NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Has anyone gotten off the waitlist recently?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I believe they would start going through the wait list starting April?
I agree. I am interviewing next week so just following this group last few weeks. They are sending acceptances every week from previous 2 week interviews (if you see last month or so). those not accepted getting into waitlist (not seen if they reject anyone). There is steady increase in count on facebook so it is moving as offers are sent. There are still many seats to grab so those waiting should be hopeful and be positive. In 2 more weeks they may get another 50 students from remaining interview days. so waitlist will move in April.

Do you know approx how many students are invited on the interview day?

I agree. I am interviewing next week so just following this group last few weeks. They are sending acceptances every week from previous 2 week interviews (if you see last month or so). those not accepted getting into waitlist (not seen if they reject anyone). There is steady increase in count on facebook so it is moving as offers are sent. There are still many seats to grab so those waiting should be hopeful and be positive. In 2 more weeks they may get another 50 students from remaining interview days. so waitlist will move in April.

Do you know approx how many students are invited on the interview day?
Interview days have around 7-11 students

I got waitlisted today after interviewing last week. This is so devastating to me I can’t explain. Does this mean my chances are low for a acceptance? Is there any advice on what I can do to get an acceptance at this point :(

I got waitlisted today after interviewing last week. This is so devastating to me I can’t explain. Does this mean my chances are low for a acceptance? Is there any advice on what I can do to get an acceptance at this point :(
it is hard to say who they accept and who to waitlist but you know they have to diversify from all over so some time because of your location\states they put students in queue so have to wait for some one to vacate the spot or in remaining interview may be some one from your state do not accept the offer and so on..... so there is lot of thing behind the scene happening just be hopeful nothing wrong otherwise.

Did anyone receive an email regarding update them if you are still interested to be on the waitlist?

I wasn't emailed, but I checked my nyu status portal and it said I got invited to an interview! I saw that the last days of march is still open for interviews.

May I ask when did you interview last week?

Members don't see this ad :)
Will they be sending out acceptances this week? Is the admissions office on break?

Will they be sending out acceptances this week? Is the admissions office on break?
yes they send every week and some one noted interviewing this week and available till end of March so office is working. I think interview goes in April too this year as they are late I heard and also I think plenty of seats still available.

Congrats to everyone who got accepted to NYU. Now as someone who is pretty close to being done with the program, I highly encourage you to GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!
I would never recommend NYUCD to anyone who's interested in dentistry. The administrators running the school are rotten to the core. This school is suffering from scandal after scandal. Not to mention all the people who got kicked (with $100-300k in d-school debt) for failing some complete bs courses. They will ruin your life with a smile on their face. Welcome to NYC hospitality! If you insist on joining us, at least you know that you've been warned.

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know how the selection occurs after the interview stage? does GPA or DAT scores still considered or all the percentage of selection goes towards the interview score?

Does anyone know how the selection occurs after the interview stage? does GPA or DAT scores still considered or all the percentage of selection goes towards the interview score?
My theory is this with the conclusion that only the interview performance matters post-interview stage. I assume that because if you received an invitation, your stats are good enough for them to consider you. If you did well on the interview, there's no reason for them to not accept you, especially when the admissions and offers are done via rolling basis and you're honestly evaluated on a case-by-case basis. On the other hand, I don't think extremely good stats would make up for poor interview performance since I have seen people getting waitlisted with really good stats ( above avg listed in the NYU interview booklet). Just my two cents though.

Reactions: 1 users
My theory is this with the conclusion that only the interview performance matters post-interview stage. I assume that because if you received an invitation, your stats are good enough for them to consider you. If you did well on the interview, there's no reason for them to not accept you, especially when the admissions and offers are done via rolling basis and you're honestly evaluated on a case-by-case basis. On the other hand, I don't think extremely good stats would make up for poor interview performance since I have seen people getting waitlisted with really good stats ( above avg listed in the NYU interview booklet). Just my two cents though.
I agree but still every thing gets a weightage so GPA and DAT may have 20% weightage each so if u compare one with GPA of 4 and other with GPA of 3.4 obviously it may look big difference but when you convert based on weightage the margin is as as such now that one can easily cover that gap thru better performance in interview and one can easily ruin chances of good GPA with not that great interview performance. in short, interview is critical to the process. once over all scoring is done they must have cutoff for waitlist and then over period they may be adjusting that to clear some waitlist. I am pretty sure another big factor is IS, OSS or international so they would have different cut off for those and they must be adjusting it based on the volume they would have.

Is the last confirmed acceptance day March 15? Have any acceptances been sent out since then?

Anyone that has been waitlisted, did you receive any updates?

Is the last confirmed acceptance day March 15? Have any acceptances been sent out since then?
I do not think any one here received otherwise they would post. The issue is very few are waiting for acceptance and hardly any one interviewing this week or next here so we would not know. last time we took a vote and only 6 were waitlisted and after that couple joined so I do not mind taking a vote again. If any one waiting to hear back please like this message?

Reactions: 10 users
I do not think any one here received otherwise they would post. The issue is very few are waiting for acceptance and hardly any one interviewing this week or next here so we would not know. last time we took a vote and only 6 were waitlisted and after that couple joined so I do not mind taking a vote again. If any one waiting to hear back please like this message?
Thank you all for vote. As expected less than 10 students in this forum waitlisted so if this sample represent 10% of population then all have good amount of chance to get off waitlist. Let us hope for the best. For those who missed or get waitlisted please like the previous message it would be great help. also, those who can hear anything back please post as well.

Interviewed on 3/11 and accepted today : D! Good luck everyone.
Direct acceptance not waitlisted.
My stats: cgpa 3.5 spga 3.4 21AA/20TS
I'm OOS from California.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
so far 11 are waitlisted and no one seems waiting to hear back except me (I interviewed on Mar 18).
You’ll either get a reply exactly within 2 weeks or exactly within 1 week

Congratulations! May you please share your stats if you don’t mind. Also were you waitlisted or direct acceptance?
Hi! I updated my comment above. Hopefully, that helps. Best of luck.
It seems like you will hear back from them exactly 13 days from your interview. This was the case for other people and it happened to be true in my case. I interviewed on 3/11 and was accepted on 3/24, exactly 13 days later.

so far 11 are waitlisted and no one seems waiting to hear back except me (I interviewed on Mar 18)so far 11 are waitlisted and no one seems waiting to hear back except me (I interviewed on Mar 18).
If you interviewed on 3/18, expect an email 13 days after that, which is 3/31.

If you interviewed on 3/18, expect an email 13 days after that, which is 3/31.
agree with your observation so I also think that way but I saw someone hear back within a week (waitlisted though). I think no news is good news.

Does anyone know when interviews go till? Cause I just received an invite to interview yesterday but there isnt any available spots open right now.

Does anyone know when interviews go till? Cause I just received an invite to interview yesterday but there isnt any available spots open right now.
This time they are going till April (I was told in my interview last week) so you will see next week most probably. good luck.

This time they are going till April (I was told in my interview last week) so you will see next week most probably. good luck.
They won’t start going through waitlist until interviews are officially over right?

They won’t start going through waitlist until interviews are officially over right?
I think they will release seats now to give enough time for students to plan housing, finance especially ny and keep very few now. I think they may be taking interviews for waitlist (I may be wrong) as they know few students give up their seats still in April\May as they may get into other schools. I know for sure few Canadian school will give out offers in April\May so it is from nyu where students move out. Count at least 10 students on this but again they will fill up with Canadian waitlisted students to keep that balance. I know few Canadians on waitlist at NYU.

interviewed 3/11 accepted today (exactly 2 weeks after) via email!

3/16 interview, accepted today!!!!!!!

congrats to all those accepted today it seems they have sent out up to Mar 16 so time to take a vote if you can participate.
Those who still waiting to hear back please like this post?
it seems no one is waitlisted this week so if you waitlisted please post separately.

I received an interview invite on March 22. The only available interview day was March 31.

some one said available mar 31 so check again