NSU Masters of Biomedical Science Fall 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello fellow colleagues! I don't see a thread for NSU MD MBS Program for Fall 2022, so I wanted to follow the current thread! Are there students here who can speak more about the program? I just got accepted and I would love to get more information! The website seems confusing, keeps reverting me to the undergraduate page and I'm also trying to find out what the COA is and how past/current students afforded housing if you're off-campus. I saw on this thread that you need at least a 3.5 GPA in the program and a min 505 MCAT to be guaranteed the interview to your professional school choice.
Thank you so much in advance and best of luck to everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello fellow colleagues! I don't see a thread for NSU MD MBS Program for Fall 2022, so I wanted to follow the current thread! Are there students here who can speak more about the program? I just got accepted and I would love to get more information! The website seems confusing, keeps reverting me to the undergraduate page and I'm also trying to find out what the COA is and how past/current students afforded housing if you're off-campus. I saw on this thread that you need at least a 3.5 GPA in the program and a min 505 MCAT to be guaranteed the interview to your professional school choice.
Thank you so much in advance and best of luck to everyone!!
Hey I submitted my app a month ago and I’m still waiting to hear back. When did you apply and how quickly did you receive your acceptance? Was it via email?

Also it’s my understanding that if your GPA while in the MBS program is a 3.5 and your MCAT a 505/ DAT 17 you’re admitted into NSU’s med/dental program. I’m sure With those scores you could also receive interviews elsewhere but I was told there’s a direct matriculation with those stats.

Hey I submitted my app a month ago and I’m still waiting to hear back. When did you apply and how quickly did you receive your acceptance? Was it via email?

Also it’s my understanding that if your GPA while in the MBS program is a 3.5 and your MCAT a 505/ DAT 17 you’re admitted into NSU’s med/dental program. I’m sure With those scores you could also receive interviews elsewhere but I was told there’s a direct matriculation with those stats.
Hi dcz17, it took about a month to hear back with a decision via email and they send you an official (same) letter too, but Mr. James Redding was/is super helpful updating me and I was also proactive in asking if I was missing anything else. They also give you a call to let you know if something is missing or when your app is under review.

No, from my understanding, getting a 3.5 MBS GPA after you complete the program, have at least a 505 MCAT, have taken anatomy and micro in the program, have an overall 3.0+ GPA, AND have an MBS faculty LOR, THEN you're guaranteed an interview to the program that you would like (ie. med school, dental, PA, etc.)...Unfortunately, this is not an automatic acceptance. But I've researched and applied to many other postbacc/graduate programs and I know NSU DO has a program called, "Health Professions Preparations Certificate". When you get admitted to that program, if you meet their requirements, you will be admitted to their DO school after your program ends, so you won't have another gap year. :) I hope that helps, let me know if there's anything I can answer. The people I reached out to have been super helpful including a student who gave me a lot of advice and honest perspective. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi dcz17, it took about a month to hear back with a decision via email and they send you an official (same) letter too, but Mr. James Redding was/is super helpful updating me and I was also proactive in asking if I was missing anything else. They also give you a call to let you know if something is missing or when your app is under review.

No, from my understanding, getting a 3.5 MBS GPA after you complete the program, have at least a 505 MCAT, have taken anatomy and micro in the program, have an overall 3.0+ GPA, AND have an MBS faculty LOR, THEN you're guaranteed an interview to the program that you would like (ie. med school, dental, PA, etc.)...Unfortunately, this is not an automatic acceptance. But I've researched and applied to many other postbacc/graduate programs and I know NSU DO has a program called, "Health Professions Preparations Certificate". When you get admitted to that program, if you meet their requirements, you will be admitted to their DO school after your program ends, so you won't have another gap year. :) I hope that helps, let me know if there's anything I can answer. The people I reached out to have been super helpful including a student who gave me a lot of advice and honest perspective. :)

Thanks for the specifics! The second part about matriculation into their professional programs came straight from the mouth of one of their admissions reps so unless she was lying idk. Regardless thanks!

Also made a thread for 2022-2023 applicants if you wouldn’t mind sharing in their too for others‘ sakes

Last edited:
  • Care
Thanks for the specifics! The second part about matriculation into their professional programs came straight from the mouth of one of their admissions reps so unless she was lying idk. Regardless thanks!

Also made a thread for 2022-2023 applicants if you wouldn’t mind sharing in their too for others‘ sakes

Hey no problem and thank you too! I will definitely comment on that new thread you made! Sorry to hear that someone gave you the wrong info...I recommend attending an info session. The link is on the MBS page if you scroll down: https://md.nova.edu/graduate-programs/biomedical-sciences.html...I also got that specific info from Dr. Beckler during the info session; she was very nice enough to elaborate on what the "guaranteed admission" means...If you look at the number of students in the Fall cohort, they plan on accepting ~70 students...I think the allopathic (NSU MD) medical school matriculates only 51 students (based on MSAR). But then again, the MBS program is for all prehealth (med/dent/PA/optometry/pharm, etc.)

I just finished the MBS program. I graduated with a 3.97(one A-), volunteered with them multiple times, and I’m doing a poster for the neuro anatomy program later in may. I got an automatic interview with MD, but I’m still on the waitlist. Just so you know, no matter how you do in the program the MD acceptance committee has the ultimate say

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I just finished the MBS program. I graduated with a 3.97(one A-), volunteered with them multiple times, and I’m doing a poster for the neuro anatomy program later in may. I got an automatic interview with MD, but I’m still on the waitlist. Just so you know, no matter how you do in the program the MD acceptance committee has the ultimate say
Hi and thank you so much for sharing your experience and Congratulations!!! When you have time, if you don't mind, will you please share your study habits, schedule and everything that you think contributed to your success? Did you have to do things differently than what you did in undergrad? How does it compare to the MCAT or studying for the MCAT? Did you attend class in person, online, or a mix of both? What other advice can you give?
Thank you so much and I have no doubt that you'll get off the waitlist or get in to an awesome med school! Congratulations again!!

I applied early April for the upcoming fall and haven’t heard back yet. Has anyone been accepted or have an idea of when I should expect to hear something?

Hi and thank you so much for sharing your experience and Congratulations!!! When you have time, if you don't mind, will you please share your study habits, schedule and everything that you think contributed to your success? Did you have to do things differently than what you did in undergrad? How does it compare to the MCAT or studying for the MCAT? Did you attend class in person, online, or a mix of both? What other advice can you give?
Thank you so much and I have no doubt that you'll get off the waitlist or get in to an awesome med school! Congratulations again!!
Sorry, I just saw this! The courses are mostly core science classes, not very similar to the MCAT studying. The classes are all recorded, and the best way to study is to rewatch lectures after class. I would rewatch them 4-5 times to make sure I had a good grasp on the material. Most class grades are all from tests, but they are all multiple choice. Only a few classes have other assignments, a couple projects and a couple of papers. Overall it was not bad, I wouldn’t suggest having a full time job for it. The classes alone aren’t that demanding, but the tough part is having 5 core classes in the same semester most important thing is to keep up with your studying, once you fall behind it’s very hard to catch back up

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Sorry, I just saw this! The courses are mostly core science classes, not very similar to the MCAT studying. The classes are all recorded, and the best way to study is to rewatch lectures after class. I would rewatch them 4-5 times to make sure I had a good grasp on the material. Most class grades are all from tests, but they are all multiple choice. Only a few classes have other assignments, a couple projects and a couple of papers. Overall it was not bad, I wouldn’t suggest having a full time job for it. The classes alone aren’t that demanding, but the tough part is having 5 core classes in the same semester most important thing is to keep up with your studying, once you fall behind it’s very hard to catch back up
Thank you so much for your helpful advice!! Congratulations on completing this program and hope your interviews/acceptances are rolling in!

Did you ultimately get off the waitlist and feel like they actually give the MBS students an advantage for doing well?