Nuclear Pharmacist guidance needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

curiosity_2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am interested in becoming a nuclear pharmacist. I have a few questions that I need a guidance from an active nuclear pharmacist.

1. Do nuclear pharmacists get paid shift differential since they usually work at night time from 12 AM to 8 AM?

2. After completed the 200 hours didactic portion, how can an individual obtain the 500 hours hand-on experience?

3. Which school/program is well known to prepare a registered pharmacist to become a nuclear pharmacist? For example, the students from this school/program can pass the board certified nuclear pharmacist license exam with a high score and have a lot of exposure to the nuclear pharmacy working environment. These students from this school/program can have a better chance to get hired from a nuclear pharmacy company.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

By the way, I heard there is PhD or M.S. degree in nuclear pharmacy. is there any benefit of obtaining these degrees when I want to have license as nuclear pharmacist? For example, will I be waived for the 500 hours hand-on experience and 200 hours didactic if I have PhD or M.S. degree in nuclear pharmacy.....

I was wondering if you found out any information about nuclear pharmacy since this post and have you been able to work towards your certification at all?