NYU College of Dentistry Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Remember NYU has a large class and a high COA. Keep your hopes (and bank balance) up as many people with offers may decline them for COA reasons. Congrats to those with significant scholarships!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
here’s a link to this year’s Facebook group:

Interview/Candidate Day: #1
School: NYU
Notification date: 11/1/2023
Method of notification: Email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/11/2023
Application complete: 7/25/2023
GPA (overall, science): 3.3, 3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/19/20/22/none

let's gooo
Waitlist. Trusting the process!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got invited to candidate day rn

Congrats! When did you apply and your stats if you don’t mind sharing
Sometime in September;
22 AA, 22TS, 17 PAT; 3.86 GPA, 3.82 sGPA

Withdrew my application

Good luck guys

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
If anyone has accepted NYU offer, can you please let us know the deposit schedule (ie. when is the second installment due?)? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Btw I’ve heard a lot of horror stories about NYUCD. I personally wouldn’t go there even if it was my only acceptance. The school has a ridiculously high COA along with even higher attrition rate.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
IMG_1250.jpg

Please be smart when choosing schools everyone!

• Wow
Btw I’ve heard a lot of horror stories about NYUCD. I personally wouldn’t go there even if it was my only acceptance. The school has a ridiculously high COA along with even higher attrition rate.
Would love to hear these horror stories. Cost isn't really a factor for me so I wanna hear some concrete drawbacks besides 'big class size.'

Hi everyone! Is there any chance that if I apply to NYUCD at this point in the admissions process I still have a chance at being accepted?

Would love to hear these horror stories. Cost isn't really a factor for me so I wanna hear some concrete drawbacks besides 'big class size.'
Clinic and patient management: Will you get enough experience? Material/instrument support? Can you swap if you need to do specific procedures to "graduate"? Scheduling? Access to preceptors?

Clinic and patient management: Will you get enough experience? Material/instrument support? Can you swap if you need to do specific procedures to "graduate"? Scheduling? Access to preceptors?
Did these issues occur due to the big class size and lack of faculty support at NYU? Do other schools like Tufts provide a better support and clinic/patient management? Thank you very much for your info.

Did these issues occur due to the big class size and lack of faculty support at NYU? Do other schools like Tufts provide a better support and clinic/patient management? Thank you very much for your info.
do a search on this forum, it comes up at least one or two times a year
read through these NYU interview/acceptance threads every year, it gets covered most years...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Hello, has anyone gotten an invite to Candidate Day recently?

Do you go to NYU?

Quick question: I am wanting to accept the offer and pay it in two deposits. If i pay the 1500 over this weekend and I hear back from other/my top choice school later, do I still owe the rest of 3500 in march?

Quick question: I am wanting to accept the offer and pay it in two deposits. If i pay the 1500 over this weekend and I hear back from other/my top choice school later, do I still owe the rest of 3500 in march?
Nope! You’ll forfeit what you’ve given them at the time you decide to give up your seat.

i uploaded a letter of interest in the portal last week, how likely are to read the letter? Or should i email my admissions officer directly?

i uploaded a letter of interest in the portal last week, how likely are to read the letter? Or should i email my admissions officer directly?
I personally sent it to my admissions officer and they replied that they put the letter of interest on my file, so I think that the admission officer would be the right person to email.

Hey! Did anyone assisted to the info session snd received an email asking them like “sorry we missed you” should I said I was there or what?

I feel like crap. Let's make it crappier.

NYU grad. Ask away.

• Haha