NSU Masters of Biomedical Science Fall 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have they sent out rejections? I got an email that I was being reviewed along with the other candidates. Not sure if that means I stand a chance or not?

Members don't see this ad.

Have they sent out rejections? I got an email that I was being reviewed along with the other candidates. Not sure if that means I stand a chance or not?
To my knowledge, they haven’t sent out rejections yet. A few of us got that same email. So we’re just still kind of waiting at this point, sadly

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I made the difficult decision today to decline my acceptance to this program. I hope my seat helps you all out! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I read the thread from last year and people were saying that they received a “under review” and never got another email rejection or acceptance. I really hope that is not the case this year

I read the thread from last year and people were saying that they received a “under review” and never got another email rejection or acceptance. I really hope that is not the case this year
I seriously hope that isn’t the case. I’ve tried to contact Nikki 3x and she hasn’t answered yet lol. I’m holding off on another program because this is my top choice.

I seriously hope that isn’t the case. I’ve tried to contact Nikki 3x and she hasn’t answered yet lol. I’m holding off on another program because this is my top choice.
I called her too today. No answer as well smh.

I read that thread too. They did receive rejection letters but way later on.

Hey guys, I also applied for this Fall 2021 semester and just got off the phone with Nikki. I received the same email that my app is under review and she told me that the decision can take up until August 1st. Classes start August 23rd and they have not made a decision of whether or not it’s gonna be on campus or online.

Reactions: 1 user
So im kind of at a loss, I really thought I would hear by now. Did you all apply elsewhere or what are your plans if Nova does not work out?

So im kind of at a loss, I really thought I would hear by now. Did you all apply elsewhere or what are your plans if Nova does not work out?
I truly have no idea lol I think it’s really disheartening that they are choosing to do it this way as if they are putting us all on the back burner rather than just give us a straight up answer :/ I applied to 2 other schools so we’ll see what happens!

I feel like everyone should just keep calling nikki, maybe that way they'll realize how behind they are with the decisions. I called her today and got the same response.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm hoping since the first round of accepted students were instructed to reply by today, you'll all hear something soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone, current MBS student here. I'll be finishing the program within the next couple of weeks, so if you have any questions feel free to PM me!

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone, current MBS student here. I'll be finishing the program within the next couple of weeks, so if you have any questions feel free to PM me!
Did you like the program? Are you in their Med school? Was it worth it?

I’m also at a loss tbh. I think I’m going to look at applying to other programs... I’ve heard about a couple from others that seem just as good at the minimum. I just don’t want to sit around until potentially August 1st..

Did you like the program? Are you in their Med school? Was it worth it?
It definitely has its pros and cons. I can give you more details through PM, but I'm going to be attending another dental school (not NSU) starting this summer!

For the Self-Report Form, at the end it said mathematics and below that a series of "Course Name", are though's all suppose to be math courses or just other courses we have taken?
I’m wondering the same thing.

3.2 cGPA, 3.0 sGPA, no MCAT (taking 5/1), nontrad with work experience in biotech and clinical research. My stats really don't stand out - I think my essays made the difference!
Are you required to write an essay? I didnt see it on the page

Are you required to write an essay? I didnt see it on the page
After you submit your application, if you go to the top of the page you should see a "Supplemental Items & Documents" tab. Click on that and it'll bring you to a page where you can upload two essays. The first is "What are your career goals and what do you hope to gain from the MBS program? (200 words)" and the second is "Describe a time where you worked effectively as a member of a team (200 words)."

After you submit your application, if you go to the top of the page you should see a "Supplemental Items & Documents" tab. Click on that and it'll bring you to a page where you can upload two essays. The first is "What are your career goals and what do you hope to gain from the MBS program? (200 words)" and the second is "Describe a time where you worked effectively as a member of a team (200 words)."
Just submitted and saw it , thank you!!

For fall does anyone know when it ends? I know NSU starts dental and optometry classes July 26 so wondering if this program overlaps with the professional programs?

Has anyone heard anything yet? I just received an email stating my application is now being under review along with other candidates.

so its gonna take 6 to 8 weeks from when you submitted.... so because I applied in march I would expect something in June tbh

so its gonna take 6 to 8 weeks from when you submitted.... so because I applied in march I would expect something in June tbh
It’s going on 13 weeks since I’ve submitted. Do you mean from when we got the “under review” email?

Hey guys!

I applied to the NSU biomedical program for Fall 2021 and was wondering if anyone has heard anything back from the admissions yet.
Hey! I received my acceptance email on April 1st !!