NYU Class of 2008

Started by Saira
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Saira

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I am starting this thread for all those who have got their acceptance into class of 2008 and who are planning to join too. We all can share the info we have about the program and prepare ourselves.
 
Saira said:
Hi all,

I am starting this thread for all those who have got their acceptance into class of 2008 and who are planning to join too. We all can share the info we have about the program and prepare ourselves.


thats a great idea.we can start discussing things.first thing i wanted to know was what r our regular timings going to be?
 
I am not sure but I heard from someone that mostly it is 9-5.

Those who will be attending an interview at NYU in the next coming days, can help us out by asking students at NYU about the timings.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, include me also in this list, hope to see u all guys soon there. this is a great idea to make a group of NYU students, we can share a lot of information here about accomodation, loan etc etc... 🙂


Saira said:
I am not sure but I heard from someone that mostly it is 9-5.

Those who will be attending an interview at NYU in the next coming days, can help us out by asking students at NYU about the timings.
 
hi, does anybody has any idea that how many seats been filled at NYU.

gpsbhattal said:
Hi, include me also in this list, hope to see u all guys soon there. this is a great idea to make a group of NYU students, we can share a lot of information here about accomodation, loan etc etc... 🙂
 
Yeah it sure will help all of us be prepared.
I have arranged for accomodation and I'll be living in bayonne new jersy with family.
 
I dont have any idea about the seats.. but I am sure many will be available in the next coming days or weeks since most of the ppl do send their deposits at NYU but keep on waiting to hear from other places or defer their admissions so I am sure many seats do come available once ppl make up their minds.
 
saira
how far will be ur home from college-how much commute?i want to take a house in edison but i am not sure bcoz someone told me u can get as late as 8.30,so coming late at night is a problem for us girls
 
hi all

it is good to know u all.i have made a list of sdn ppl who got their admission in nyu.i dont know if all r going to join!

greenemerald india

sreshta india

polident russian

mandent india

mandakki

som india

dr anie india

bluearmy india

parneet india

mary india

dreamzunlimited india

healthyteeth

trv

bluebirdy

dentistplease

georgian

jassi

bluetooth

pipchiks

saira

chinchintu

Dr.Gurprakash Bhattal

sweetgirl

dmmaster

hardwork80

zygomaticus

toothie

if anyone is not included pls do so.we can introduce ourselves and get familiar with each other.

as for me i am from india,graduated in 1999.i live in philly and plan to move to princeton,nj.i think the commute time for me would be 1-11/4 hrs.i would be commuting via the Northeast corridor line of NJ transit.check their website for further info.

as for the college timing i came to know that classes start at 8.00 am and goes upto 5.00p.m.we would be divided into batches and getting late depends upon ur batch schedule for that day.if u have ur preclinicals in the evening you are going to go home late.so it is hard for the first year.but i am sure we will get used to it and i think we will be having a lot of us from Nj.
so i guess we will be having aa company oneway or the other.

has anybody received the medical records form from the university?i received last week some papers reg that and looks like we got some physical checkup to be done.

nothing much for now.keep posted and let us share the info we collect.

bye. :luck: 🙂
 
Good Work Shaliraj... Following one is updated list........

1. greenemerald ---india

2. sreshta--- india

3. polident--- russian

4. mandent--- india

5. mandakki --India

6. som--- india

7. dr anie-- india

8. bluearmy--- india

9. parneet-- india

10. mary--- india

11. dreamzunlimited-- india

12. healthyteeth

13. trv --India

14. bluebirdy

15. georgian

16. jassi

17. bluetooth

18. pipchiks

19. saira --Pakistan

20. chinchintu

21. Dr.Gurprakash Bhattal

22. sweetgirl

23. dmmaster

24. hardwork80

25. zygomaticus

26. toothie

27. ramkumar india

28. SaruSaini india

This list represents more than 25% of the class, that is very good, Hope everyone joins NYU, I'd like to stay in New York, can anyone guide me to find out the right locations to stay near to the school.
 
hey
good work Shaliraj. I am also from india. I also received a medical form record from NYU last week..we need to send them latest by june 1...i have no records of vaccines and all which I received during childhood...it seems I have to get it done all over again.
shaliraj said:
hi all

it is good to know u all.i have made a list of sdn ppl who got their admission in nyu.i dont know if all r going to join!

greenemerald india

sreshta india

polident russian

mandent india

mandakki

som india

dr anie india

bluearmy india

parneet india

mary india

dreamzunlimited india

healthyteeth

trv

bluebirdy

dentistplease

georgian

jassi

bluetooth

pipchiks

saira

chinchintu

Dr.Gurprakash Bhattal

sweetgirl

dmmaster

hardwork80

zygomaticus

toothie

if anyone is not included pls do so.we can introduce ourselves and get familiar with each other.

as for me i am from india,graduated in 1999.i live in philly and plan to move to princeton,nj.i think the commute time for me would be 1-11/4 hrs.i would be commuting via the Northeast corridor line of NJ transit.check their website for further info.

as for the college timing i came to know that classes start at 8.00 am and goes upto 5.00p.m.we would be divided into batches and getting late depends upon ur batch schedule for that day.if u have ur preclinicals in the evening you are going to go home late.so it is hard for the first year.but i am sure we will get used to it and i think we will be having a lot of us from Nj.
so i guess we will be having aa company oneway or the other.

has anybody received the medical records form from the university?i received last week some papers reg that and looks like we got some physical checkup to be done.

nothing much for now.keep posted and let us share the info we collect.

bye. :luck: 🙂
 
hi nyu class of 2008,

count me in too.
male/india
looking for apartment to share in august.
 
Hi guys,
I have just gotten an acceptance letter and will be adding myself to the list.
Dentalena - Ukraine.
 
Congrats dentalena 👍 on your acceptance... join the club 🙂

good work done shaliraj and trv.

hmmm i havent yet received the medical form ... i dont have any record of previous vaccination either.

It really nice to know you all.. I am sure we will have a good time.

So will there be so many tests and exams during the first year ?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations Dentalena.

Were you in the interview batch of March 17th? Can you tell me the posted date on the envelope? and where do you live?

Thanks
 
count me too .
this a very useful thread.
I recieved my medical form last week. I donot have my vaccinations record. so planning to get blood test done as a proof to show them.
Has anybody applied for private loans?
thanks
 
mandent said:
count me too .
this a very useful thread.
I recieved my medical form last week. I donot have my vaccinations record. so planning to get blood test done as a proof to show them.
Has anybody applied for private loans?
thanks

Hai all,

Count me in too.Finally recieved my acceptance letter yesterday.I was waitlisted and had lost all hopes of getting in this year.Phew! i don't wanna retake part 1 again.I was dreading that the whole time.Still the news has not sunken yet... 🙄 ...
Good luck to all of us on all our endeavours
Gorur
 
HI,
Congratulations on your acceptance!
Did you recieve a letter or fedex?
Do they inform us thru aletter or a fedex if we are accepted?
Can you post your stats gorur?

Snowdrop













gorur said:
Hai all,

Count me in too.Finally recieved my acceptance letter yesterday.I was waitlisted and had lost all hopes of getting in this year.Phew! i don't wanna retake part 1 again.I was dreading that the whole time.Still the news has not sunken yet... 🙄 ...
Good luck to all of us on all our endeavours
Gorur
 
congrats to dentalena and robot123.welcome to the club!

robot123 r u from atlanta?

it looks like nobody from india has the medical records for vaccination.wish our govt brings in something like that! :idea:

how many of you have applied to fafsa?

does anybody have an idea as to how much family health insurance costs?

how many of u have written part 2 or is planning to take part 2 before entering the school?
 
gorur said:
Hai all,

Count me in too.Finally recieved my acceptance letter yesterday.I was waitlisted and had lost all hopes of getting in this year.Phew! i don't wanna retake part 1 again.I was dreading that the whole time.Still the news has not sunken yet... 🙄 ...
Good luck to all of us on all our endeavours
Gorur

Hey Gorur,
COngrats on NYU acceptance ..It's Party time for u now 🙂 :luck:
COngrats to dentalena too 👍
 
Heartiest congrats to gorur! Its definetely party time 👍

For those who have received the medical forms.. how many vaccinations do we need ?
 
candies said:
Congratulations Dentalena.

Were you in the interview batch of March 17th? Can you tell me the posted date on the envelope? and where do you live?

Thanks
Thank you very much for your congratulations, Candies!!! I want to congratulate everyone who got acceptance and for folks who still did not get anything yet just hope and your star will sparkle. Yes, you are right, Candies, I was in the interview batch of March 17th. I got my letter on Monday and I live on west coast in Portland, Oregon. I have no envelope with me, but remember that the letter was dated as March 22, 2005. If you still want to know envelope posted date, I will reply as soon as get back home from work.

I have a question for people who got accepted. Do you know guys what kind medical records and immunizations, as some of you mentioned above, we have to have? I have no immunization records with me. Will appreciate your help, guys. Cannot wait to see all of you guys in NY!!! First year seems to be the hardest one, but I am sure that all of us will make it thru....
 
hi guys...
i am new to this forum...
well count me in too...
regarding vaccinations....u can go for blood test to show immunity ...(antibody titres)...
they need mumps, measles,varicella,rubella and hep B vaccinations...
hope it helps...
byee
For those who have received the medical forms.. how many vaccinations do we need ?[/QUOTE]
 
Thanks for all u'r wishes snowdrop,shaliraj,saira,dentaldoc.My wishes to everybody accepted and those who r still waiting to hear.
I was interviewed on march 3 and was waitlisted. I recieved a letter about acceptance on 27.
Snowdrop the letter was thru normal mail and not fedex.My part 1 score is 88.
Shaliraj i'm from Southern part of India.How abt u?

Really exited to meet u all in person.Looking forward to it.

Until then...

Gorur
 
Hi everybody !
I am in too . My mane is Vera and I am from Armenia. Looking forward to meet all of you.
I am in the process of starting blood work and vactination- fhew...
Vera
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thanks Dentalena. I was interviewed in your batch too. Does your Russian friend get admission? I do not receive anything as yet and very anxious about it. I went to interview in some schools and still... I am so dismayed now.

Hi Gorur, congratulation for the acceptance. Can you tell me what kind of mail you received your waitlist, was it the cheapest mail? And what kind of mail was the acceptance letter, was it the first class mail? Because I hate the waiting and for the interview call letter, it took 10days from the date on the envelope when I got it. Please, please let me know. I very appreciate as right now I feel like sitting on fire.
Thanks. Candies.
 
trv said:
Good Work Shaliraj... Following one is updated list........

1. greenemerald ---india

2. sreshta--- india

3. polident--- russian

4. mandent--- india

5. mandakki --India

6. som--- india

7. dr anie-- india

8. bluearmy--- india

9. parneet-- india

10. mary--- india

11. dreamzunlimited-- india

12. healthyteeth

13. trv --India

14. bluebirdy

15. georgian

16. jassi

17. bluetooth

18. pipchiks

19. saira --Pakistan

20. chinchintu

21. Dr.Gurprakash Bhattal

22. sweetgirl

23. dmmaster

24. hardwork80

25. zygomaticus

26. toothie

27. ramkumar india

28. SaruSaini india

This list represents more than 25% of the class, that is very good, Hope everyone joins NYU, I'd like to stay in New York, can anyone guide me to find out the right locations to stay near to the school.

hi guys..
congratrs to all those who ahve got accepted and joining NYU...
I ddint even apply to NYU.... so definately not joining..!!!!!!
all the best
toothie
 
candies said:
thanks Dentalena. I was interviewed in your batch too. Does your Russian friend get admission? I do not receive anything as yet and very anxious about it. I went to interview in some schools and still... I am so dismayed now.

Hi Gorur, congratulation for the acceptance. Can you tell me what kind of mail you received your waitlist, was it the cheapest mail? And what kind of mail was the acceptance letter, was it the first class mail? Because I hate the waiting and for the interview call letter, it took 10days from the date on the envelope when I got it. Please, please let me know. I very appreciate as right now I feel like sitting on fire.
Thanks. Candies.


Hai Candies,

I can understand u'r tension.I'm sure u'll hear from them soon.The letter for waitlist and acceptance was sent thru regular mail.Also it took almost 8 days to recieve it.That's been the case for both waitlisted and acceptance letter. Keep your fingers crossed.
Good luck
Gorur
 
I was just wondering, if someone knows any senior advance standing student at NYU ? It would definetely help to know how do they feel, do they find it very stressful ? how many exams do they have and such general information. I believe its always better to know before time what to expect at school. As for me then I dont know anyone who is in advance standing or for that matter in NYUCD! I would really appreciate if any general info you have, that you want to share.
 
hi saira,

i have talked to 2 of our senoirs.they had one common comment.it is a demanding course!!!u have to put in a lot of hardwork.but it is not impossible to do!the first year is particularly tough.but if u stick on to the schedule given u r fine.the staff is really helpful, according to them.

as for exams u will have atleast 1 everyweek.

dont worry we will come out with flying colors.i think it should be like our college years.only difference is here it is more technologically advanced.we already have studied the subject.so it is like brushing up our knowledge with more information.
 
shaliraj said:
hi saira,

i have talked to 2 of our senoirs.they had one common comment.it is a demanding course!!!u have to put in a lot of hardwork.but it is not impossible to do!the first year is particularly tough.but if u stick on to the schedule given u r fine.the staff is really helpful, according to them.

as for exams u will have atleast 1 everyweek.

dont worry we will come out with flying colors.i think it should be like our college years.only difference is here it is more technologically advanced.we already have studied the subject.so it is like brushing up our knowledge with more information.

hi..
well im not joining NYU.. but a friend of mine studying there told me that it is a very demanding course.... its tougher than anything u undertook in dental school back home.( our college was extremely demanding even in India....)
the first year is extremely tough in NYU.. not impossible.. but very demanding.. and very stressful.....
 
gorur said:
Hai Candies,

I can understand u'r tension.I'm sure u'll hear from them soon.The letter for waitlist and acceptance was sent thru regular mail.Also it took almost 8 days to recieve it.That's been the case for both waitlisted and acceptance letter. Keep your fingers crossed.
Good luck
Gorur

Thanks Gorur, I feel a little lighter now but still... I guess it can be relieved only when I got the news in hand, whatever it is. However, I still wonder how come everyone got the acceptance letter almost at the same time, which was last Monday, but definitely not all of you guys live in the same city, right. As for Dentalena, you live in Portland, the almost farest city from NY. Oh, just that I have too many wonders in my mind this time. Thanks again Gorur and Dentalena. Candies
 
gpsbhattal said:
Hi, include me also in this list, hope to see u all guys soon there. this is a great idea to make a group of NYU students, we can share a lot of information here about accomodation, loan etc etc... 🙂
Hi Gurprakash,
Congrats for getting into NYU.Thats a great news.I want to talk to you urgently so please give me your tel no or may be e-mail .


Reply fast
 
Gagan said:
Hi Gurprakash,
Congrats for getting into NYU.Thats a great news.I want to talk to you urgently so please give me your tel no or may be e-mail .


Reply fast
Hi Class of 2008,
Congratulations!!
I have an interview scheduled for Apr 7 at NYU. Please..I need your help....Could you please let me know the possible questions they might ask in the interview? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!
 
Hello Everybody!
I am excited to be a part of all those who have been accepted into NYU.
I got my acceptance letter today and have decided to take it! Gald to be among you guys.
BEST WISHES TO MY FUTURE CLASSMATES!!

SNOWDROP













prady said:
hey pra 26, when did u receive the interview call letter?plz.can u post ur stats?i'm worried as i have'nt got any letter yet reply soon
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what r ur stats?

where do u presently live?

r u married? if s any kids?
 
snowdrop said:
Hi shaliraj,

I am from Hyderabad, India.


Congrats snowdrop 👍 .

I'm so glad about your acceptance.
Looking forward to meet you.

Regards
Gorur
 
Again,Congrats to all folks who got accepted, to snowdrop and dentateice!!! It is so exciting!!! Cannot wait to see you all !!!
 
Congratulations to all!!! You better be ready for the biggest fight in your life (D2 year in NYU is really very hard, especially after winter brake). But the good thing is that they will be increasing tension gradually, so you will get used to it. Enjoy your august orientation program; there is really nothing to worry about, except one exam –SAPL(Skills in Assessing the Professional Literature) you must pass it. Good luck, united we stand!!!
 
gorur said:
Hai all,

Count me in too.Finally recieved my acceptance letter yesterday.I was waitlisted and had lost all hopes of getting in this year.Phew! i don't wanna retake part 1 again.I was dreading that the whole time.Still the news has not sunken yet... 🙄 ...
Good luck to all of us on all our endeavours
Gorur
Hi Shruti,
Congratulations....I am so happy for You.