Nutritional Science major at UT Austin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

etherealsolvent

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
my dream school is UT Austin. I wanted to pick something that isn't too competitive/basic and something that interest me. So, I thought nutritional science would be a good major. Do you guys think nutritional science at UT is a non-competitive major so I can also spend a good amount of time on extracurriculars. My only concern is that, if I don't get into medical school, there's not much I can do with a major in nutrition. So what do you guys suggest?
 
It's a pretty easy major at UT from what I've heard. One girl I know got her Bachelor's in it here and is currently in some kind of graduate school before she actually goes to work as a nutritionist. It can't be worse than biology or chemistry in terms of job prospects.
 
While I normally tell people that "we don't care what your major or minor is, only that you do well", this really seems like fluff.


my dream school is UT Austin. I wanted to pick something that isn't too competitive/basic and something that interest me. So, I thought nutritional science would be a good major. Do you guys think nutritional science at UT is a non-competitive major so I can also spend a good amount of time on extracurriculars. My only concern is that, if I don't get into medical school, there's not much I can do with a major in nutrition. So what do you guys suggest?