Apr 4, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
I've seen some things only suggesting Nutrition Science majors are not viewed as competitively when applying to med school. Do you think having this major will hold me back when applying? I have taken graduate nutrition classes as my electives and most of my nutrition classes have clinical applications. I chose it because it is something I am genuinely interested in. It is also a Bachelor of Science at my school. Any thoughts on this?

Reactions: 1 user

athorcommens

Tired of the attitude
2+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2017
Status
  1. Medical Student
If you like it, def do it. Kill the MCAT and nobody will care

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Matthew9Thirtyfive

Cawwww!
Staff member
Administrator
5+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2016
Status
  1. Medical Student
Your major is irrelevant. Nutrition education is lacking at most med schools but is really important for patient health, so that will only help you in your future practice.

Reactions: 1 users
Mar 15, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Like they said. Major is irrelevant. It's cooler to be in something you actually like rather than hop onto biology. Biology is most common because it best aligns with prereqs, nothing wrong with a major in Biology (I am one).

When you're in school with excitement to learn it hits differently than just trying to shoot for an A.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads