of someone.
800-541-6682 Then you just have to listen to the phone system. Go Admissions/applications -> graduate programs -> college of medical sciences (I think that's how it was...)

800-541-6682 Then you just have to listen to the phone system. Go Admissions/applications -> graduate programs -> college of medical sciences (I think that's how it was...)
Thank you it worked!!!!!

Hey everyone!
Current med-MBS here, don't hesitate to ask any questions or message me.
Good luck!!

I am kind of late in the game. I've been dealing with some personal issue and got a late start. Did they update all of the transcripts and LORs has received quickly or did they take a while once they received them?

I am kind of late in the game. I've been dealing with some personal issue and got a late start. Did they update all of the transcripts and LORs has received quickly or did they take a while once they received them?
Took a couple of days, but now that its close to the deadline I am sure other people are prob trying to get theirs in too. So it really depends on how many other people they have to update files for as well.

Hey! Is biochem required for admissions?

I emailed in my LOR and MCAT scores yesterday and they received them today, but they told me it takes 24-48 hours to process. I would call them and verify that they received everything.

According to previous threads, they should send interviews anytime this week or next week :/ if any current MBS students hear anything about the process, pleeease reach out! I think we all would be sooo thankful

Reactions: 3 users