NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I heard that interviews are 2 1-on-1 with faculty and 1 1-on-1 with admission rep. However, I only see 1 link for the faculty interview. Does it mean I only have 1 interview with faculty?

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard that interviews are 2 1-on-1 with faculty and 1 1-on-1 with admission rep. However, I only see 1 link for the faculty interview. Does it mean I only have 1 interview with faculty?
you only have 1 interview with faculty and 1 with the admissions. The link for faculty is separate of the admissions and they will tell you which links to use on your interview day. Just join the main link first

Reactions: 1 user
I started taking science courses after completing my bachelors and didn’t do well in my undergrad.
Gotcha, glad it’s gone up! And while yes some get in with 19AAs I believe 18AA is around the 5th percentile for applicants entering nyu. So it’s just on the lower end. But with a class size of 360 there will be some. Hoping for good luck for you!

Interview #5
Notification date:
01/06
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/29
Application complete date: 10/4
GPA (science, overall): Undergraduate sGPA: 3.4 overall: 3.6 and Master’s sGPA: 4.0 overall: 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19AA, 20TS, 22 PAT, 21 Reading, No
Method of interview: Virtual

Last edited:
Interview #5
Notification date:
01/06
GPA (science, overall): Undergraduate sGPA: 3.4 overall: 3.6 and Master’s sGPA: 4.0 overall: 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19AA, 20TS, 22 PAT, 21 Reading, No
Method of interview: Kira plus virtual
NYU doesn’t use Kira? Mistake?

Interview #5
Notification date:
01/06
Method of interview: Virtual
congrats!! i hope your interview goes well :) Did you send any letters of interest?

If we interviewed about 2 weeks ago, does anyone know how long after the interview we hear back??

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they will send out more acceptances tomorrow. They sent some Feb 1st of last year too.
During my interview, they said we would expect to hear sth in roughly 2 weeks by Feb 15.

I interviewed three weeks ago and just got accepted! Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 3 users
I interviewed three weeks ago and just got accepted! Good luck everyone!!
Congrats! I interviewed on Jan 11th and haven’t heard back yet. When did you interview and what time did you hear back today?

Congrats! I interviewed on Jan 11th and haven’t heard back yet. When did you interview and what time did you hear back today?
I interviewed on Feb 12th and got a "status update" email around 11am pst today.
Wishing you the best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Waitlisted. Got a status update around 2 EST

Just got an invite!
Interview #5
Notification date:
2/1
Method of notification:
Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/13
Application complete date:
12/17 (I submitted super late)
GPA (science, overall):
sGPA: 3.93, cGPA: 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23 AA, 23 TS, 22 PAT, 21 RC, no sections below 17
Method of interview: (2/17) virtual

for those getting interviews post december, have you been uploading documents/more info about last semester to the nyu portal?

Anyone's app still in review.. ?
I am. I interviewed Jan 25th and they said we would hear back this week so maybe today or tomorrow. But I thought a one week turnaround sounded a bit quick

Reactions: 1 users
I am. I interviewed Jan 25th and they said we would hear back this week so maybe today or tomorrow. But I thought a one week turnaround sounded a bit quick
Me too, but I interviewed on Jan 11th and they said less than 3 weeks still haven’t heard back. I know someone who interviewed in December and still nothing!

I feel like not hearing back is a good thing. Better than rejected or waitlisted. You might wanna send them a letter of intent. I think that will help cause they seem to like that alot

I feel like not hearing back is a good thing. Better than rejected or waitlisted. You might wanna send them a letter of intent. I think that will help cause they seem to like that alot
True. I already send them one last week. So now I’m just waiting

For those who have had an interview- does it matter when you submit the interview questionnaire/agreement? Like is it time sensitive and does it reflect badly if I submit it a few days after receiving it

For those who have had an interview- does it matter when you submit the interview questionnaire/agreement? Like is it time sensitive and does it reflect badly if I submit it a few days after receiving it
Probably not. If there’s no due date, usually within a week is best to get it in. Don’t let it sit

Accepted! Got an email at 5:05 ET

waitlisted 12/15 , accepted today !!!!

Interviewed 1/11, accepted today 5.05!

I was looking at the academic calendar and I see some remedial periods. Does anybody know if everyone is taking classes then or just the students retaking courses?

I was looking at the academic calendar and I see some remedial periods. Does anybody know if everyone is taking classes then or just the students retaking courses?
It’s when you fail a class, they give you time and allow you to retake the exam

Hey guys I interviewed today and was told to not contact interviewers directly but rather send it the admissions office. Has anyone been told that?

Interviewed 2/7 accepted 2/10. Deposit due date 2/25

Reactions: 5 users