NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Hey guys, I went to the Greater NY Dental Meeting and met and talked to the admissions officer for NYU and she told me that they'll likely do one more candidate day invite wave before January but they'll still do more candidate day invite waves up until March.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Candidate Day
School: NYU
Notification date: 11/27/2023
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/13/2023
Application complete: 11/03/2023 (completed Kira)
GPA (overall, science): 3.51 cGPA; 3.3 sGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/23/21/none
Dates available: 01/11, 01/18, and 01/25

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I went to the Greater NY Dental Meeting and met and talked to the admissions officer for NYU and she told me that they'll likely do one more candidate day invite wave before January but they'll still do more candidate day invite waves up until March.
Did you ask if Candidate Day was an early acceptance, or around what % of those invited will be accepted?

Did you ask if Candidate Day was an early acceptance, or around what % of those invited will be accepted?
candidate day is not an early acceptance...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
ok, you're right
it's an early acceptance...
I feel like you know what I mean. Not that it's an actual acceptance, but whether or not it's a strong indicator of the direction of your application.

I feel like you know what I mean. Not that it's an actual acceptance, but whether or not it's a strong indicator of the direction of your application.
it's just the final step of their admissions process. Kind of like the "interview". You're not guaranteed anything nor is it a strong indication of acceptance. Like other schools, they invite qualified applicants they like and invite them to campus. They simply separated the "interview" portion and made it into Kira as you can visit the campus more relaxed. Hope that helps

you wanted to know if was an early acceptance, but now you are saying you weren't asking if it's an actual acceptance?
you have no idea what i feel
NYU traditionally interviews tons of applicants
and traditionally accepts lots of applicants, because many people turn them down for other schools
i would bet that they interview even more people this year since they are using kira
i assume, but i don't know for sure, that all or most of the acceptances will come from those offered candidate day
i would not say at all that it's a STRONG indicator, but it's better than not getting an invite to candidate day...

Is there another candidate day scheduled before the dec 15th?

Candidate Day
School: NYU
Notification date: 11/27/2023
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
AADSAS mail-out date: 10/13/2023
Application complete: 11/03/2023 (completed Kira)
GPA (overall, science): 3.51 cGPA; 3.3 sGPA
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/23/21/none
Dates available: 01/11, 01/18, and 01/25
my application complete on oct 28th, and my dat AA24 TS 25, I did not received anything. I also did my postbacc at nyu, BCP. 3.853. 😂

Members don't see this ad :)
I read that NYU sends them out around 2-4 PM EST. Best of luck, everyone.

Reactions: 4 users
Accepted !! No email but checked application portal and had a status change

• Love
Waitlisted. Anyone knows how long it usually takes students to get off the waitlist?

you can expect people to start getting off the waitlist when the accepted pool start withdrawing their apps in favor of other schools. I suspect a larger majority of people on the waitlist will get off after January 15. Many opt for their in-state schools or schools with less tuition, so your chances aren’t extremely low.

Reactions: 2 users
Do you think there will be candidate days in January and onwards?

it is so weird, NYU accepted lower stats but rejected higher lol. So sorry to hear that, you will get accepted in better school :)
it's not all about the stats...

If we wanted to send letters of continued interest or any updates/questions, who are we supposed to contact?

Do you think there will be candidate days in January and onwards?
Yes there will be in January and likely in February too. Over the last couple years, they have done interviews well into April so don’t lose hope!

Reactions: 2 users