-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NSU Master of Biomedical Sciences 2017
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats to everyone that's received an interview. By any chance have any of the Pre-Dental students heard back about any II. My application was completed Jan 8th so quite early in the cycle and I still haven't heard back. Getting more and more anxious by the day.
Same here! My app was complete Jan 10th and I haven't heard anything yet.Congrats to everyone that's received an interview. By any chance have any of the Pre-Dental students heard back about any II. My application was completed Jan 8th so quite early in the cycle and I still haven't heard back. Getting more and more anxious by the day.
I had planned on redoing my DAT in march and that's what I stated in my app, but I was unable to actually do it. So, I'm wondering if that's going to hurt my chances at all... I've already emailed the guy who I guess is in charge of this, but he's out until Friday! It also sucks that the dental seats are so much less than the meds!!🤔
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to everyone that's received an interview. By any chance have any of the Pre-Dental students heard back about any II. My application was completed Jan 8th so quite early in the cycle and I still haven't heard back. Getting more and more anxious by the day.
I am a pre-dent and have not heard back from NSU yet. I've tried many times to get in touch with Jonathan Gusmano (admissions director), and he hasn't returned any of my calls. My application was completed on 3/8, but past threads make it seem as though your application submission date does not matter.
Hi does anyone know when the next batch of interviews will be sent out? How many rounds of IIs are sent out?
Im guessing that itll be sent out sometime this week also i got confirmation that the medical students are getting interviewed first and dental will be interviewed after. I dont have a specific date that they will send out invites though which really is stressful during finals unfortunatelyHi does anyone know when the next batch of interviews will be sent out? How many rounds of IIs are sent out?
Does anyone have an idea what they ask during the interview?
As far as I know it's standard stuff, no curveballs.Does anyone have an idea what they ask during the interview?
(for future thread-stalkers, application was complete ~March 20, II 2 weeks later) Never too late.
They interview ~70 and take 35-40.Do a majority of the people interviewed get accepted? Does anyone know the likelihood?
Interviewing today! Will let you guys know how the interview goes!
Best of luck to you!!Interviewing today! Will let you guys know how the interview goes!
received an II 4/18 

Dental Track
App completed 1/10
There were 5 days to choose from so hopefully, lots of you will be getting an invite soon


Dental Track
App completed 1/10
There were 5 days to choose from so hopefully, lots of you will be getting an invite soon

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! I wish you the best in your upcoming interview, it has been two days now I hope it's not safe to assume those of us dental students who haven't heard anything back aren't going to receive an interview. Has anyone else going the dental route heard anything else as to whats going on?received an II 4/18
Dental Track
App completed 1/10
There were 5 days to choose from so hopefully, lots of you will be getting an invite soon![]()
Congrats! I wish you the best in your upcoming interview, it has been two days now I hope it's not safe to assume those of us dental students who haven't heard anything back aren't going to receive an interview. Has anyone else going the dental route heard anything else as to whats going on?
I still haven't heard anything.
Hey guys! For the interview it was pretty relaxed and they just really want to get to know who you are. Be prepared for questions about low grades/MCAT scores. They want to also know why you're interested in the program. Good luck everyone!!
I called last week and was told that i would hear by the end of this week and i still have not heard back. Has anyone else not heard back?
I called last week and was told that i would hear by the end of this week and i still have not heard back. Has anyone else not heard back?
I still haven't heard back either. When I called today they said my application is still under review 🙁
I still haven't heard back either. When I called today they said my application is still under review 🙁
Yea I called Monday and they told me the same thing.
I don't get it?I still haven't heard back either. When I called today they said my application is still under review 🙁
Do you think they'll send us an email telling us if we are rejected?
I don't get it?
Do you think they'll send us an email telling us if we are rejected?
Last year I received by rejection letter in the mail on April 19. Not sure what's going on this year and how they will deliver it. It seems they are a week or two behind their normal schedule.
So do you think we have a chance of still getting a interview? Legit I call everyday, and all I get is still under review.Last year I received by rejection letter in the mail on April 19. Not sure what's going on this year and how they will deliver it. It seems they are a week or two behind their normal schedule.
So do you think we have a chance of still getting a interview? Legit I call everyday, and all I get is still under review.
From what I've seen from previous years, there should be 1 more batch of II's sent out!! Let's hope and pray we're in that number!!
Thank god! I'm glad there is still hope.From what I've seen from previous years, there should be 1 more batch of II's sent out!! Let's hope and pray we're in that number!!
I thought they already sent out the second patch of interviews. Thank you for answering the questions and clarifying everything for me.
I really do wish the best for you and for everyone.
God willing we will all get this interview!
This might seem like a dumb question, but why does NSU hold interviews for this program when no other program that I've applied to does? Is there something special about this particular program that I'm missing? I've already been accepted to a couple of programs so I don't think I would need to go to this interview (if given the opportunity) other than for practice.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think they interview to make sure their student are ready for medical school (or dental school) before they give them admission since they have direct linkage program to their DO/ Dental program. So it is more competitive to get into these sort of bridge programs.This might seem like a dumb question, but why does NSU hold interviews for this program when no other program that I've applied to does? Is there something special about this particular program that I'm missing? I've already been accepted by a couple of programs so I don't think I would be need to go to this interview (if given the opportunity) other than for practice.
is the program one or two years?
and is there a linkage between professional school and the master pogram?
Yes it has a direct linkage to the DO and Dentistry Programs. They told us at the interview that "your seat is saved" if you get in. Also if you get all Bs, you go into the programs but if you get even just 1 C you have to repeat the class or classes you got a C in the second yr of the program, while doing research/other stuff to fill your time.
Hey has anything heard anything yet? I tried calling today but there was no answer...
Are they all still available or have they been taken?II today around 5pm. There is only 3 interview dates left during the second week of May.![]()
Did You have a interview today?II today around 5pm. There is only 3 interview dates left during the second week of May.![]()
Has anyone been rejected yet?
Did You have a interview today?
I got the interview invitation and the calendar only has 3 dates for May available.
Congrats!. I called today and they said that I'm under review. Praying for an interview.I got the interview invitation and the calendar only has 3 dates for May available.
Congrats! By "only 3 interview dates left", do you mean 3 more interview dates total or just in May for kids who want to do it earlier than June? Also are there multiple interviews on each date?II today around 5pm. There is only 3 interview dates left during the second week of May.![]()
I might be wrong, but I think May is the last month for interview dates. I went for an interview already and it was 1 group per interview date. There was a total of 5 people including myself.Congrats! By "only 3 interview dates left", do you mean 3 more interview dates total or just in May for kids who want to do it earlier than June? Also are there multiple interviews on each date?
Congrats to you too. If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?I might be wrong, but I think May is the last month for interview dates. I went for an interview already and it was 1 group per interview date. There was a total of 5 people including myself.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! It was high gpa (after retakes) with a little bellow 500 MCATCongrats to you too. If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?
Ohh I thought you were pre dental. Have any pre dents heard back?Thank you! It was high gpa (after retakes) with a little bellow 500 MCAT
Ohh I thought you were pre dental. Have any pre dents heard back?
I noticed above that one pre-dent has received an II.
Hello everyone,
I have an interview for this program this week.
The e-mail didn't specify a building or room number.
I e-mailed the person who sent me the interview invite, but I haven't received a reply.
Am I missing something? I know that the campus is in Ft. Lauderdale
but I imagine that the actual campus is pretty large. I don't want to get there and be aimlessly lost.
Please reply if you know anything, thank you in advance
I have an interview for this program this week.
The e-mail didn't specify a building or room number.
I e-mailed the person who sent me the interview invite, but I haven't received a reply.
Am I missing something? I know that the campus is in Ft. Lauderdale
but I imagine that the actual campus is pretty large. I don't want to get there and be aimlessly lost.
Please reply if you know anything, thank you in advance
Similar threads
- Replies
- 14
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 490
