Nutrition Science Major as a Pre-Med

Started by j_lo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

j_lo

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've seen some things only suggesting Nutrition Science majors are not viewed as competitively when applying to med school. Do you think having this major will hold me back when applying? I have taken graduate nutrition classes as my electives and most of my nutrition classes have clinical applications. I chose it because it is something I am genuinely interested in. It is also a Bachelor of Science at my school. Any thoughts on this?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Like they said. Major is irrelevant. It's cooler to be in something you actually like rather than hop onto biology. Biology is most common because it best aligns with prereqs, nothing wrong with a major in Biology (I am one).

When you're in school with excitement to learn it hits differently than just trying to shoot for an A.