NSU Master of Biomedical Sciences 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Med!!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats to everyone that's received an interview. By any chance have any of the Pre-Dental students heard back about any II. My application was completed Jan 8th so quite early in the cycle and I still haven't heard back. Getting more and more anxious by the day.

Congrats to everyone that's received an interview. By any chance have any of the Pre-Dental students heard back about any II. My application was completed Jan 8th so quite early in the cycle and I still haven't heard back. Getting more and more anxious by the day.
Same here! My app was complete Jan 10th and I haven't heard anything yet.

I had planned on redoing my DAT in march and that's what I stated in my app, but I was unable to actually do it. So, I'm wondering if that's going to hurt my chances at all... I've already emailed the guy who I guess is in charge of this, but he's out until Friday! It also sucks that the dental seats are so much less than the meds!!:unsure:

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gone for their interview yet this cycle? Would love to hear about the atmosphere/vibe of the whole interview day.
Also, does anyone have any insight on how many applications they accept for their class vs who apply and interview?

I am a pre-dent and have not heard back from NSU yet. I've tried many times to get in touch with Jonathan Gusmano (admissions director), and he hasn't returned any of my calls. My application was completed on 3/8, but past threads make it seem as though your application submission date does not matter.

I guess all of us will have to wait a little while longer, I've literally been refreshing my e-mail all day just to see if anything has come in. Also, I can confirm from the appointment website for interviews there are dates available in early May still.

Hi does anyone know when the next batch of interviews will be sent out? How many rounds of IIs are sent out?

Hi does anyone know when the next batch of interviews will be sent out? How many rounds of IIs are sent out?
Im guessing that itll be sent out sometime this week also i got confirmation that the medical students are getting interviewed first and dental will be interviewed after. I dont have a specific date that they will send out invites though which really is stressful during finals unfortunately

Reactions: 1 user
Do a majority of the people interviewed get accepted? Does anyone know the likelihood?

Does anyone have an idea what they ask during the interview?
As far as I know it's standard stuff, no curveballs.
(for future thread-stalkers, application was complete ~March 20, II 2 weeks later) Never too late.

Interviewing today! Will let you guys know how the interview goes!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
received an II 4/18 :soexcited::soexcited:
Dental Track
App completed 1/10
There were 5 days to choose from so hopefully, lots of you will be getting an invite soon:biglove:

Reactions: 3 users
received an II 4/18 :soexcited::soexcited:
Dental Track
App completed 1/10
There were 5 days to choose from so hopefully, lots of you will be getting an invite soon:biglove:
Congrats! I wish you the best in your upcoming interview, it has been two days now I hope it's not safe to assume those of us dental students who haven't heard anything back aren't going to receive an interview. Has anyone else going the dental route heard anything else as to whats going on?

Congrats! I wish you the best in your upcoming interview, it has been two days now I hope it's not safe to assume those of us dental students who haven't heard anything back aren't going to receive an interview. Has anyone else going the dental route heard anything else as to whats going on?

I still haven't heard anything.

Hey guys! For the interview it was pretty relaxed and they just really want to get to know who you are. Be prepared for questions about low grades/MCAT scores. They want to also know why you're interested in the program. Good luck everyone!!

Guys I'm freaking out. Since I didn't get an interview by now does that mean I'm rejected? Can someone give me some advice please/

I called last week and was told that i would hear by the end of this week and i still have not heard back. Has anyone else not heard back?

I haven't but my application was complete on 03/27 so IDK if its because I submitted so late.

I called last week and was told that i would hear by the end of this week and i still have not heard back. Has anyone else not heard back?

I still haven't heard back either. When I called today they said my application is still under review :(

I still haven't heard back either. When I called today they said my application is still under review :(

Yea I called Monday and they told me the same thing.

I don't get it?
Do you think they'll send us an email telling us if we are rejected?

I withdrew my app today because I just got into Med school. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
I don't get it?
Do you think they'll send us an email telling us if we are rejected?

Last year I received by rejection letter in the mail on April 19. Not sure what's going on this year and how they will deliver it. It seems they are a week or two behind their normal schedule.

Last year I received by rejection letter in the mail on April 19. Not sure what's going on this year and how they will deliver it. It seems they are a week or two behind their normal schedule.
So do you think we have a chance of still getting a interview? Legit I call everyday, and all I get is still under review.

So do you think we have a chance of still getting a interview? Legit I call everyday, and all I get is still under review.

From what I've seen from previous years, there should be 1 more batch of II's sent out!! Let's hope and pray we're in that number!!

From what I've seen from previous years, there should be 1 more batch of II's sent out!! Let's hope and pray we're in that number!!
Thank god! I'm glad there is still hope.
I thought they already sent out the second patch of interviews. Thank you for answering the questions and clarifying everything for me.
I really do wish the best for you and for everyone.
God willing we will all get this interview!

This might seem like a dumb question, but why does NSU hold interviews for this program when no other program that I've applied to does? Is there something special about this particular program that I'm missing? I've already been accepted to a couple of programs so I don't think I would need to go to this interview (if given the opportunity) other than for practice.

Last edited:
This might seem like a dumb question, but why does NSU hold interviews for this program when no other program that I've applied to does? Is there something special about this particular program that I'm missing? I've already been accepted by a couple of programs so I don't think I would be need to go to this interview (if given the opportunity) other than for practice.
I think they interview to make sure their student are ready for medical school (or dental school) before they give them admission since they have direct linkage program to their DO/ Dental program. So it is more competitive to get into these sort of bridge programs.

Has anyone heard anything lately?

Last edited:
is the program one or two years?
and is there a linkage between professional school and the master pogram?

is the program one or two years?
and is there a linkage between professional school and the master pogram?

Yes it has a direct linkage to the DO and Dentistry Programs. They told us at the interview that "your seat is saved" if you get in. Also if you get all Bs, you go into the programs but if you get even just 1 C you have to repeat the class or classes you got a C in the second yr of the program, while doing research/other stuff to fill your time.

Hey has anything heard anything yet? I tried calling today but there was no answer...

II today around 5pm. There is only 3 interview dates left during the second week of May. :claps:

II today around 5pm. There is only 3 interview dates left during the second week of May. :claps:
Congrats! By "only 3 interview dates left", do you mean 3 more interview dates total or just in May for kids who want to do it earlier than June? Also are there multiple interviews on each date?

Congrats! By "only 3 interview dates left", do you mean 3 more interview dates total or just in May for kids who want to do it earlier than June? Also are there multiple interviews on each date?
I might be wrong, but I think May is the last month for interview dates. I went for an interview already and it was 1 group per interview date. There was a total of 5 people including myself.

I might be wrong, but I think May is the last month for interview dates. I went for an interview already and it was 1 group per interview date. There was a total of 5 people including myself.
Congrats to you too. If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?

Interview tomorrow gahhhhh

I give up. I don't think I'm going to get an interview :(
I really wanted to go to this school. Oh well.

Hello everyone,
I have an interview for this program this week.
The e-mail didn't specify a building or room number.
I e-mailed the person who sent me the interview invite, but I haven't received a reply.

Am I missing something? I know that the campus is in Ft. Lauderdale
but I imagine that the actual campus is pretty large. I don't want to get there and be aimlessly lost.

Please reply if you know anything, thank you in advance