NYU-Class of 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
RxTech said:
Anyone else receive a letter from NYU asking you to submit "Final, Official" transcript from undergraduate institution?

yes..
and i do NOT have a 3.5...but i don't think it's an issue...well it better not be! :eek: :laugh:

p.s. where's my sdn angel pic? :oops:

Members don't see this ad.

fruity_trident said:
yes..
and i do NOT have a 3.5...but i don't think it's an issue...well it better not be! :eek: :laugh:

p.s. where's my sdn angel pic? :oops:

why would you need a 3.5 fruity? you didn't get a degree?

Dentist 2 be said:
why would you need a 3.5 fruity? you didn't get a degree?

i did. whoopsie...the 2 shots i had + TB test + taking blood has made me stupid.

i've been saying stupid things and forgetting things... :laugh:
hahaha
thanks dent 2 be!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats everyone and good luck. Your gonna like it here.

DarcyT said:
Congrats everyone and good luck. Your gonna like it here.

Thanks DracyT. I am sure I will. ;)
Could you tell us how your first year was like?

2pac said:
I got my letter today and the total for 2005-06 for citiassist loan is a huge number $60073. Is this usual?. Did u guys get a similar number. I believe I need a cosigner for this kindof money cause when I said no cosigner they rejected me right away. Any Suggestions?

Please guide me friends. :scared:

That number seems awfully high for the private portion of the loan. My letter states that I only need 40,073 from citibank, which doesn't include the other 38,500 that I'm getting from Uncle Sam. Check your financial aid packet again.

hey when do we find out if we're getting housing? i applied a couple months ago and haven't heard aything yet, does anyone know?

ToothCandy4U said:
Thanks DracyT. I am sure I will. ;)
Could you tell us how your first year was like?

I would love to talk about the first year but i still have a couple exams to study for. So what would make it easier is if you guys asked me some specific questions about NYU or student life. Here are a few links to hold you guys over for now: (hope these work)

http://www.nyu.edu/dental/students/2008/
http://homepages.nyu.edu/~gw468/
http://homepages.nyu.edu/~shk268/index.html
http://homepages.nyu.edu/~gyc206/Exam

DarcyT said:
I would love to talk about the first year but i still have a couple exams to study for. So what would make it easier is if you guys asked me some specific questions about NYU or student life. Here are a few links to hold you guys over for now: (hope these work)

http://www.nyu.edu/dental/students/2008/
http://homepages.nyu.edu/~gw468/
http://homepages.nyu.edu/~shk268/index.html
http://homepages.nyu.edu/~gyc206/Exam

Thanks, DracyT.
I could not check the first link because it required authentication, but I was able to see others.

Although I want to know more about the program, I won't ask. I think I will enjoy my last summer before the school starts. (But I am sick in bed and I am so bored... :( )
If I find out more about curriculum, I may freak out. ;)

Good luck on your exams. :thumbup:

Dental916 said:
say if I get a D in a class that is is a prereq for NYU (physics 7c)...would they kick you out or ?

Just to let you all know I got a B- in Physics so no problems...just relaxing this summer. Somebody please brush my shoulder off. haha. Just so happy!

did anyone receive a letter requesting for official transcript and that requirements for admission is a 3.5 GPA? does that mean they will kick me out if i don't have a 3.5?

iwik said:
did anyone receive a letter requesting for official transcript and that requirements for admission is a 3.5 GPA? does that mean they will kick me out if i don't have a 3.5?

sorry, i believe i misread the letter. i missed the "or" part. this whole process is making me overly paranoid. :scared: sorry, if i scared anyone else. see you all in august!!!

i did not recieve that letter yet...but i plan on sending off my transcripts sometime in the next week. Please don't scare me with that 3.5 junk. ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
hey can anyone please tell me the address we are supposed to get our transcripts sent to? i seem to have misplaced my letter. thanks!

ediddly said:
hey can anyone please tell me the address we are supposed to get our transcripts sent to? i seem to have misplaced my letter. thanks!

here u go:

NYU, College of Dentistry
Office of Student Affairs and Admission
345 East 24th Street, New York,
NY 10010-4086, USA

fruity_trident said:
here u go:

NYU, College of Dentistry
Office of Student Affairs and Admission
345 East 24th Street, New York,
NY 10010-4086, USA

thank you fruity!

I still haven't gotten financial aid packages.
I've called the financial aid office many times but no one answer.
Anyone else still waiting for the package?

I just called the housing office today. They said we will recieve our housing arrangements on the first week of August. That just seems a little late though. How if we don't get housing...then what?

Dental916 said:
I just called the housing office today. They said we will recieve our housing arrangements on the first week of August. That just seems a little late though. How if we don't get housing...then what?

They said to check mid-July online to see if you got on campus housing, I think the room assignments are later.

ToothCandy4U said:
I still haven't gotten financial aid packages.
I've called the financial aid office many times but no one answer.
Anyone else still waiting for the package?

yes, i am still waiting for it.. and they just put me on hold forever when i call :mad:

Its almost haf of July..anyone got their housing yet? Thanks

im assuming i have because when i check my account summary on albert there's a listing that says "Housing-Stuyvesant Town $6209.00" although i haven't received anything in the mail about it, does it say this for anybody else?

MitchSE-R said:
im assuming i have because when i check my account summary on albert there's a listing that says "Housing-Stuyvesant Town $6209.00" although i haven't received anything in the mail about it, does it say this for anybody else?

what's albert? how do you get there?

jay228 said:
what's albert? how do you get there?

well first of all you have to activate your NYUHome account at start.nyu.edu (you need your ID number for that) then you can logon at home.nyu.edu and from there it will it let you log onto albert and check everything about your status and what not

MitchSE-R said:
well first of all you have to activate your NYUHome account at start.nyu.edu (you need your ID number for that) then you can logon at home.nyu.edu and from there it will it let you log onto albert and check everything about your status and what not

i just checked albert and apparently i'm going to be in the 26th st. residences. im kinda surprised cuz i thought these were more in demand and i listed them as my second choice (as well as including a letter w/more specific requests for stuyvesant apts.). anyway, if anyone knows how to go about requesting a housing change, or if any of you has received a place in stuyvesant and would like to switch to 26th, please let me know. thanks a lot!

also i looked at housing forms through nyuhome and they still don't have me listed in any specific place yet (i'm guessing they update more slowly). does anyone know what the deal is with these "lottery points"?

have we had any other materials sent to us aside from telling us to pay our deposit (along with the health & computer information?)

does anyone know when our x'mas break will be? is it set the same every yr?
(i want to get plane tickets ASAP so i can go home (haven't been back for 2 yrs!), so the sooner i get em, the cheaper they'll be!)

thanks

so where r ppl living, aside from dorms?
gdluck w/ the apartment hunting people....i know it's a b!tch!

i'm pretty sure winter break is relatively the same each year, i.e. Christmas Eve through New Year's Day (but I guess it could vary based on how the days of the week fall). man, feels like high school all over again. as far as other documents we got the financial aid forms and stuff (if you filled out your fafsa and applied for loans and such). oh and another letter asking to send final transcripts. i think thats it.

does anyone have any info on the 26th street places? are they big/small? again, if anyone's tryin to switch up from stuyvesant to 26th, let me know..

The apt search has been tough, but my brother and I fround a nice place on 31st, a little walk to the school (approx 10-15mins). It wasn't easy finding it, but all that matters is that we found one and we'll be in Aug 1. I wish all the luck to everyone and their housing and hope to see my fellow sdners in school. :thumbup:

toothart said:
The apt search has been tough, but my brother and I fround a nice place on 31st, a little walk to the school (approx 10-15mins). It wasn't easy finding it, but all that matters is that we found one and we'll be in Aug 1. I wish all the luck to everyone and their housing and hope to see my fellow sdners in school. :thumbup:

Kips bay? The complex with the garden in there?

If all works out well, I'll be on 20th and 2nd.... ooh yeah... 3 minutes walk :)

I tried to log on to albert, but it asks for my pin...what is that?

ediddly said:
i just checked albert and apparently i'm going to be in the 26th st. residences. im kinda surprised cuz i thought these were more in demand and i listed them as my second choice (as well as including a letter w/more specific requests for stuyvesant apts.). anyway, if anyone knows how to go about requesting a housing change, or if any of you has received a place in stuyvesant and would like to switch to 26th, please let me know. thanks a lot!

that's strange cuz i specifically requested stuyvesant as well cuz i heard it was nicer than 26th on this board..oh and fruity here's the calendar http://www.nyu.edu/dental/bulletin/calendar.html

Dental916 said:
I tried to log on to albert, but it asks for my pin...what is that?

are you logging in through NYUHome? cuz it should just automatically take you to it without asking for any info

First off, thanks mitch for the help. I am on Housing - E 26th-Standard
$7,569.00. Mitch....yours is much cheaper. My apt better be nicer. :p

how were ppl informed about : home.nyu.edu ? :eek: :confused:

when and how much is the first installment of tuition due? am i blind? why can't i find this? :confused: :eek:

ughh i'm such an idiot

Hello SDNers,

Does anyone have a clue about the statistics of this year admissions. How many students were accepted. Also, how many students were kicked out last year. I was told a lot of students endup leaving and a lot of them are kicked out as well. Any information??

2pac- :confused:

http://www.nyu.edu/dental/bulletin/calendar.html

this is the schedule for 2005-2006. our summer isn't that bad after first year (unless we are unfortunate enough to have to remediate), but still no match for the 3.5 months we got in undergrad...sigh.

does anyone know anything about class dates/times? when i log on to "albert" its sayin we're taking 23.1 credits (don't know if they will add more) but doesn't have the times listed. i heard 3 days a week its 8-5 and two days a week 1-5 or something like that.

fruity_trident said:
how were ppl informed about : home.nyu.edu ? :eek: :confused:

when and how much is the first installment of tuition due? am i blind? why can't i find this? :confused: :eek:

ughh i'm such an idiot

fruity,
You will receive your first tuition bill soon, if you haven't. (Statement's billing date was 7/10/05)
$28,333 is due by 8/1/05. (of course, yours may be different)
Also, you can find out about home.nyu.edu and other info in a booklet which you will receive with this bill.

ToothCandy4U said:
fruity,
You will receive your first tuition bill soon, if you haven't. (Statement's billing date was 7/10/05)
$28,333 is due by 8/1/05. (of course, yours may be different)
Also, you can find out about home.nyu.edu and other info in a booklet which you will receive with this bill.

Has anyone tired to deal with the financial aid dept at NYUCD? She is SO SO SO RUDE!!!!!!!!!! and so unprofessional. Ugh, she's supose to be there to help us through our financial aid, but instead she bitches and moans about how much work she has to do. Give me a break.

drcharleshuang said:
Has anyone tired to deal with the financial aid dept at NYUCD? She is SO SO SO RUDE!!!!!!!!!! and so unprofessional. Ugh, she's supose to be there to help us through our financial aid, but instead she bitches and moans about how much work she has to do. Give me a break.
Welcome to my club, drcharleshuang.
I think I know who you are talking about.
I had a hell of time dealing with them. Not only were they rude but also they lied to me many times.
Unfortunately, our survival depends on those incompetent people. So our challenge is to figure out the way to make them help us. Very tricky.

Make sure you ask their name first when you call. Usually people become more polite once they reveal their name.

ToothCandy4U said:
Make sure you ask their name first when you call. Usually people become more polite once they reveal their name.

thanks for the tuition amount and date. i found out on albert how much i owe, but it doesn't say when. i called them a few days ago, and asked me if i got my statement, and i said NO.

anyways, the financial aid person wasn't there..so i coudln't ask.

anyways.. i know what u mean about asking for their names..i usually do, but i FORGET it..so after MANY instances of poor customer service related phone conversations, i've learnt that A) if u want something done right, u've gotta do it yourself & B) WRITE down the persons name!

thanks again for the info

fruity_trident said:
thanks for the tuition amount and date. i found out on albert how much i owe, but it doesn't say when. i called them a few days ago, and asked me if i got my statement, and i said NO.

anyways, the financial aid person wasn't there..so i coudln't ask.

anyways.. i know what u mean about asking for their names..i usually do, but i FORGET it..so after MANY instances of poor customer service related phone conversations, i've learnt that A) if u want something done right, u've gotta do it yourself & B) WRITE down the persons name!

thanks again for the info

I SERIOUSLY think we should record a phone call, and bring this up to the Deans of NYUCD or whoever is on top. This is riduculous, why should I feel so intimidated to call about my financial aid??? I think there are just two people who work there and I have spoken to both. One is Marisol, she is at least calm, but her voice is hella rude but that's cool. And these is this other lady, I don't know her name, but SHE IS SO UNPROFESSIONAL. Anyway, I seriously can't wait till i'm in NY so I can go to their office, and give them even a harder time. They seriously do not know who they are dealing with. We pay their salaries, they better treat us with some dignity!

drcharleshuang said:
I SERIOUSLY think we should record a phone call, and bring this up to the Deans of NYUCD or whoever is on top. This is riduculous, why should I feel so intimidated to call about my financial aid??? I think there are just two people who work there and I have spoken to both. One is Marisol, she is at least calm, but her voice is hella rude but that's cool. And these is this other lady, I don't know her name, but SHE IS SO UNPROFESSIONAL. Anyway, I seriously can't wait till i'm in NY so I can go to their office, and give them even a harder time. They seriously do not know who they are dealing with. We pay their salaries, they better treat us with some dignity!

If it is such a big pain in your ass to deal with all of the hoops and rude secretaries at NYU, then DONT GO!!! Find a school that will treat you as you want to be treated!

Superhuntress said:
If it is such a big pain in your ass to deal with all of the hoops and rude secretaries at NYU, then DONT GO!!! Find a school that will treat you as you want to be treated!

Or make the school treat you as you want to be treated... If personal conflicts between school employees prevented me from reaching my goal, I would probably not have made it through college. I think that all schools have some BS that you have to put up with...

Superhuntress said:

Many schools have incompetent and rude people. Maybe some might have fewer. It's inevitable!!!!
Superhuntress, I have a better idea. We should all live in a Disney World.
I am sure we will be treated with love and respect there.

Maybe I am used to dealing with incompetent people.

Remember! Your objective is to get the most out of those people!
Pi$$ing them off won't get you anywhere.
We are smart enough to manipulate incompetent! :D

fruity, no problem. Yes, I sometimes forget to get the person's name so I know exactly what you mean.

Well said :thumbup:

ToothCandy4U said:
Many schools have incompetent and rude people. Maybe some might have fewer. It's inevitable!!!!
Superhuntress, I have a better idea. We should all live in a Disney World.
I am sure we will be treated with love and respect there.

Maybe I am used to dealing with incompetent people.

Remember! Your objective is to get the most out of those people!
Pi$$ing them off won't get you anywhere.
We are smart enough to manipulate incompetent! :D

fruity, no problem. Yes, I sometimes forget to get the person's name so I know exactly what you mean.

Anyone already moved into nyc and in the nyucd area?

hey...are you guys buying a laptop backpack or a over the shoulder laptop case? also...do we have other binders or notebooks that we will need to carry?

hammer_time said:
Anyone already moved into nyc and in the nyucd area?

I move into the city on 15th of August!