NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Any more waitlist movement? waitlisted since 12/15

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
i live in nyc and my heart breaks to have to move away. hoping for that interview

Reactions: 1 users
They interview very late and accept students very late compared to other schools. Don’t lose hope there’s plenty of time

That’s what I thought, but I asked via virtual meeting and they said they gonna have interview until March this year.
By the way, I just got an invitation today.

Reactions: 2 users
in previous threads, i have seen people talking about students getting kicked out of school for failing classes… is this true ?

in previous threads, i have seen people talking about students getting kicked out of school for failing classes… is this true ?
it would depend on how many classes you fail and if you don't successfully remediate the courses. With NYU being the largest class in the nation, it's possible they have a handful students leave each year. Usually for most schools it may be 1-3 (if any), but NYU is 3x bigger than most so that number could be larger. Schools don't usually just kick you out for failing classes, you have the opportunity to do make up work, but if you aren't able to complete those you may be asked to repeat the year or leave.

Note: schools don't want to kick you out, NYU looks at you as a $360,000+ price tag for tuition, so they don't want to have you leave unless you've shown you can't handle the curriculum.

Members don't see this ad :)
until the end of march?

Not sure, i did meeting last week and the lady said that I will get an email within a month whatever it is whether it’s a rejection or invitation. But still thinking it’s quite early to close

Reactions: 1 user
What were your stats and how did u feel the interview went?
Interview #5
Notification date:
01/06
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 08/29
Application complete date: 10/4
GPA (science, overall): Undergraduate sGPA: 3.4 overall: 3.6 and Master’s sGPA: 4.0 overall: 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19AA, 20TS, 22 PAT, 21 Reading, No
Method of interview: Virtual
These were my stats! This was my second cycle. I thought this was my best interview even though they roasted me all throughout the interview!

• Haha
How full is the class do you guys think?

Withdrew my application and declined my interview today. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 4 users
Considering that not all of the accepted students are in the FB group, and how its around mid Feb, I think it's around half full but could be a little less or more! I guess we can only guess at this point :/

Hi, current d1 here! yes, this is somewhat true. at NYU there are two types of failing. Failing is considered anything under a 69.5% which comes out to a D average. If you receive a D overall in a course at the end, the school will allow you to retake it at the end of the semester to move forward. This year they changed the remedial period a bit from previous years where each semester (summer/fall or spring) you are only allowed to receive a D in two courses and are allowed to retake an exam for those two courses. If you received 3 Ds that is considered failing and the school will not allow you to continue and ask you to return the following year and restart. The second form of failing is if you receive an F (59.49% and below) in a course and that is not considered remedial and they will ask you to leave and come back the following year. NYU does not really "kick anyone out" they just make you restart the year

Reactions: 2 users
Some accurate information and some inaccurate.

@dentjo26 Corrected most of what the previous person said, which is good. You need to be careful of what information you are sending especially if you are not yet attending and don't know for sure.

NYU is heartless. You have no idea. If you are in the range of remedials, you must pass to stay in the current year. If you are below, you automatically fail. If you can repeat the year or get kicked out really depends on the administrators. Trust me, the school has not been lenient. You say, no, the school will want money and that's not what they do? They take in international students by mid of D2 and trust me, you will graduate with nearly 400 in your class, same as what you started with. They don't worry about your money at all.

At the end of the 4 years, you can expect about 10-15% of your original class members either repeating or kicked out. That's about 40 to 60 students. My first year alone, we had about 20 students removed. Second year, we had about 30. I'm sure we had some in the third year, but probably little compared to the first 2.

You guys will know more about it as you go. If you study as you should, though, you shouldn't have to worry about remediating or failing. Only those who don't do as they should fail out. In the end, we all say "no surprise there."

Let me end with...: I got "lucky" with interest freeze and some financial help from the govt and school, but those of you planning to attend NYU on full ride loans should really be careful. You're looking at 700k+ by the time you graduate.

For those of who you who have interviewed, how long did it take to receive your acceptances or rejections.

I received an interview invite yesterday! For those who have interviewed, was it a photo with you wearing interview attire for uploading the passport photo?

I received an interview invite yesterday! For those who have interviewed, was it a photo with you wearing interview attire for uploading the passport photo?

I sent one after work (had scrubs on) lmao

• Love
my application is still in review (no interview yet).. is anyone like this too? Are you guys still waiting too?

Does NYU use Certiphi? I got an email from them but this is the first I've heard of it.