NYU-Class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
lake04 said:
Hey toothcandy4u and mitchse-r:

Do you guys know of the state of open seats? How much longer will they conduct interviews? Any info you can provide for this waiter would be appreciated...I can't obtain any info whatsoever.

Thanx!

Hey bud,
I called to set up my interview yesterday and asked about the option of switching my date if I had to and she said that any monday or friday for a good month was open, so take that as it is. Not sure whether they are telling the truth, but whatever...
Mine is next monday though. :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

lake04 said:
Hey toothcandy4u and mitchse-r:

Do you guys know of the state of open seats? How much longer will they conduct interviews? Any info you can provide for this waiter would be appreciated...I can't obtain any info whatsoever.

Thanx!

Honesty I don't know... But I know someone is withdrawing from NYU so at least 1 seat will be open. :) Best of luck.

so i interviewed in november and got accepted on feb 1. I must say i was sort of surprised b/c of my stats.

Members don't see this ad :)
dannyben:

so what were ur stats if u dont mind? Where are you going to attend??

dannyben said:
so i interviewed in november and got accepted on feb 1. I must say i was sort of surprised b/c of my stats.

Wow, I applied in Nov. and NYU accepted my application on Feb. :eek:
But NYU sent me an acceptance letter less than 2 weeks after my interview.
Who said applying late is bad? :D
I am glad it was less than 2 weeks to find out. :)

I am just joking people! I do believe applying late is really bad!! :thumbdown:

Hope to see everyone in the fall, I'll be in the open with a sign "SDN Stressers", we'll regroup and point fingers at others... :laugh: . Those who got accepted recently will get immunization information soon and info about purchasing computers. I didn't get the paper work on financial aid or orientation as of yet (I think orientation is Aug.3). Anyone have questions or concerns post them here and we'll all try to answer as best as possible. Otherwise enjoy your last semesters wether it is spring or summer.

toothart said:
Hope to see everyone in the fall, I'll be in the open with a sign "SDN Stressers", we'll regroup and point fingers at others... :laugh: . Those who got accepted recently will get immunization information soon and info about purchasing computers. I didn't get the paper work on financial aid or orientation as of yet (I think orientation is Aug.3). Anyone have questions or concerns post them here and we'll all try to answer as best as possible. Otherwise enjoy your last semesters wether it is spring or summer.

I will be wearing "SDN Stressers" T-shirts on the first day. :D
Who's with me?

Thanks for the info, Toothart. I will certainly enjoy my summer!!!
See you in fall. :)

ToothCandy4U said:
Wow, I applied in Nov. and NYU accepted my application on Feb. :eek:
But NYU sent me an acceptance letter less than 2 weeks after my interview.
Who said applying late is bad? :D
I am glad it was less than 2 weeks to find out. :)

I am just joking people! I do believe applying late is really bad!! :thumbdown:

i applied sept 3rd...they didn't get my offical DAT scores till late feb...long story.
anyways. interviewed march 18th.
i called - march 28th..decision made..in mailout.

still...
nothing...

i don't know how much longer i can stay depressed with all the waiting

fruity_trident said:
i applied sept 3rd...they didn't get my offical DAT scores till late feb...long story.
anyways. interviewed march 18th.
i called - march 28th..decision made..in mailout.

still...
nothing...

i don't know how much longer i can stay depressed with all the waiting

Yeah, I hate waiting too... I also had trouble with my application process, too. Schools received my application end of Feb.
BUT, I have a feeling that you will receive the letter tomorrow!! (I am saying this just because I received mine on Thusday...)

Best of luck to you and I hope you get in to NYU. :)

Orientation is Aug. 22.

dannyben said:

Can you please post your stats. Thanks

ToothCandy4U said:
Yeah, I hate waiting too... I also had trouble with my application process, too. Schools received my application end of Feb.
BUT, I have a feeling that you will receive the letter tomorrow!! (I am saying this just because I received mine on Thusday...)

Best of luck to you and I hope you get in to NYU. :)

i hope so. :(

thnkx...several ppl have a "good feeling" for me..i hope i don't let them down :oops:

For those who have been accepted I need some info. on how we can obtain and/or activate our NetIDs for use with some of the webservices offered through NYU. What particularly interests me is the apartment search for off-campus housing. To use the service the housing letter stated that we should activate our NETID at ITS Start at NYU. So far I have not had any luck nor do I think they have me in the system. I have tried contacting someone at registrar, but I'm playing voicemail tag. If anyone has the same trouble and gets this resolved please post it here. Thankyou.

Members don't see this ad :)
fyi...for ppl who have recently interviewed @ NYU.. i got my waitlist letter today by fax, after being interview on the 18th of march.

it really is just a rejection.

i've come to terms with it...i emailed profs to write me reference letters for the next cycle.

for those who thought good thoughts for me...i'm sorry u wasted them -
no need to show sympathy..it's just as waste of forum space...and makes me feel like a failure

fruity_trident said:
fyi...for ppl who have recently interviewed @ NYU.. i got my waitlist letter today by fax, after being interview on the 18th of march.

i've come to terms with it...i emailed profs to write me reference letters for the next cycle.

no need to show sympathy..it's just as waste of forum space...and makes me feel like a failure

Fruity, I don't know if you read my earlier post about NYU but if you are interested here is the link(its the 4th post):
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?p=2487445#post2487445

I'm sorry about your status it sucks. Don't loose hope though. Are you still wiating to hear form any other schools?

Dentist 2 be said:
my earlier post about NYU...
RE: ******ation?
haha

i would've been less crushed if my interviewer didn't tell me how much he liked me so much, and how he wanted to see me in the future...that's ok...hopefully i'll learn to lie someday

Dentist 2 be said:
Don't loose hope though. Are you still wiating to hear form any other schools?

just tufts , howard (i know what the answer is)
BU - i interviewed there..status is still pending..i know what that means.

sorry..hope is lost...it's OK i can deal with it

fruity_trident said:
i would've been less crushed if my interviewer didn't tell me how much he liked me so much, and how he wanted to see me in the future...that's ok...hopefully i'll learn to lie someday

How about this... My interviewer said that I would be a great asset to NYU and he would love to see me in the Fall.

Dentist 2 be said:
How about this... My interviewer said that I would be a great asset to NYU and he would love to see me in the Fall.

is nyu full already ???????????????????????
I interview on MONDAY ! :cool:

dpmjeff77 said:
is nyu full already ???????????????????????
I interview on MONDAY ! :cool:

Yes. NYU is full. Full of sh!&!!! lol

Dentist 2 be said:
Yes. NYU is full. Full of sh!&!!! lol

hurrah..hurrah...i can actually laugh about the situation....for only a short period of time, until reality hits again

despite being close to rejected, i still like NYU..and still want to go there.

fruity_trident said:

Im sorry fruity :( that sucks bigtime, i was really rooting for you. but you never know, there waitlist probably moves really fast, as people probably give their deposit while they wait for other schools... that are cheaper.

and if you do have to apply for next year... maybe you will have the satisfaction of saying no to them... i really dislike that school even more now

dentist_to_be? said:
Im sorry fruity :( that sucks bigtime, i was really rooting for you. but you never know, there waitlist probably moves really fast, as people probably give their deposit while they wait for other schools... that are cheaper.

and if you do have to apply for next year... maybe you will have the satisfaction of saying no to them... i really dislike that school even more now

I know that they carry over their waitlist to the following year.

dentist_to_be? said:
maybe you will have the satisfaction of saying no to them... i really dislike that school even more now

just because they pretty much rejected me...as i said in the previous post...i would still want to attend it

fruity_trident said:
hurrah..hurrah...i can actually laugh about the situation....for only a short period of time, until reality hits again

despite being close to rejected, i still like NYU..and still want to go there.

As another applicant awaiting news from NYU desperately, I wish you the best of luck... and I wanted to encourage you to not give up! keep sending them materials... and be on their radar screen!

fruity_trident said:
just because they pretty much rejected me...as i said in the previous post...i would still want to attend it

sorry i missed the previous post, we posted at the same time. NYU is a good school, but I know at my interview, a lot of people were freaking out about the price :eek: :eek: thats why i think people will drop it if they get into a cheaper school, so their waitlist should move fast.

You should call up the school, and express interest in wanting to go there, keep in touch, and they will keep you in mind... make a list of questions to ask them, random questions like "if i get into nyu in july, will i still get housing" etc, it will show them you are still interested when they look through the waitlist.

The NetIDs are not being issued till the summer. So much for using their web services.

Hey all...so is NYU officially full??? If that is true its quite a disheartening piece of information; but aren't they still conducting interviews through this month?? Have they reduced the incoming class size or something?

very upsetting...GL to all still waiting.

dentist_to_be? said:
You should call up the school, and express interest in wanting to go there, keep in touch, and they will keep you in mind... make a list of questions to ask them, random questions like "if i get into nyu in july, will i still get housing" etc, it will show them you are still interested when they look through the waitlist.

duly noted.
thnx

fruity that blows so hard..im so pissed cuz you totally deserve to be accepted :mad: but im still going to keep my fingers crossed for you!

i just got my housing application and i was wondering how we're supposed to know what our University ID number is that starts with N1 does anybody know how to find that out? also there's nowhere to right down where you want to live, is that just automatically assigned or what? and for the part that asks for residence hall type preference do you just pick one? or list them in the order you'd prefer? thanks!

MitchSE-R said:
fruity that blows so hard..im so pissed cuz you totally deserve to be accepted :mad: but im still going to keep my fingers crossed for you!

i just got my housing application and i was wondering how we're supposed to know what our University ID number is that starts with N1 does anybody know how to find that out? also there's nowhere to right down where you want to live, is that just automatically assigned or what? and for the part that asks for residence hall type preference do you just pick one? or list them in the order you'd prefer? thanks!

I got my housing application too, but I threw it out. My brother and I will be sharing a 1bdrm apartment for half of what NYU wants. As far as the NetID goes, I was told that we would be getting them in the mail closer to mid summer. To be absolutely sure of this just call housing up and they would help you with everything.

Hi guys! I recently decided to attend NYU. I'm so excited, but I'm flipping out about housing. I have no idea where to start. Any suggestions? Anyone needs a roommate?

fruity_trident said:

Hey Fruity,

Hang in there. NYU's waitlist moves really fast. If you don't get in by May 1st, I'll give up my spot for you. :D

sucky GPA said:
Hey Fruity,

Hang in there. NYU's waitlist moves really fast. If you don't get in by May 1st, I'll give up my spot for you. :D

aww thanks!
haha

if we could only do direct swap overs...that would be nice :laugh:

Did anybody have Dr. Kenneth Allen for their interview? What did you think of him?

Dr2BSoon said:
Did anybody have Dr. Kenneth Allen for their interview? What did you think of him?

he was awesome!!

MitchSE-R said:

hey mitch, i was having the exact same problems on my form. if you read on the back of the housing sheet it says to rank order your preferences and also says that if you want to be more specific about your housing preference to include a piece of paper with that info. Also, I just called NYUCD to get my ID#, they'll give it to u over the phone if u verify ur social/bday. good luck w/the process!

oh yeah, and get a free PSP, this thing really works! (I just signed up for blockbuster online, 10 bucks and unlimited movies :) )

http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17266061

vandygirl said:
Hi guys! I recently decided to attend NYU. I'm so excited, but I'm flipping out about housing. I have no idea where to start. Any suggestions? Anyone needs a roommate?

NYU campus housing is expensive, around 1500 per person. For that amount you can get a modest place just a couple of blocks from the school. Start by looking at the NYU Off-Campus Listing website, but first you need a NET ID to access it. I have checked with NYU about the ID issue, and I was told that ID's would not be issued until early summer.

RxTech said:
NYU campus housing is expensive, around 1500 per person. For that amount you can get a modest place just a couple of blocks from the school. Start by looking at the NYU Off-Campus Listing website, but first you need a NET ID to access it. I have checked with NYU about the ID issue, and I was told that ID's would not be issued until early summer.

I also got a phone call from an Alicia from the registrar and she said the NETIDs would not be issued until mid-summer after we register for classes. She said that many of the different depratments are not insync, so though they ask for a NETID, you just won't be able to put anything down because NYU hasn't put any admitted students into its system.

toothart said:
I also got a phone call from an Alicia from the registrar and she said the NETIDs would not be issued until mid-summer after we register for classes. She said that many of the different depratments are not insync, so though they ask for a NETID, you just won't be able to put anything down because NYU hasn't put any admitted students into its system.

The NETID and your NYU student number are two different things. Although we have not yet been issued NETIDs, we do have student numbers that begin with N1. All you gotta do is call the college @ 212 998 9818 and they will give you yours.

Get a free Playstation Portable (it works!):

ediddly said:
The NETID and your NYU student number are two different things. Although we have not yet been issued NETIDs, we do have student numbers that begin with N1. All you gotta do is call the college @ 212 998 9818 and they will give you yours.

I just called that number and was told to get it online. Go to www.home.nyu.edu and enter your s.s.# to activate your student number. The website has been down but should be operational tomorrow, at least that's what I was told.

ediddly said:

You are absolutely correct, your NYU student number though can be substituted with your S.S. Fortunately, I was activated in there system for a NETID, which gives you access to your website, email, forums, and other student related sites. I was more concerned with the NETID because you need that login info to search apartments listed for rent by NYU off-campus housing. I'm not sure what time frame is put on activating NETID use for students, but I'm guessing if I got mine activated so should've everyone elses.

toothart said:
You are absolutely correct, your NYU student number though can be substituted with your S.S. Fortunately, I was activated in there system for a NETID, which gives you access to your website, email, forums, and other student related sites. I was more concerned with the NETID because you need that login info to search apartments listed for rent by NYU off-campus housing. I'm not sure what time frame is put on activating NETID use for students, but I'm guessing if I got mine activated so should've everyone elses.

yeah i just tried that using the student number they gave me when i called and I was able to obtain my NETID. I believe some people had trouble getting theirs using their SSN as I did (that's what they said on the phone anyway). we should be good to go now though, thanks for the tip!

Free Playstation Portable!! http://www.FreePSPs.com/?r=17266061

excellent! thanks for the help guys, i was able to use their website to obtain my net ID and my university ID..now i just have to send them oodles of money..speaking of which what's the deal with financial aid? when do we receive something about that? i submitted my FAFSA 2 months ago and haven't heard a word from NYU..has anyone else?

MitchSE-R said:
excellent! thanks for the help guys, i was able to use their website to obtain my net ID and my university ID..now i just have to send them oodles of money..speaking of which what's the deal with financial aid? when do we receive something about that? i submitted my FAFSA 2 months ago and haven't heard a word from NYU..has anyone else?

I contacted financial aid and they said sometime in the summer, is it just me or is everything always "sometime in the summer"? In any case, I got an email from Amy Knowles reminding of the $2000 deposit due May 1 and that is all. I do hope they send me the financial aid award letter soon because I need to see how much private loan money I need to borrow.

toothart said:
I contacted financial aid and they said sometime in the summer, is it just me or is everything always "sometime in the summer"? In any case, I got an email from Amy Knowles reminding of the $2000 deposit due May 1 and that is all. I do hope they send me the financial aid award letter soon because I need to see how much private loan money I need to borrow.

I guess its time to sell one of my kidneys.

Has anybody from the April 1st interview date heard anything yet? They said it would be two weeks, and it has now been two weeks. Any news?

RxTech said:
I guess its time to sell one of my kidneys.

Firstly, who is that in the picture?

hah, jk

You're from Matawan? I go to Rutgers, I'll be applying to UMDNJ and NYU as well. I'm looking at your stats and I'm just curious.. you don't have to answer this if you don't want to.. but.. Did you not get accepted to UMDNJ? How was your interview, and so forth? Did you apply late? I mean your stats look pretty good to me, with great dat scores.

I'm curious cuz I have a science gpa around yours and I'm hoping for a good DAT score.

Thanks

Dr2BSoon said:
Has anybody from the April 1st interview date heard anything yet? They said it would be two weeks, and it has now been two weeks. Any news?

I interviewed on 4/1 as well. Haven't heard anything as of yet...

Did anybody send out their deposits yet?