NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

What’s the likelihood of getting off the waitlist

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can any current students help me with this question, please?

I accepted NYU's offer, and I have a question about the academic audit. What if NYU says one of my classes does not meet the English requirement? What do I do then? Do I have to enroll in any accredited college to take one English class so I can meet NYU dental's English prerequisites? Do I have to complete the English class before July? Will NYU dental school revoke my offer? How does it work?

Thanks in advance.

Can any current students help me with this question, please?

I accepted NYU's offer, and I have a question about the academic audit. What if NYU says one of my classes does not meet the English requirement? What do I do then? Do I have to enroll in any accredited college to take one English class so I can meet NYU dental's English prerequisites? Do I have to complete the English class before July? Will NYU dental school revoke my offer? How does it work?

Thanks in advance.
Usually during your interview the admissions advisor would have told you what they thought about the prerequisites. Did they tell you the English class doesn’t meet their requirement?

Usually during your interview the admissions advisor would have told you what they thought about the prerequisites. Did they tell you the English class doesn’t meet their requirement?
No, during the interview. The admission advisor did not mention about my applications. He did not even mention the word "prerequisites", lol

Thanks for your quick reply

Thanks for your quick reply
Interesting! Mine brought up my course work and asked if I would complete on time. I would email them and ask, they will be most knowledgeable. TBH I didn’t even have English courses bc my AP classes got me out of it. But most schools took my humanities and upper division life sciences elective writing intensive courses. I’d say most schools are lax about it as long as you have your English requirements met to graduate your university. Just reach out to them!

For people who interviewed or any D1-4 NYU students, can you guys tell me any tips to prepare aside from reviewing my application, and basic questions of why NYU? Thank you :)

For people who interviewed or any D1-4 NYU students, can you guys tell me any tips to prepare aside from reviewing my application, and basic questions of why NYU? Thank you :)
both are good points to start, I was also asked some ethical/moral questions and how I would handle/respond to the situation. Have a couple of scenarios in the back of your head you can use. I would also say to just try and relax and be yourself. I found the interview to be very laid back and enjoyable. You don't need to make the interview solely about dentistry, I talked about my other hobbies and what interested me. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
both are good points to start, I was also asked some ethical/moral questions and how I would handle/respond to the situation. Have a couple of scenarios in the back of your head you can use. I would also say to just try and relax and be yourself. I found the interview to be very laid back and enjoyable. You don't need to make the interview solely about dentistry, I talked about my other hobbies and what interested me. Good luck!
Thank you for your response. I really appreciate it!!

Interesting! Mine brought up my course work and asked if I would complete on time. I would email them and ask, they will be most knowledgeable. TBH I didn’t even have English courses bc my AP classes got me out of it. But most schools took my humanities and upper division life sciences elective writing intensive courses. I’d say most schools are lax about it as long as you have your English requirements met to graduate your university. Just reach out to them!
Got it, thank you!

Anyone else getting off waitlist for pre-dec applicant? I am still waiting since Dec.15 th :)

Is anyone still waitlisted? What are the chances of getting off the waitlist? The waiting game is so stressful.

Is anyone still waitlisted? What are the chances of getting off the waitlist? The waiting game is so stressful.
may i ask if ur in state? it seems like a lot of movement will happen in march and april according to previous cycles!

how did you prepare for your interviews? and what kind of questions did they ask you guys?

how did you prepare for your interviews? and what kind of questions did they ask you guys?
Just know your application well inside and out. Be able to expand upon anything in it. Know some hobbies, what you do for fun, why dentistry, why NYU, and have a couple experiences you can relate to based on ethical/moral based questions. I was asked a couple.

Relax and enjoy the day, NYU was a very laid back interview even with faculty

Reactions: 2 users
Hello! Is there anyone who interviewed in mid-Feb and hasn't heard anything yet?

Just withdrew my spot at NYU. I hope that it goes to one of you guys on the waitlist! Best of luck to you all!

Reactions: 7 users
Congratulations!
When did you do the interview?
Excuse me, how much is the scholarship?
I did the interview like 2 days before I got accepted and the scholarship was like 15k per year

Reactions: 1 users
Got an interview invite today - the latest date I see is March 10, would there be any more slots available?

Last edited:
Got an interview invite today - the latest date I see is March 10, would there be any more slots available?
Do you mean after March 10? They might add them or give them a call. They’re very accommodating

Do you mean after March 10? They might add them or give them a call. They’re very accommodating
Thank you! And yes I meant after March 10. Do admissions respond on the weekend? I’m just worried the March 10 slot will be filled too. (Sorry I’m Canadian so I’m not sure about the process for each school, I know they differ)

Thank you! And yes I meant after March 10. Do admissions respond on the weekend? I’m just worried the March 10 slot will be filled too. (Sorry I’m Canadian so I’m not sure about the process for each school, I know they differ)
They’re closed on the weekends 😕 but mayeb sign up for the 10th for now and then ask later if you can move it to later they only showed me specific dates when I signed up too but I’m sure they will be able to help :)

Anyone have an interview coming up this week? If yes, are you OOS (out of state)? :)

when’s the last day applicants can hold multiple seats? i need this waitlist to move already

For those that were accepted, anyone get something delivered from NYUCD? Had a notification for a package, but I'm not sure what this might be.

For those that were accepted, anyone get something delivered from NYUCD? Had a notification for a package, but I'm not sure what this might be.
I got the same email. They might be sending like a welcome package. Or just a letter.

Do people automatically get waitlisted after interview if not accepted or do some actually get rejected? Thank you for any response.

Do people automatically get waitlisted after interview if not accepted or do some actually get rejected? Thank you for any response.
most schools will waitlist after interview but it’s especially true for NYU due to class size and a lot of students tend to drop their seat after getting off the waitlist from cheaper schools. it’s best for them to keep the waitlist as big as possible. i don’t think anyone gets rejected after interview, only until around after orientation

Reactions: 1 users
I heard from my top choice! And will be dropping my seat! Goodluck everyone!

Reactions: 5 users