NSU Masters of Biomedical Science Fall 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tmontanta300

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I applied to the NSU biomedical program for Fall 2021 and was wondering if anyone has heard anything back from the admissions yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Unfortunately I haven't yet! I emailed Nikki on 2/16 and she said this: "The committee has not sent out any notifications. Notifications should be sent out with the next couple of weeks."

This weekend I got an envelope in the mail and almost freaked out but it was advertising another one of their masters programs... :eyebrow:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Unfortunately I haven't yet! I emailed Nikki on 2/16 and she said this: "The committee has not sent out any notifications. Notifications should be sent out with the next couple of weeks."

This weekend I got an envelope in the mail and almost freaked out but it was advertising another one of their masters programs... :eyebrow:
Got that same envelope last week and thought the same thing lol. I feel like they should’ve come out with something by now... but they haven’t

Members don't see this ad :)

OMMMGGGG ME TOOO!! I got a big envelope in the mail, i freaked out and tore it open at my front door but it was just info on their biological science master's program.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Got that same envelope last week and thought the same thing lol. I feel like they should’ve come out with something by now... but they haven’t
Right, hopefully we will hear something Mid March, early April :')

• Wow
Early April?!😱 I sure hope not! Lol. I’m really hoping it’s next week...
Tell my why I just received an email and thought it was gonna be an acceptance email >.<
I really do hope decisions come out this week or next week. I cant wait any longer.

Reactions: 1 users
Its hard to tell because the deadline is August first so decisions will come intermittently I expect some to come late marchish. If it helps my friend was accepted last year he applied late May and got an acceptance early July.

Its hard to tell because the deadline is August first so decisions will come intermittently I expect some to come late marchish. If it helps my friend was accepted last year he applied late May and got an acceptance early July.
Did your friend end up going to the program? How has his experience been?

I can't take it no longer, I emailed asking when should we expect calls on acceptance lol. Maybe if more people bug them they will speed it up.

He actually ended up going to Tulane lol but he is enjoying the program even though its pretty hard as expected so sorry if that doesnt help.

Did your friend end up going to the program? How has his experience been?
They actually have a groupme set up for the Winter term... I joined it to see what was going on and for insite. The exam schedules are crazy. But everyone seem like they are doing well.

They actually have a groupme set up for the Winter term... I joined it to see what was going on and for insite. The exam schedules are crazy. But everyone seem like they are doing well.
Oh wow great idea!! Glad to hear they’re doing well!

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't take it no longer, I emailed asking when should we expect calls on acceptance lol. Maybe if more people bug them they will speed it up.
I tried calling just now. I’ll try again in a bit. In my experience, it’s easier to get ahold of Nikki via phone call than email lol. I’ll let y’all know if I get an update as well

I was able to get ahold of her. She said that there are no updates as far as she can tell. She acknowledged that they are taking a little longer than normal and she recently checked in with them. No definitive timeline yet, however. She’s hopeful we will know something soon.

I tried calling just now. I’ll try again in a bit. In my experience, it’s easier to get ahold of Nikki via phone call than email lol. I’ll let y’all know if I get an update as well
She responded to my email a couple hours later, She said the same thing :(

Did you submit the application with an essay? When I called to ask about details I was told about writing an essay, but my online application didn't have the option so I'm freaking out a little!

Did you submit the application with an essay? When I called to ask about details I was told about writing an essay, but my online application didn't have the option so I'm freaking out a little!
After you submit your application there is a section called supplemental items and documents. That's where you submit your 2 personal essays, transcripts, and LOR

After you submit your application there is a section called supplemental items and documents. That's where you submit your 2 personal essays, transcripts, and LOR
Thank you, that's what I thought but for some reason I only have the option for transcripts. I emailed them so hopefully I get an answer soon.

Nikki just gave me a call - I got in!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Did anyone get a call from Nikki asking for their recent midterms grades? I just got a call from her this morning for a min I thought it was an acceptance call!

What’s up everyone! I also got the call too 🥳, are you guys weighing your options for other schools?

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I got an email... not a call. Which I assume means “maybe” since it didn’t say I was accepted, just being considered.

OMG i got an email just now saying i was under review with other applicants . I pray i get in!

Same. I got the email. I’ve been staring at my phone waiting for a phone call lol. Fingers crossed

congrats to those who got accepted :').
hopefully we all get the same news

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
What’s up everyone! I also got the call too 🥳, are you guys weighing your options for other schools?
Congrats!! :) Yes I got into another program and am waiting to hear back from a third. Going to start making pros/cons charts tonight lol!

Can anyone accepted give their stats please? 🙏
3.2 cGPA, 3.0 sGPA, no MCAT (taking 5/1), nontrad with work experience in biotech and clinical research. My stats really don't stand out - I think my essays made the difference!

Reactions: 2 users
For the people who got in, Does the letter of acceptance tell you how long you have to decide before you put a deposit down?? Like two weeks or something?

Can anyone accepted give their stats please? 🙏
3.3 cGPA, 3.0 sGPA, no MCAT (taking it 6/4), GRE 303. I worked a ton during undergrad so I have 1,000+ hours in scribbing and 1,000+ hours as a medical assistant - physicians I worked with wrote awesome LORs!

Do yall
3.3 cGPA, 3.0 sGPA, no MCAT (taking it 6/4), GRE 303. I worked a ton during undergrad so I have 1,000+ hours in scribbing and 1,000+ hours as a medical assistant - physicians I worked with wrote awesome LORs!
do yall put 1000+ hours of scribing and as a medical assistant because I just put, Ive been working for 2 years lmao

Do yall

do yall put 1000+ hours of scribing and as a medical assistant because I just put, Ive been working for 2 years lmao
I would quantify the hours if you can. Sounds better and let’s them know what 2 years looks like. 2 years could be 5 hours a month for 24 months. But 1,000+ hours in unmistakable in how much you actually did/learned from it

I hope we hear more news today !

For the people who got in, Does the letter of acceptance tell you how long you have to decide before you put a deposit down?? Like two weeks or something?
I received my letter today and it says I have until 3/29 to submit my $250 deposit... so yep two weeks!

For the Self-Report Form, at the end it said mathematics and below that a series of "Course Name", are though's all suppose to be math courses or just other courses we have taken?

well I called the admissions team and they told me for the fall the have 70ish seats and the winter group has 30ish seats for the biomedical program
soo I hope i get a chance

well I called the admissions team and they told me for the fall the have 70ish seats and the winter group has 30ish seats for the biomedical program
Just to keep yall updated
submitted my application march 9
Got a call today that it is being reviewed.

Just to keep yall updated
submitted my application march 9
Got a call today that it is being reviewed.
Could you share the number for the admission team. I want to make sure I got the right one.