You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NSU Masters of Biomedical Science Fall 2021
Started by tmontanta300
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Unfortunately I haven't yet! I emailed Nikki on 2/16 and she said this: "The committee has not sent out any notifications. Notifications should be sent out with the next couple of weeks."
This weekend I got an envelope in the mail and almost freaked out but it was advertising another one of their masters programs...
This weekend I got an envelope in the mail and almost freaked out but it was advertising another one of their masters programs...

hopefuldrbuckeye
Full Member
Got that same envelope last week and thought the same thing lol. I feel like they should’ve come out with something by now... but they haven’tUnfortunately I haven't yet! I emailed Nikki on 2/16 and she said this: "The committee has not sent out any notifications. Notifications should be sent out with the next couple of weeks."
This weekend I got an envelope in the mail and almost freaked out but it was advertising another one of their masters programs...![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TeresaE
Full Member
OMMMGGGG ME TOOO!! I got a big envelope in the mail, i freaked out and tore it open at my front door but it was just info on their biological science master's program.Unfortunately I haven't yet! I emailed Nikki on 2/16 and she said this: "The committee has not sent out any notifications. Notifications should be sent out with the next couple of weeks."
This weekend I got an envelope in the mail and almost freaked out but it was advertising another one of their masters programs...![]()
tmontanta300
Full Member
Right, hopefully we will hear something Mid March, early April :')Got that same envelope last week and thought the same thing lol. I feel like they should’ve come out with something by now... but they haven’t
hopefuldrbuckeye
Full Member
Early April?!😱 I sure hope not! Lol. I’m really hoping it’s next week...Right, hopefully we will hear something Mid March, early April :')
tmontanta300
Full Member
Tell my why I just received an email and thought it was gonna be an acceptance email >.<Early April?!😱 I sure hope not! Lol. I’m really hoping it’s next week...
I really do hope decisions come out this week or next week. I cant wait any longer.
Did your friend end up going to the program? How has his experience been?Its hard to tell because the deadline is August first so decisions will come intermittently I expect some to come late marchish. If it helps my friend was accepted last year he applied late May and got an acceptance early July.
TeresaE
Full Member
They actually have a groupme set up for the Winter term... I joined it to see what was going on and for insite. The exam schedules are crazy. But everyone seem like they are doing well.Did your friend end up going to the program? How has his experience been?
Oh wow great idea!! Glad to hear they’re doing well!They actually have a groupme set up for the Winter term... I joined it to see what was going on and for insite. The exam schedules are crazy. But everyone seem like they are doing well.
hopefuldrbuckeye
Full Member
I tried calling just now. I’ll try again in a bit. In my experience, it’s easier to get ahold of Nikki via phone call than email lol. I’ll let y’all know if I get an update as wellI can't take it no longer, I emailed asking when should we expect calls on acceptance lol. Maybe if more people bug them they will speed it up.
hopefuldrbuckeye
Full Member
I was able to get ahold of her. She said that there are no updates as far as she can tell. She acknowledged that they are taking a little longer than normal and she recently checked in with them. No definitive timeline yet, however. She’s hopeful we will know something soon.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
TeresaE
Full Member
She responded to my email a couple hours later, She said the same thing 🙁I tried calling just now. I’ll try again in a bit. In my experience, it’s easier to get ahold of Nikki via phone call than email lol. I’ll let y’all know if I get an update as well
Did you submit the application with an essay? When I called to ask about details I was told about writing an essay, but my online application didn't have the option so I'm freaking out a little!
TeresaE
Full Member
After you submit your application there is a section called supplemental items and documents. That's where you submit your 2 personal essays, transcripts, and LORDid you submit the application with an essay? When I called to ask about details I was told about writing an essay, but my online application didn't have the option so I'm freaking out a little!
Thank you, that's what I thought but for some reason I only have the option for transcripts. I emailed them so hopefully I get an answer soon.After you submit your application there is a section called supplemental items and documents. That's where you submit your 2 personal essays, transcripts, and LOR
Nikki just gave me a call - I got in!
nguytiffany
New Member
Nikki gave me a call! Accepted 🙂
hopefuldrbuckeye
Full Member
Congratulations to the both of you! Hoping to hear similar news soon😅
hopefuldrbuckeye
Full Member
I got an email... not a call. Which I assume means “maybe” since it didn’t say I was accepted, just being considered.
hopefuldrbuckeye
Full Member
We’re in the same boat it appears! Fingers crossedOMG i got an email just now saying i was under review with other applicants . I pray i get in!
hopefuldrbuckeye
Full Member
I was showering and staring at my phone the entire time 😂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tmontanta300
Full Member
congrats to those who got accepted :').
hopefully we all get the same news
hopefully we all get the same news
Congrats!! 🙂 Yes I got into another program and am waiting to hear back from a third. Going to start making pros/cons charts tonight lol!What’s up everyone! I also got the call too 🥳, are you guys weighing your options for other schools?
premed508221
New Member
Can anyone accepted give their stats please? 🙏
3.2 cGPA, 3.0 sGPA, no MCAT (taking 5/1), nontrad with work experience in biotech and clinical research. My stats really don't stand out - I think my essays made the difference!Can anyone accepted give their stats please? 🙏
ElGuapo1011
Full Member
For the people who got in, Does the letter of acceptance tell you how long you have to decide before you put a deposit down?? Like two weeks or something?
nguytiffany
New Member
3.3 cGPA, 3.0 sGPA, no MCAT (taking it 6/4), GRE 303. I worked a ton during undergrad so I have 1,000+ hours in scribbing and 1,000+ hours as a medical assistant - physicians I worked with wrote awesome LORs!Can anyone accepted give their stats please? 🙏
ElGuapo1011
Full Member
Do yall
do yall put 1000+ hours of scribing and as a medical assistant because I just put, Ive been working for 2 years lmao3.3 cGPA, 3.0 sGPA, no MCAT (taking it 6/4), GRE 303. I worked a ton during undergrad so I have 1,000+ hours in scribbing and 1,000+ hours as a medical assistant - physicians I worked with wrote awesome LORs!
hopefuldrbuckeye
Full Member
I would quantify the hours if you can. Sounds better and let’s them know what 2 years looks like. 2 years could be 5 hours a month for 24 months. But 1,000+ hours in unmistakable in how much you actually did/learned from itDo yall
do yall put 1000+ hours of scribing and as a medical assistant because I just put, Ive been working for 2 years lmao
I received my letter today and it says I have until 3/29 to submit my $250 deposit... so yep two weeks!For the people who got in, Does the letter of acceptance tell you how long you have to decide before you put a deposit down?? Like two weeks or something?
TeresaE
Full Member
August 17 I believeDoes anyone know the start date for this coming Fall?
tmontanta300
Full Member
I think it begins August 23rd, not the 17thAugust 17 I believe
tmontanta300
Full Member
when did your application go under review?I received my letter today and it says I have until 3/29 to submit my $250 deposit... so yep two weeks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received a call from admissions on 1/23 saying it was moving on to the committee for reviewwhen did your application go under review?
ElGuapo1011
Full Member
well I called the admissions team and they told me for the fall the have 70ish seats and the winter group has 30ish seats for the biomedical program
soo I hope i get a chance
soo I hope i get a chance
ElGuapo1011
Full Member
Just to keep yall updatedwell I called the admissions team and they told me for the fall the have 70ish seats and the winter group has 30ish seats for the biomedical program
soo I hope i get a chance
submitted my application march 9
Got a call today that it is being reviewed.
tmontanta300
Full Member
Just to keep yall updated
submitted my application march 9
Got a call today that it is being reviewed.
Could you share the number for the admission team. I want to make sure I got the right one.well I called the admissions team and they told me for the fall the have 70ish seats and the winter group has 30ish seats for the biomedical program
soo I hope i get a chance
ElGuapo1011
Full Member
1(800) 356-0026, ext. 21101Could you share the number for the admission team. I want to make sure I got the right one.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 14
- Views
- 7K