Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In all seriousness, is there anything that the new generation of physicians can do to halt the progression of increased autonomy by people that don't go to medical school (for knowledge reasons), or even to stop the downward spiral that we seem to be in with losing private practices, money, and respect? I feel like there should be something we could do. I understand it would take a huge commitment by most physicians and therefore probably has no chance- but I'm just interested if anyone has any ideas.
Also, I'm curious as to how it would be if physicians decided to ask why instead of say no to nurses with misguided treatment plans? Do you think it would help to ask them why they suggested it and then follow up with the correct guidelines and ask them why they think it would be better than what's in the literature? It seems like this would make nurses research their decisions after this happened to them enough. You would think they would get embarrassed by saying such incorrect things. I'm sure no one has the time to do this but just a random thought. Would make them smarter individuals and they wouldn't think you were just shutting them down for no reason.
Edit: I meant to preface this with I'm a new M3. I know that one person got mad when you didn't say who you were lol. Personally all the nurse anesthetists I have worked with have been so nice. And most of the nurses. Unfortunately most of the nurse practitioners have definitely acted like I was beneath them and they had no time for me. I'm hoping ones on wards change my perception.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Also, I'm curious as to how it would be if physicians decided to ask why instead of say no to nurses with misguided treatment plans? Do you think it would help to ask them why they suggested it and then follow up with the correct guidelines and ask them why they think it would be better than what's in the literature? It seems like this would make nurses research their decisions after this happened to them enough. You would think they would get embarrassed by saying such incorrect things. I'm sure no one has the time to do this but just a random thought. Would make them smarter individuals and they wouldn't think you were just shutting them down for no reason.
Edit: I meant to preface this with I'm a new M3. I know that one person got mad when you didn't say who you were lol. Personally all the nurse anesthetists I have worked with have been so nice. And most of the nurses. Unfortunately most of the nurse practitioners have definitely acted like I was beneath them and they had no time for me. I'm hoping ones on wards change my perception.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Last edited: