NYC IMG friendly prelim spots

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darkmansaad

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I will be applyin for the match next year and am an MS4 from Saba University (carib). Just wondering how hard it is to get a prelim (surgery/Med/TY) year in manhattan if i apply to literally every single one. Have very high board scores with research in last year with good LOR's.......let me know whats out there....

Members don't see this ad.

NYC has many, many IMG-friendly hospitals. "Friendly" being a watered-down euphemism for "exclusive." :) I've seen your posts in the ortho forum-- you should be fine.

haha hopefully that is the case in manhattan i know in brooklyn/queens/bronx its not so hard but i had my heart set on living in manhattan if i could swing it. thanks for the reply

haha hopefully that is the case in manhattan i know in brooklyn/queens/bronx its not so hard but i had my heart set on living in manhattan if i could swing it. thanks for the reply

Don't worry. There are plenty of crappy hospitals in Manhattan who would like to have a surgical prelim to beat on. It's not just out in the boroughs.