NYU 2006 classmates!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi. Just got some info in the mail from NYU. Nothing special. One was from the health insurance department. The other was from NYU Computer store.

Also, I called NYU Housing and they said that the process should be completed in 2 weeks. Call them to find out where you'll be.

I'll probably send my books, clothes, kitchen stuff via Fed Ex to 26th Street. If you're doing the same, the address is:

334 East 26th Street
New York, NY

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys...hows everything going...anyone heard from housing yet? i am really hoping for a private suite..got my laptop and its pretty cool, dell inspiron 4100...everyone excited or scared?

Hey fellow NYU classmates,
Just checking in... Haven't been on here in a while- wow, great new look of the SDN!
Anyway, hope everyone is doing well and I look forward to meeting all of you August 19th.
I finally received my new laptop as well. i optred for the IBM Thinkpad T30- it is great! well, keep me posted on new info that arises concerning orientation and housing. Take care!:)

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys--

just stumbled in ... and wow, i'm impressed by all your enthusiasm! anyways, i've got to move my stuff from cambridge/boston --> nyu med aug16. orientation starts the 19th for regular md students. anyone interested in sharing a u-haul or know anyone who might be up for it?

thanks!

What's up, guys?!?!?

Had to change my user name since SDN lost my other account. Anyways, I'm so relieved! I got a private room! I'm in a suite with a roomate (2 private bedrooms), with a shared kitchen, bathroom and living area! Thank God!

Call NYU today and find out your housing situation! 212-998-4600. They're not suppose to tell you anything over the phone, but hopefully you'll get the nice girl that told me everything. I think my roomate is from Atlanta. Anyways, I'm so glad I got a private! Especially since I applied so late.

Can't wait to start in a month! Later

hi guys..just called housing 2wice, both people said they can't tell me on the phone...suxxxx! i am soooo anxious to know..piguy,when did you send in your housing app? is it first come first serve for private suites? just curious..has anyone seen a private suite in the 26th st bldg?

Hey:

Call 212-998-4600. You'll get some guy on recording. Instead of pressing '2' for housing, press '0' for the general housing operator. Hopefully you'll get the same person I did.

I applied for housing really late. I want to say around like May. I heard a rumor that it's first come first serve, but that out of state people might have an inside track for privates. I don't know...

I'm just lucky. I'm also paranoid and pessimistic...I won't believe I have a private until I see the official forms in front of me. They told me that we all should receive them by the end of the month.

I just called NYU to ask about the orientation week. The guy didn't seem too knowledgable, but he said that we should be in business casual attire. I asked him what the week was like and he didn't seem to know too much....he did say that the first couple of days were all day affairs and the later part of the week was mostly make up sessions.

Plus, some housing lady told me that the forms would be mailed out today. Cross your fingers...

Did anyone get 11th street as their dorm. On the map it looks REALLY far from NYUCD. Plus it has no Air conditioning!!!!!! or fast Internet connection! What to do! what to do!!!!! Do i have to take the subway? or do i walk??? The only good thing( possibly a bad thing too) is that its located near the Greenwich area, so food is good, i guess....... Just wanted to know who else got stuck there, cause itlooks like we will all be commuting the same way everyday. -Howard

11th Street could be a blessing in disguise. Just got confirmation of my 26th street assignment. Single room with a shared suite with some other person. But it's soooooooo expensive!

Is this right? I'm trying to stomach this. Here's exactly what it says on the form:

Room Rate: $6800/person/term.

"term"....hmmm, according to 4 of my friends tonight as well as my parents, that means fall semester only. So, that's roughly 4 months which means $1700/month!!!

Chicago rent is $1644/month for a 2 bedroom! Ouch!

Plus, what's this about "no electrical cooking appliances". I'm pretty sure my Foreman Grill is not leaving my side.

Hey- i got the 26th street housing as well. I guess I got the same type of room as you Pi, my tab is $6800 per person/term too! That is pricey!!!
I saw on the form that it says, and I quote, "Check in your residence hall on Sunday, August 25th (earlier check in is not possible)". What is up with that? Any info?

Nice, Brian:

Can't post too much now...I gotta meet some buddies out. But here's some info I found out today:

Dental students have the exception for moving in early. So disregard that Aug 25th thing. Also, each person has their own phone number. ie: Since we both have private (single) bedrooms with a shared suite, your suitemate will have a different phone number even though you guys share a kitchen/bathroom.

Also, get your NYU email account! Go to start.nyu.edu and register for an account. Actually, before you do that, call NYU ITS (I forget the number, but it's on that pamphlet that we got w/ housing info...in the Q/A section)

Basically, your email address is your initials followed by 3 random numbers and @nyu.edu

I know some of you were thinking about getting together before orientation week (Sunday). Anybody up for getting a few drinks and meeting up?

Hey!
Thanks for the info, Pi! I think we all should get together for a few drinks on Sunday night. Maybe we could all meet in the lobby of 26th Street or something. How does that sound?

What's a good time for everybody? 8:30pm sound good? Too late, too early?

8:30 sounds good to me!

so guys.. what did you think about your first day? i spent all day running around the building to clear everything up... finally... did you guys get together on sunday? i wasn't able to use my computer for a while so... ohh... if you see two asian girls giggling all the time, one of them is me.. so.. feel free to say hi.... hope everyone's having a great orientation week.. 26th street residence dorm room is bigger than i expected... but the bathroom is a little questionable... so is the drawer under the sink top... neways looking forward to that thursday cruise nite... sounds great,, doesn't it? well.. hope that tomorrow's schedule isn't as crazy as what we had to go through today. one more thing... we are not pre-dents anymore.. maybe we are in the wrong forum...:p

Hey:

MsDentist: Check your pm...

Yeah, it's been a busy first couple of days. Looks like the next couple of days won't be so bad. I just wish the gym was closer to 26th St. Apartments.....and I wished they would've told us that there were no lights in our rooms!

BUT, I guess our dinner (Booze) cruise will make up for it on Thursday!!!!:clap: